The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle Law Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jerdifferential
I know Newcastle is known for their night life but would I still be fine if I am not the sort of clubbing type?

Don't worry, there is so much to do other than going out to club in the evening. The 'Toon' as it's known, is renowned for its sports complexes, clubs, bars, pubs and culturally inclined restaurants.

Newcastle will have a grand spanking refurbished S.U in September, so all is good :wink:

You'll be fine :biggrin:
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by rachlala14
Thank you soooooo much for taking the time to write that huge big post - as well as making me smile, it answered so many of my questions about moving away! :biggrin:
I've put Newcastle as my CF and Northumbria as my CI which is really exciting and tbh, I can't wait to move away regardless of whether I get a little homesick or not..I know I'll miss good old Northern Ireland but I certainly will not miss the whole sectarian aspect that still remains here, regardless of how good things here are at the moment!
My mum has made me promise to text her and skype her at least once a week :L Sometimes I think she'll miss me more than I'll miss home! :smile: But I will miss the good old home cooking!

What is rent like in 2nd year when you move out of halls? Are you living really far from the uni?

Hi Rach,
Apologies, I rarely use TSR so my contact with you is really intermittent. If you'd like to get in touch with me via text or email, just send me a private message and I can give you advice and clarify any questions you have about halls, accommodation after halls etc, and even if you just need some support in first year. I had a friend of the family in the year above me at newcastle, and I found meeting her even just a few times a year in the library or for coffee really helped with the stress of the course.
To be perfectly honest, I have found second year at Newcastle Law very hard, to the point that I now really, genuinely regret coming, and am very angry with the law school, so I can certainly give you both sides of the coin, the good and the bad, and advice that I would have found invaluable!
Good luck =] x
Original post by emma151015
Hi Rach,
Apologies, I rarely use TSR so my contact with you is really intermittent. If you'd like to get in touch with me via text or email, just send me a private message and I can give you advice and clarify any questions you have about halls, accommodation after halls etc, and even if you just need some support in first year. I had a friend of the family in the year above me at newcastle, and I found meeting her even just a few times a year in the library or for coffee really helped with the stress of the course.
To be perfectly honest, I have found second year at Newcastle Law very hard, to the point that I now really, genuinely regret coming, and am very angry with the law school, so I can certainly give you both sides of the coin, the good and the bad, and advice that I would have found invaluable!
Good luck =] x

Hey,

Why do you find the 2nd year particularly hard compared to the first an why are you angry? Im still wondering if i should have gone with Manchester as my Firm :s
Reply 63
lol awww, all you a2 students are so cute. Word of advice, leave your egos at the door because there are 100+ people in that lecture room in there with you who can probably destroy any arguments you put out... and this will happen in seminar. It's a lot of work and law is definitely a survivial of the fittest subject. No after hour group sessions like those losers on other courses.
Original post by mirin?
lol awww, all you a2 students are so cute. Word of advice, leave your egos at the door because there are 100+ people in that lecture room in there with you who can probably destroy any arguments you put out... and this will happen in seminar. It's a lot of work and law is definitely a survivial of the fittest subject. No after hour group sessions like those losers on other courses.

seriously was that even worth posting? You came on here to make a post to shoot people down about a course they are excited to study??? Seems like you have the ego??
Reply 65
Original post by OneWordStory
seriously was that even worth posting? You came on here to make a post to shoot people down about a course they are excited to study??? Seems like you have the ego??

I have a massive ego. lol.
Original post by mirin?
I have a massive ego. lol.

can't wait to see it around the uni sometime :wink:
Original post by OneWordStory
can't wait to see it around the uni sometime :wink:

Haha, you're boosting his ego :biggrin: :wink:
Reply 68
Original post by mirin?

How patronising. It's 'cute' that you claim to have an massive ego. You aren't the professor, so stop acting like a big shot, when in reality you must be some absolute reject spending your time offering irrelevant advice which, in all fairness, was never asked of. I'de be prepaired to turn the ego down before september 'lol', don't want you getting 'destroyed'.
Reply 69
Original post by mr.cole
How patronising. It's 'cute' that you claim to have an massive ego. You aren't the professor, so stop acting like a big shot, when in reality you must be some absolute reject spending your time offering irrelevant advice which, in all fairness, was never asked of. I'de be prepaired to turn the ego down before september 'lol', don't want you getting 'destroyed'.

Woahhhhh, someones pissed on your cornflakes. I was obviously just taking the piss.

And lol, you expect to get by with spelling like that? Good lord.

Just save your face before someone rinses you.
Reply 70
Just got an offer for the PhD to start in 2012. I am very excited!!! Just waiting for other decisions but very happy to get in at Newcastle University!!!!
Reply 71
Original post by mirin?

What is this? what kind of post is this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending