The Student Room Group

A-Levels you regretted taking.

Scroll to see replies

IT at AS - it is the most mind numbing and most boring subject ever created. It's not particularly hard - at all - but nothing is worse than spending 3 hours creating leaflets that must contain a set number of features that do nothing to enhance it whatsoever.

Also having an IT teacher that will tell us we have to go at, quote, "Lightspeed", then spend the lesson dancing to Stereo Love saying it reminded her of her holidays.... :angry:

Although it was quite amusing watching her dance the length of the IT corridor :tongue:
Original post by mir3a
maths with stats, is that a single A level?

yeah, you do C1, C2 and S1 in first year and C3, C4 and S2 in second.
physics without a doubt as i wanna do pharmacy, so all i need is chemistry , ( biology does help ofcourse ) and maths, which i am very strong at so its all good !!
Physics, its fascinating to read about it, was pretty easy for AS and I managed to get an A with little effort, but einsteins theory of special relativity is just way too much for me. What scares me is special relativity is supposed to 'easy' compared to general relativity. Its completely mind boggling that as something moves faster it gets heavier and its mass tends towards infinity!
Reply 364
Original post by Stephhcharlene
yeah, you do C1, C2 and S1 in first year and C3, C4 and S2 in second.

Oh, no I thought you meant for Maths and Stats to be one whole A-level qualification, as oppose to just Maths, which obviously has 2 other supplementary modules :smile:
Regretting taking biology :/ but now that I think about there wasn't any other subject I would have wanted to take.

Looking forward to dropping it for A2 :awesome:
Politics :frown:
Reply 367
English Lit. I found it so, so boring and I only chose it because it was one of them subjects I was good at without trying very hard. I wish I'd have taken French instead.
Original post by mir3a
Oh, no I thought you meant for Maths and Stats to be one whole A-level qualification, as oppose to just Maths, which obviously has 2 other supplementary modules :smile:

I am not sure what you mean? :P The course gives you one a-level over two years. As in it is 'math with stats' not maths as one alevel and stats as another...
Reply 369
Critical thinking :/ AS was okay :smile: A2 is not :|
Economics!!!!!! ITS AWFUL and BORING!!! AND IM USELESS AT IT!!!

And maybe english language - i enjoy it and am quite good at it but at times it can be v tedious...
Reply 371
Fine Art... Spent 5 hours painting an A4 sheet of paper today when I've got a Physics exam tomorow :z
Reply 372
Physics. Is a stupid subject. If it was a person I would get a rocket launcher and blow him up. **** YOU PHYSICS. **** YOU!
Religious Studies,not because it was difficult but because I don't like vague questions and stuff that asks me about current affairs and what not.I'm pretty clueless in that area.
bio
Reply 375
For me it has to be either art due to the work load and the fact that my teachers only criticise me and I never have any positive feedback even though I'm working at an A.
Or spanish, because for me it is quite difficult, especially compared with GCSE!!!
Chemistry.
Biology.

Good grades at GCSE do not mean you're good at the subjects... :sigh:
psychology... can't wait to drop it

didn't realise they could make the mind seem so boring
Haha tbh I wish I hasn't picked most of my subjects :s-smilie:. Media and Sociology aren't respected and not as good as I remembered them to be at GCSE, and some of the content for Psychology makes me want to die.
Motherfvcking chemistry

Quick Reply

Latest