The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature [Pre Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know what the named poems are likely to be for Duffy/Armitage/Pre-1914, or where I could find out?
Reply 101
Original post by blooddiamond
Does anyone know what the named poems are likely to be for Duffy/Armitage/Pre-1914, or where I could find out?

are you being serious..*smacks face*

nobody knows what they're going to be unless you're one of the people that wrote the exam.
anyhow moving away from the obvious there are 'key poems'. These are the poems that WILL appear in the exam question. they are:
>havisham
>anne hathaway
>before you were mine
>stealing

>mother any distance
>kid
>hitcher
>homecoming

>on my first sonne
>sonnet 130
>the laboratory
>my last duchess

make sure you know those and you'll be alright.
Original post by Hdizzle
are you being serious..*smacks face*

nobody knows what they're going to be unless you're one of the people that wrote the exam.
anyhow moving away from the obvious there are 'key poems'. These are the poems that WILL appear in the exam question. they are:
>havisham
>anne hathaway
>before you were mine
>stealing

>mother any distance
>kid
>hitcher
>homecoming

>on my first sonne
>sonnet 130
>the laboratory
>my last duchess

make sure you know those and you'll be alright.

Yeah thanks.
Ahh freaking out hope slim doesnt come up :s-smilie: haven't done that at all but anyone know anything about Marxism?
What? is Marxism related of OMAM?
Lol I didn't know that, my bad ;__;
Yep it does shows how the bourgeoisie are shown to be Curley, Boss whereas the proletarian class (The Outcasts) are weak in a capitalist society.
Reply 106
I AM DOING AN INSPECTOR CALLS AND OF MICE AND MEN!!!!!!!
OMAM is amazing!!!! I Love that book and I love LENNIE!!!!

We read AIC first, and i thought that was really good however when we started reading OMAM i immediatly fell in love with that book. MY literature exam is on the 10th June and i am freaking out....

can anyone give me some websites to revise from apart from bitesize
well for of mice and men i want a question on loneliness or something like that.. or danger and colours etc.. foreshadowing.. and I am doing the crucible D: dont know what to do for that one :L
Reply 108
Anyone doing OMOM and the anthology of "Sunlight on the grass" ?
Reply 109
Anyone doing OMOM and the anthology of "Sunlight on the grass" ?
Exam tomorrow :s-smilie:

I'm doing Of Mice and Men and Lord of the Flies, I don't know what all this poetry talk is about but hopefully it doesn't apply to me!

Good luck everyone!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending