The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I got less than I was expecting so I'm not entirely sure what happened there. I definitely didn't get the bonus though as I've not worked there long enough.

Out of curiousity after taking the forms in for the discount card how long should it take to be activated?
Original post by KatrinaLou
I got less than I was expecting so I'm not entirely sure what happened there. I definitely didn't get the bonus though as I've not worked there long enough.

Out of curiousity after taking the forms in for the discount card how long should it take to be activated?

24 hours :smile:
I didnt get the bonus either, even though ive worked there for 7 months. A guy did get one but only an extra £22.
Reply 8543
Got my uniform today for a job at Sainsburys and I got a Small Mens T-shirt, which is usually fine, but these come up huge and I'm pretty slim so it looks pretty ridiculous all baggy, does anyone know if they do XS mens sizes?

Would be great if someone could answer this over night!! ? :smile:
Reply 8544
Alot of people I know got about £100 - A little unfair on nightshift seen as we barely see customers yet the bonus is almost entirely dependant on dayshift.

Again is bad compared to my friend who got 18% at waitrose that worked out at about £1.9k
Original post by Samuel29
Got my uniform today for a job at Sainsburys and I got a Small Mens T-shirt, which is usually fine, but these come up huge and I'm pretty slim so it looks pretty ridiculous all baggy, does anyone know if they do XS mens sizes?

Don't know if they do them but good luck trying to get one. :redface:

I still haven't been given the uniform they ordered for me when I started. I am still relying on one top [which is 1 size too big and thus baggy] and a jacket [which is 2 sizes too big and looks very stupid]. No trousers or anything. They even reordered the uniforms about four months ago, but still no sign of them. Quite a lot of my colleagues are in the same situation. :frown:
Reply 8546

Lol I know what you mean! I usually wear a medium, but the shirt is massive! I also got a large too and its huge, not too sure on what sizes are available though.

HR said they'd order some more stuff in for me but apparently it takes ages to arrive so I'll have to make do :rolleyes:
I've picked up an application form for a different job but it requires that I put down a reference contact from my current job but I'm not sure what to put. Should it be the checkout manager (of which we have two), the store manager or just put HR department?
:colone:

Just tuck it in nice and tight.
Reply 8549
I got £40 bonus, which I think works out to around 1%. It's an insult to a good years work really. They may as well not bother with a bonus if that's what you get as a reward.
Original post by KatrinaLou
I've picked up an application form for a different job but it requires that I put down a reference contact from my current job but I'm not sure what to put. Should it be the checkout manager (of which we have two), the store manager or just put HR department?

put down hr :smile: a team leader told me we're not allowed to put their names down cos if we do and hr finds out theyll get the referee into trouble

Original post by FXX
I got £40 bonus, which I think works out to around 1%. It's an insult to a good years work really. They may as well not bother with a bonus if that's what you get as a reward.

thats pretty bad! i got £133 which is the same as the other 20hr/pw people despite working 30 hrs a week for half the year, pfft! i got £15 extra for doing all the bank holidays. ****ing disgraceful, i may as well just had it off!
Reply 8551
sainsburys always mess up my holiday pay, always.
Reply 8552

I've heard HR can order clothes for those people that are a little to large, so it might be transferable to the other direction.
Reply 8553
Original post by FXX

I got £130. 18 hrs p/w
Original post by Foulish
I got £130. 18 hrs p/w

lmao i got £3 more for doing 20 hours >_<
Pretty negative atmosphere yesterday. Lots of people were annoyed about the bonus. I've given up caring although I can see - on principle - why they are annoyed.

Taking on over 100 new members of staff, going on and on about this bonus and how we have to hit targets to get it, all whilst fully aware none of us will be paid it.

I can see why you would do that - good way of motivating staff, until they realise they won't be getting the money - but it isn't exactly fair and certainly is not a way to win people over.

Oh well.
I've got two weeks left to go! Woo! :biggrin:
Original post by affinity89
Pretty negative atmosphere yesterday. Lots of people were annoyed about the bonus. I've given up caring although I can see - on principle - why they are annoyed.

Taking on over 100 new members of staff, going on and on about this bonus and how we have to hit targets to get it, all whilst fully aware none of us will be paid it.

I can see why you would do that - good way of motivating staff, until they realise they won't be getting the money - but it isn't exactly fair and certainly is not a way to win people over.

Oh well.
I've got two weeks left to go! Woo! :biggrin:

5 shifts left for me :woo:
Turns out I did get a bouns, of £48 but I was taxed by £57 hence why I got less.

Why am I getting taxed all of a sudden when I wasn't a few months ago? I earn under £300 a month. Looking at my payslip here I have something like £350 due to me in a tax rebate. I keep getting told different ways of how to claim this back so could somebody help me once and for all please?

It says under year to date taxable pay £689.55 then this period £348.76, am I due the first figure or the second?

It's annoying because when your car insurance is £150 a month and you earn under £300..I'm working for £150 a month. I can't live off that so I need this tax money to have something in the bank.

Help!
Original post by inksplodge
5 shifts left for me :woo:

How many shifts do you do a week? :smile:
I feel like I handed my notice in a life time ago. But, I am sure I calculated the four week notice period correctly. :/
Reply 8559
Finished my induction weekend yesterday, the place is bloody brilliant! I mean obviously I rather not be working but the whole staff and place are brilliant.

They gave me some boots yesterday, steel toe capped ones, is that insisting that I need to wear them all the time or just for certain times? I'm doing Code Controlling?

Latest

Trending

Trending