The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
I'm personally maintaining that it's the Doctor speaking to the

Spoiler

Amy through Clone Amy. Psychic link or whatever. Though that sounds more 'out there'. Otherwise it doesn't make sense for him to say he will get and find her when she's right there in front of him.

But giving her away is another possibility which makes sense. :holmes:

I wonder what would ever make him give her away freely.

Spoiler

Original post by Insanespana
Come to think of it... (not sure if this needs a spolier or not, but just to be careful...)

Spoiler

Wasn't this just about her stunt double in the pirates episode? Or was there another mention that I've forgotten?
Reply 3062
To be honest, from a quick stalk of her Wikipedia page it doesn't look like she's done much other work that would require a stunt double. Did she even have any stunts in the pirate episode, I can't remember.

SPOOOOILER (Although possibly not true!)

I also read something earlier about River Song being Amy's daughter? It would explain that photo of her with the baby in the orphanage... I have no idea how that would work in any sort of timeline, though... but dialogue was apparently captured by someone who'd seen the filming, and RS was calling her 'mother'.
Original post by jeh_jeh
To be honest, from a quick stalk of her Wikipedia page it doesn't look like she's done much other work that would require a stunt double. Did she even have any stunts in the pirate episode, I can't remember.

SPOOOOILER (Although possibly not true!)

I also read something earlier about River Song being Amy's daughter? It would explain that photo of her with the baby in the orphanage... I have no idea how that would work in any sort of timeline, though... but dialogue was apparently captured by someone who'd seen the filming, and RS was calling her 'mother'.

I'll never believe that part in the spoiler, even if it is presented clearly in the episode with giant subititles on :frown::biggrin:
Original post by jeh_jeh

She had a stunt double for when she was supposed to swing on a rope in the fight scene.
Original post by hayheyley
She had a stunt double for when she was supposed to swing on a rope in the fight scene.

No she did that herself.

She had a stunt double for when the siren blasted her backwards.
I need to catch up on DWC :moon:
She had a stunt double when she slept with Rory.

BOOM.
Original post by cambo211
No she did that herself.

She had a stunt double for when the siren blasted her backwards.

Whoops, somehow I knew I'd get that wrong if I didn't check :colondollar: (and yet I was still too lazy)
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Found it! :smug: Look at what he says and does here. Episode 6/7 spoiler phobes don't click. :awesome: 0:46 onwards.

I don't mind theories or speculation being wrong. Speculation will always be wild and seeing things that aren't meant to be patterns. It's just the fact that we all get together and speculate - it's pretty awesome. :moon:

why is she smiling?? Is she a ganger who feels happy because of the doctor's attention?? meh....:confused:
Original post by hayheyley
Wasn't this just about her stunt double in the pirates episode? Or was there another mention that I've forgotten?

But Karen describes the double as been really tanned and I didn't think that double really was? Not sure, it just seemed the way she was speaking about the doppelgangers as doubles as if she'd had her own version. Pure speculation though...
OH! Figured it out.

Spoiler

Original post by Colonel.
OH! Figured it out.

Spoiler

That would bring in the Pirate episode nicely with the mirrors and the like. However the siren wasn't just an image really was she?
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
When the doctor asks to see the critical systems and the foreman asks which one, the doctor replies "You know which one"

Does he know which one, or was he bluffing? :holmes:

I assumed it was that he knew something was going on but not what, so was just bluffing his way in to find out.

On a random side note, I've forgotten... did we find out why Amy forgot about the existence of the Daleks? Was it just because they were sucked into a crack or something? :colondollar:
Reply 3074
Original post by Bella Occhi
I assumed it was that he knew something was going on but not what, so was just bluffing his way in to find out.

On a random side note, I've forgotten... did we find out why Amy forgot about the existence of the Daleks? Was it just because they were sucked into a crack or something? :colondollar:

I don't think it was ever mentioned, but I think it was assumed to be due to the cracks.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
But Karen describes the double as been really tanned and I didn't think that double really was? Not sure, it just seemed the way she was speaking about the doppelgangers as doubles as if she'd had her own version. Pure speculation though...

Oh right, I don't remember that bit. Interesting... :hmmm:
Reply 3076
I didn't like yesterday's episode as much as other recent ones, hoping the 2nd half will be better :sadnod:

That's less speculation & more opinion...but oh well :mmm: didn't really pay that much attention to yesterday's episode to be honest :colondollar:
Reply 3077

She also said that they "stuck a ginger wig on her [the stunt double]" because the viewer only saw the back of her. And I remember the special effects people in Confidential mentioning how in a few shots they shot the gangers from behind and used doubles to save on all the complicated camera shot things (that I don't really understand) that they'd explained earlier in the programme.
Original post by SirMasterKey
That would bring in the Pirate episode nicely with the mirrors and the like. However the siren wasn't just an image really was she?

You're right. Maybe she travels through the dimension straight after.
Original post by Gemini92
I don't think it was ever mentioned, but I think it was assumed to be due to the cracks.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

But she could remember the angels. Interesting...

How do you know that she's definitely forgotten them, anyway? Must have missed that bit :confused:

Latest

Trending

Trending