The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCE Applied ICT Unit 7- June 2011 Exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
OK, so you have practiced but in the exam it all goes wrong.
I have made a panic guide to help.
Reply 101
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=102476&stc=1&d=1306081853

I've uploaded my complete database which my class and teachers thought was the best and simplest solution. If someone could so kind as to upload activity 1, processes, outputs, inputs, dataflow diagrams, anything that may come up I would appreciate it.

THanks
Reply 102
Humm wrong number of arguments, still something wrong....
=UCase(Left([FirstName],3) & Left([LastName],2)) & Format(DCount("[Username]","Register")+1)
can anyone take a look
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 103
For the guys that are trying to get a username generator, i'm using the following:
Left([Customer_Surname],4)+Trim(Str([Customer_ID]))

Hope this helps, also good luck to everyone who has the exam tomorrow..
Reply 104

Original post by jm33
For the guys that are trying to get a username generator, i'm using the following:
Left([Customer_Surname],4)+Trim(Str([Customer_ID]))

Hope this helps, also good luck to everyone who has the exam tomorrow..

dude read the prerelease, its 3 letters from first name and 2 from last name, how do you do that?
Reply 105
Original post by anilc
dude read the prerelease, its 3 letters from first name and 2 from last name, how do you do that?

Pre-Release:

'The generation of a unique username, which combines letters from the student's name with a sequential number that is always one more than the highest currently in use'

We do not yet know what the username should consist of...

Correct me if im wrong.
Reply 106

Ur correct but on the files, the existing usernames are 3 letters of first name and 2 of last name
Reply 107
Original post by William.D
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=102476&stc=1&d=1306081853

I've uploaded my complete database which my class and teachers thought was the best and simplest solution. If someone could so kind as to upload activity 1, processes, outputs, inputs, dataflow diagrams, anything that may come up I would appreciate it.

THanks

0.0, your going to be fine, i dont understand half of the stuff you used here...
Reply 108
Original post by jm33
0.0, your going to be fine, i dont understand half of the stuff you used here...

Ha the database stuff doesn't bother me, I'm pretty good at it. Its the writing part at the beginning I'll prob loose marks on so if anyone could help me by uploading there bits of activity 1, I'll be glad to answer any questions about my solution that you dont understand
Reply 109
Original post by William.D
Ha the database stuff doesn't bother me, I'm pretty good at it. Its the writing part at the beginning I'll prob loose marks on so if anyone could help me by uploading there bits of activity 1, I'll be glad to answer any questions about my solution that you dont understand

Lucky you, probably opposite to me.. I wish i knew access. I try to create something like yours but fail terribly. I guess tomorrow im gonna check on these forums to discuss the paper as we will all know the questions :biggrin:
Reply 110
Original post by James1992
When is everybodys first sitting for the exam?

i am sitting on 28th
Sorry guys the examination window for this exam has now opened. No discussion is allowed until the 17th June when the window closes. ANY discussion of the exam will be removed and warned appropriately.

If you have any queries regarding this, please make a thread in Ask A Moderator rather than on main forums.
Apologies for this being 3 days late, but the thread's now open and discussion can take place. Hope it went well for all :h:
Reply 113
how did the exam go for everyone? what parts did you struggle on?
Original post by box_zak1
how did the exam go for everyone? what parts did you struggle on?

Only struggled with reviews really, as once I reached there I realised my table structures and relationships must have been wrong, so I had to go back and change those :smile:
Reply 115
it went really good
not sure how it went, hope i got better than a D this time! realised tho that my code used for the unique username is wrong alwell its done now!! what you's think of it!!
Reply 117
For the username I used dmax function whim was working perfectly
Reply 118
Hey is anyone doing this exam in May 2012?
I am doing it this year. Exam is in 3 days

Quick Reply

Latest