The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

:smile:

Username: punctuation
Subject: Psychology & Philosophy
Grades: Not applicable since I don't know the equivalent
College: Jesus or St. John's I think.
Original post by ilovedubstep
I am :biggrin:. Well, the 7th or the 6th I can't remember. What made you choose Balliol?

Well I know someone who goes there and they say it's awsome, also I've been told it's the left wing college and seeing as one of the things that puts me off Oxford is all the rich tories (not meaning any offense to anyone :P) that appeals to me. how about you?
Original post by such_a_lady
Errr....no, but I can have a look? I'd probably enjoy most language courses, so I'm also going by uni atmosphere, size, quality etc. Where else are you thinking?

(Apart from the thought which I have right now and you probably share: I WANNA GO THERE SO MUCH x 10)

Ah well :biggrin: I'd rather not post a picture- mainly because I don't have any recent ones where you'd recognise me because I've changed my hair :rolleyes: :tongue:

I'm thinking Southampton, Bath, Bristol, Sheffield, maybe UCL... nowhere in concrete apart from Oxford :heart:, and yes we definitely share that same thought! :biggrin:
Original post by Banoffeepie16
Ah well :biggrin: I'd rather not post a picture- mainly because I don't have any recent ones where you'd recognise me because I've changed my hair :rolleyes: :tongue:

I'm thinking Southampton, Bath, Bristol, Sheffield, maybe UCL... nowhere in concrete apart from Oxford :heart:, and yes we definitely share that same thought! :biggrin:

I meant have a look online for the courses... :tongue:

I'm thinking Durham, St Andrew's, Edinburgh....and then have a lot of choice: Bath? Going to visit Kings and UCL next month :biggrin:
Original post by tgarrud
Well I know someone who goes there and they say it's awsome, also I've been told it's the left wing college and seeing as one of the things that puts me off Oxford is all the rich tories (not meaning any offense to anyone :P) that appeals to me. how about you?

Yeah because it's left wing as well. I don't really want want to go to a posh place either..
I meant have a look online for the courses... :tongue:

I'm thinking Durham, St Andrew's, Edinburgh....and then have a lot of choice: Bath? Going to visit Kings and UCL next month :biggrin:

Oh I was confused which bit you were replying to :colondollar:
Oh awesome, I need to book some :smile:
Original post by agoetcherian
But where do those ducks go in the winter?!

They still hang around in the winter :yes:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
They still hang around in the winter :yes:

I was joking :wink: it's a Catcher in the Rye reference.
Original post by agoetcherian
I was joking :wink: it's a Catcher in the Rye reference.

Ah. Haven't read it, so I didn't get it :colondollar:
Original post by ilovedubstep
Yeah because it's left wing as well. I don't really want want to go to a posh place either..

Original post by tgarrud

I've decided not to apply to Balliol because I see it as
other colleges - normal people. if you're talking about the bullingdon types i am fairly confident they're only a tiny minority
left wing college - full of crazy communists.

Boris Johnson went to Balliol anyway :dontknow:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by dnumberwang
I've decided not to apply to Balliol because I see it as
other colleges - normal people. if you're talking about the bullingdon types i am fairly confident they're only a tiny minority
left wing college - full of crazy communists.

Boris Johnson went to Balliol anyway :dontknow:

haha going to a college full of crazy communists sounds quite fun to me
Original post by tgarrud
haha going to a college full of crazy communists sounds quite fun to me

That's my plan :cool:
Don't laugh at the irony of my TSR name
Just finished all my exams! :woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo:
Now it's just a case of waiting for the results. I'm reasonably confident in most of them, but flukes happen.

Is anyone going to the Merton/maths open day on 7 July?
Original post by anyone_can_fly
Just finished all my exams! :woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo:
Now it's just a case of waiting for the results. I'm reasonably confident in most of them, but flukes happen.

What board are you doing that you've finished all your exams (lucky you)? I'm assuming that you're doing further maths (judging by your comment about the maths day thingy), yet my exams go on until the 22nd of June (I've only done 5 of 13 exams so far) :frown:
Subject: Maths
GCSEs: 6A* 3.5 As 2Bs
AS: Maths, F.Maths, Physics, Chem, Economics.
College: Undecided
Original post by dragonmeister
What board are you doing that you've finished all your exams (lucky you)? I'm assuming that you're doing further maths (judging by your comment about the maths day thingy), yet my exams go on until the 22nd of June (I've only done 5 of 13 exams so far) :frown:

The SQA - I'm in Scotland, so our exams are a bit earlier than yours. Although even out of Scottish people this is unusually early - mine were all bunched up, so my first was last Tuesday. In the Scottish system we don't have further maths. There's just one Higher (AS equivalent), and then they stuff all the pure stuff into the normal maths Advanced Higher (A2), which includes quite a lot of the English further maths syllabus. You can also do an Advanced Higher in applied maths - statistics or mechanics - which I'll be doing next year.

That was probably more than you wanted to know, sorry! Anyway, good luck in all your exams!
Two exams left! Yay! :smile:
Two exams left! Yay! :smile:

haha what the hell I have 9 exams left >.< Last one is on the Jun 22nd
Original post by dnumberwang
haha what the hell I have 9 exams left >.< Last one is on the Jun 22nd

Ohh, which exams are you doing?

I've done:

German speaking

Spanish speaking

Spanish writing/reading/listening

English Literature

Remaining:

German writing/reading/listening (tomorrow)

English Language

Ohh, which exams are you doing?

I've done:

German speaking

Spanish speaking

Spanish writing/reading/listening

English Literature

Remaining:

German writing/reading/listening (tomorrow)

English Language

Done economics unit 1,
still have General studies, Computing unit 2 and unit 1 resit - these are all joke subjects and i'm dropping computing because it's rubbish
Economics unit 2, Chemistry unit 2 and 4 maths modules :tongue: no me gusta/das gefällt mir nicht
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending