The Student Room Group

Southampton University Whos going

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by meowoofbaa
Have you not been given a conditional offer on UCAS?
Do tell me what happens though when you do find out :smile:
I hope it is running... and the woman is just confused.com

Well my conditional is still the same as it was for the adult nursing degree that i applied for first. I hope so that it is running aswell:smile:
Reply 61
Original post by glf2110
I've found that you get quicker and correct information from [email protected] rather than [email protected] who seem to be a complete waste of space. (The first email address is apparently for specific enquiries, the 2nd is for general) Hope this helps everyone.

That is the address I emailed the ''[email protected]" one.

Original post by fox1993
Well my conditional is still the same as it was for the adult nursing degree that i applied for first. I hope so that it is running aswell:smile:

Did they not change your offer to the BN4 course rather than BN3?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 62

Took them over a week to respond but I suppose it was the RW weekend. :tongue:
Reply 63
Original post by glf2110
Took them over a week to respond but I suppose it was the RW weekend. :tongue:

Haha, they replied to me within 2/3 days I think. :smile: What have you emailed them?
Reply 64
Haha, they replied to me within 2/3 days I think. :smile: What have you emailed them?

I asked if because I hadn't anything back from them (as promised) regarding my application for dual award, was I right in thinking that I wasn't successful. Got conflicting answers from UCAS-admissions and healthsciences. Healthsciences were quicker though.
Reply 65
Original post by glf2110
I asked if because I hadn't anything back from them (as promised) regarding my application for dual award, was I right in thinking that I wasn't successful. Got conflicting answers from UCAS-admissions and healthsciences. Healthsciences were quicker though.

What had healthsciences said?
I hope you were successful, did you too originally apply for the adult based degree?
Reply 66

Did they not change your offer to the BN4 course rather than BN3?

It is the BN4 now i was saying that i have got the same condition. If tht is wat u meant
Reply 67
Original post by fox1993
It is the BN4 now i was saying that i have got the same condition. If tht is wat u meant

Oh okay. Well that should mean something then! (That it has been validated?!):biggrin:
Reply 68
dunno i am confused about it, it definately says childrens and adults nursing
Reply 69
Original post by fox1993
dunno i am confused about it, it definately says childrens and adults nursing

I guess all you can do for assurance is email the healthsciences people and see what they tell you?
Reply 70
Hi I have firmed an offer from Southampton for the Adult Nursing Degree. As I am a mature student I will be studying and doing placements in Portsmouth as that is where I currently am.
What is happening with the Dual Field now then?
Congrats on the places everyone
xx
^_^
Reply 71
Hey guys. I'm trying to look for the detailed course units for the Adult Nursing Degree - B745 but I can't find it anyyywheree, could someone give me some information on the course units specifically please? Thankyou :smile:
Reply 72
Hey guys. I'm trying to look for the detailed course units for the Adult Nursing Degree - B745 but I can't find it anyyywheree, could someone give me some information on the course units specifically please? Thankyou :smile:

You'll probably need to email the dept.
Reply 73
Original post by glf2110
You'll probably need to email the dept.

Ah okay thanks :biggrin:
Any news on BN4?
Reply 74
Ah okay thanks :biggrin:
Any news on BN4?

I didn't get it but it is running.
Reply 75
Original post by glf2110
I didn't get it but it is running.

That's good! Strange for the healthsciences dept to email me that :s.
Reply 76
To all the new nursing students for 2011 entry.....does anyone know what length of contract we need as when i went to apply for accomodation there was no offer for a long contract. I'm really confused and could really do with some help as i don't want to get it wrong. Can we apply for a long contract as our academic year is longer or do we have to apply for a standard contract and then get out of term time residence??
Any ideas??
Thanks
Reply 77
Original post by NicolaR
To all the new nursing students for 2011 entry.....does anyone know what length of contract we need as when i went to apply for accomodation there was no offer for a long contract. I'm really confused and could really do with some help as i don't want to get it wrong. Can we apply for a long contract as our academic year is longer or do we have to apply for a standard contract and then get out of term time residence??
Any ideas??
Thanks

Spot on with the 2nd option. We apply for standard and then extend it once we're there. :smile:

"Occasionally, undergraduate students find that their courses can run on beyond 01st July. In cases like this it is usually not necessary to take a 51 week contract, but instead opt for the 39 or 40 week contract and arrange Out of Term Residence (OTR) with their Hall Manager if they need to stay longer."
Reply 78
Is that what you're going to do?? I just don't want to get it wrong and get stuck with nowhere to live...thanks
x
Reply 79
Original post by NicolaR
Is that what you're going to do?? I just don't want to get it wrong and get stuck with nowhere to live...thanks
x

This is what I've done. We have to indicate that we're nursing students on our application. I know I've read it somewhere that it's what we do. I'll take another look and get back to you. :smile:

Update: I can't find where I originally saw it but I'm convinced that we all apply for standard contract and then at the end of it we'll get relocated to another halls where we'll be all together. Suppose it makes it easier for the cleaners etc.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest