The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by visesh
When our names go up on the list, we are immediately given our BChir, despite having our "graduation" two days later.

What happens to the medical bit? :tongue:
First written paper tomorrow afternoon. Why exactly am I on tsr?
Reply 3522
Can a mod ban me for two weeks please? I asked another mod friend of mine, but he isn't on today. OSCE tuesday, then written paper in 2 weeks. Thanks.

srs
Reply 3523
Original post by Wangers

Original post by Wangers
What happens to the medical bit? :tongue:

We get the MB at a proper degree ceremony some time in July (or whenever we want) or can get it in absentia.
Original post by Hygeia

Original post by Hygeia
Single exam on the 8th June, terrified!

Good luck :h: I'm sure you'll do amazingly well :hugs:
Reply 3525
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
Good luck :h: I'm sure you'll do amazingly well :hugs:

I'm not so sure given I can't seem to stay away from this place and also can't remember how to do any of the orthopaedic examinations :o:
Original post by Hygeia

Original post by Hygeia
I'm not so sure given I can't seem to stay away from this place and also can't remember how to do any of the orthopaedic examinations :o:

Look. Feel. Move :p:

And can you ban yourself? :holmes:
Reply 3527
Look. Feel. Move :p:

And can you ban yourself? :holmes:

I can remember that much :p:

I could, but then I'd lose all my subscribed threads and I hate doing that. I've restricted how long I can have on here per day and will halve that length of time for this coming week to try and make sure I spend more time revising but I'm too attached to this place for an outright ban (and have too many dupes to get around it with :o:)
Original post by Hygeia

Original post by Hygeia
I can remember that much :p:

I could, but then I'd lose all my subscribed threads and I hate doing that. I've restricted how long I can have on here per day and will halve that length of time for this coming week to try and make sure I spend more time revising but I'm too attached to this place for an outright ban (and have too many dupes to get around it with :o:)

So YOU were AHungryCaterpillar!!! :p:

And errm...

Look:
- Deformity
- Scars
- Swelling
- Erythema
- Muscle wasting

Feel:
- Bony landmarks
- Tenderness
- Effusion/Swelling
- Temperature

Move:
- Active
- Passive
- Resisted

.........I really need to get around to actually practising these on people :unsure:
Reply 3529
So YOU were AHungryCaterpillar!!! :p:

And errm...

Look:
- Deformity
- Scars
- Swelling
- Erythema
- Muscle wasting

Feel:
- Bony landmarks
- Tenderness
- Effusion/Swelling
- Temperature

Move:
- Active
- Passive
- Resisted

.........I really need to get around to actually practising these on people :unsure:

I don't have quite that many and they all have their individual uses :p:

Yeah, I need to remind myself how to do all the examinations and then practice them til I can do them in my sleep!
Original post by Hygeia

Original post by Hygeia
I don't have quite that many and they all have their individual uses :p:

Yeah, I need to remind myself how to do all the examinations and then practice them til I can do them in my sleep!

I examined someone's knee the other day, and was all pleased with myself that I'd done it. Five minutes later I realised I had completely forgotten to do all the ligament tests :facepalm:
Reply 3531
I once did a cardiovascular exam and didn't realise the patient was missing a leg. I just checked one leg for oedema and left sheet on where the other leg would've been. Whoops. Thankfully this was more than a couple of years ago...
I attempted to shake the patient's paralysed arm in my OSCE. Not my brightest moment :sigh:
I'm still traumatised by the old man with no pants on in my 4th year vascular station.

And in finals the knee exam patient essentially telling me I was too fat to be sitting on his foot.
Reply 3534
Original post by Helenia
I'm still traumatised by the old man with no pants on in my 4th year vascular station.

For me it was the man who had rolled over & assumed the left lateral PR position in one deft move whilst I did my spiel about 'for completion, I would also like to...' :biggrin:

& :hello: how go things?
I've just had 7 days off, don't want to go back to work tomorrow!
& am currently way too fat to be sitting on anyone's foot...damn French food/holiday feeling.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3535
Original post by crazylemon
But I wanna :frown:
I think it is just me getting fed up with any attempt to be competitive which if I do what I want now from what I can see isn't competitive...

I want to look at doing something about death & autopsy if I can...

Sorry dude I take it back, definitely do what you wanna do in life!

Hit up my personal tutor Mike Osborn, think he works in histopath at Mary's, did Autopsy lectures in yr1, a very nice and approachable guy.
Every year I leave revision quite late and cram in as I don't want to start too early and forget stuff/peak too soon. Decided to do the same this year and now I'm kinda worried I won't even finish revising everything in time for exams. :eek:

Doesn't help that I failed 2 out of 10 mock osce stations yesterday too, which means I have to spend more time going over that too. Arghh.
Revision :bawling:
Boom! One down, three to go.
I don't know why I bother sometimes. I worked really hard on a piece of work when a load of other things were happening that I would have rather been focusing on. I got it back today. No merits. What was the point?

Latest