The Student Room Group

The 50 hour study week trial - TRY IT- I'LL JOIN YOU!

Scroll to see replies

I'm in. I'm awful for procrastinating so I highly doubt I'll manage the whole 50 hours but I'll try. I have planned 6h15 per day for Mon-Fri and 18h45 for Saturday as I still have school this week and next week. From half term I should be able to achieve 50 actual hours of revision a week :/
Original post by joestevens2092
What time are you going to bed? How fresh to do you feel throughout the day?

by 2pm I was feeling a bit tired, took a 3 hour nap.
Woke up at 5 and did another 2 hours. Gonna hit they hay at midnight.
last week i only managed 27 hours, but i wasnt on study leave yet. i have 8 days to revise for two exams.

new week, new start, bring on the revising!
OK, doubt I'll manage it as I'm dreadful at procrastinating.....
day 1: 5 hours
day 2 : 5.5 hours
day 3: 3.5 hours

I'm aiming for at least 30 hours, and will try my best to get to 40 =)
Reply 585
i havent relay been revising much durign this week of exams...i wnated to be fresh for the exam so just two hours a night...but now iv got a english lit exam on mondya and this weekened is goign to be intense revision for it...: )
i think im going to strat staerdya by practicing essays : )
I'm really amazed how people are making it to 50 hours. I'm aiming for 30 and that's proving to be difficult.
Reply 587
Original post by Justeen910
I'm really amazed how people are making it to 50 hours. I'm aiming for 30 and that's proving to be difficult.

i can't get past 2 tbh
Reply 588
Original post by Aj12
whats that 7 hours a day? 2.5 hours roughly per subject for 3 A levels? Sounds doable. I did about 5 hours each day when I was revising.

seriously that's way too much. I struggled for 20 hours a week for the last month before exams with 4 and a have a levels. 5 if you count general studies. No wonder i failed

do people actually read 30 - 50hours a week?!
Original post by huggies55
i can't get past 2 tbh

The most I can make is like 4 hours a day, but then I'm so dead/knackered the next day that day's revision is affected.
Reply 590
The most I can make is like 4 hours a day, but then I'm so dead/knackered the next day that day's revision is affected.

i meant 2 hours a week.
if you're too tired, try 2 hours a day then bump it up. and have a good nights sleep and (if you can wake up) little naps during the day
i meant 2 hours a week.
if you're too tired, try 2 hours a day then bump it up. and have a good nights sleep and (if you can wake up) little naps during the day

I sleep forever. I do have naps in the day, but trying to reduce that as my sleeping pattern is ****ed. I sleep about 10-11 hours at nights and then regularly have ~2 hours naps in afternoon.

Not got long left til exams are over though, keep plodding on.
Reply 592
I sleep forever. I do have naps in the day, but trying to reduce that as my sleeping pattern is ****ed. I sleep about 10-11 hours at nights and then regularly have ~2 hours naps in afternoon.

then my advice is caffeine! keep a kettle in your room if you have to.

Good idea, good luck!
Reply 594
LOL this is so good

Im in for this challenge but i'll start tomorrow (Monday)

3.5 hours for maths and 3.5 hours of chemistry a day.
I've failed for these past two weeks :frown:

I'm definitely determined to start this week, seeing as my first exam is this Friday. Eeek! I hate being so unmotivated, it's not like my usual self :frown:

I'm gonna do 40 hours because I'm doing my GCSE's!

I have an idea for an incentive (reward)! When someone accomplishes a goal, we send them a PM saying congrats with a link to one of their favorite things, like a video of their fave rock band or a link to a site with cookie vouchers! Sounds bizzare but I think it could work if we tried. All you have to is post your interests. Okay so my interests: Trey Songz, ballet, violin, classical music, Jamaica...
Ok, last week, I failed....this week, I will hit 50!!!!!!

Not necessarily, if there's a reason behind needing that much sleep, caffeine is not going to help and might make it worse.
I'm nearing about 50 hours per week. Without work etc, I can do about 6-7 hours per day. I time myself though, I'll have a 30 minute countdown, then after the times up I'll see if I'm up to another 30 minutes, if not I'll take a small break then just repeat the process. Hence although I'm at my desk for at least 12 hours per day now, I split my time accordingly. Need to sleep more though, I'm only getting about 6 hours on average per night.
Reply 599
Clocked up 6.5 hours today, quite happy with myself

Day 1: 6 and a half hours
Day 2:
Day 3:
Day 4:
Day 5:
Day 6:
Day 7:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest