The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5060
Paid £1.93 for a mini HDMI to HDMI cable...works perfectly. :awesome:

Amazing how some people still play so much for HDMI cables...
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by bigmo7
Paid £1.93 for a mini HDMI to HDMI cable...works perfectly. :awesome:

Amazing how some people still play so much for HDMI cables...

Of course it will. Cretins that say "ZOMG you get what you pay for"... they just make themselves look stupid. A digital signal is either a 1 or a 0. It's that simple. You'd have to have an appalling SNR on the line to get bits in error.
Reply 5062
Original post by Mad Vlad
Of course it will. Cretins that say "ZOMG you get what you pay for"... they just make themselves look stupid. A digital signal is either a 1 or a 0. It's that simple. You'd have to have an appalling SNR on the line to get bits in error.

When you put it like that it's pretty obvious but I still think about it like paying £2 will mean I'll end up buying loads in the long term because they end up with weird problems...having said that the one I bought for my PS3 has been working for 4 years now without a hitch. Also compare this that I bought for my ASUS transformer to the equivalent that you'd have to pay to hook up an iPad to a TV and then it's kinda scary. Theirs costs £35! :sigh:
Anyone on here using a HD2 with android on it?

Are there any noticeable differences compared to the Desire HD?
Original post by G8D
I am :smile:

You can happily run Vanilla Android or a Desire ROM on it and it runs well.
Bit iffy when you try to run the DHD/DZ/Sensation ROMs as they don't actually fit on the phone... you need to run some from SD card and it's slow as sin.

I love my HD2 but it's really only good if you want Vanilla/earlier Sense/MUIU ROMs.

Which tbf, is what 99% of people actually need. Unless you're gaming or doing some serious business, you don't need any more power than that really. Whack Launcher Pro on it and you're on to a winner! :biggrin:
Original post by G8D
Apparently I can upgrade soon. Not sure if I should stick with my HD2 or sell it (so soon) and get something better :beard:

Well, you can get the Desire S at a bloody reasonable price these days. It's a lovely phone, not too large (I had the Optimus 2X for a bit, 4" was too big, the DHD is also a monster), runs everything I've thrown at it fine. Unless you want a video PMP, everything else is currently too powerful. Only real downside is that you need an XTC clip to root it which is like £100, but the one time (or PAYG) use clip will be £25 when it's out in the next few weeks. That's the same for all new HTC phones. I just pray that the Desire S gets an official Ice Cream release!!!

Of course, for root access and custom ROMs, you could go either Samsung or new Sony Ericsson handsets. SE's rather surprised me there, but hell, why not? I played with the Arc - it is very nice tbh. Again, a little large for me, but it's profile does help a little.

Sure, you could get a Sensation / Galaxy S2, depends how much you're willing to spend really! :wink:
Reply 5066
htc desire hd all the wayyyyyyyyy
Original post by bjparmar
htc desire hd all the wayyyyyyyyy

It's just getting a little too old now for someone wanting a 24 month contract. I know the Desire S is very similar, but you'd get them for different reason.
Original post by G8D
HD2 is 4.3 inch and it's a great size for my massive hands :p:

I could just see this contract out (Sept) and go on a rolling contract until something really takes my fancy. Then either take out a new contract or buy it handset only/from eBay.

I really like the Sensation and the SGS2 but if it actually costs that much to root new HTCs then they can **** off (though Sense 3.0 is :love:)

THIS IS TOO HARD

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1075703 :colone:
The Galaxy S2 - god that's a sexy phone.
Original post by G8D
I'm bored. I may just nandroid my **** and try it out.

First ROM I ran was DHD and it was nice but slow, I'll see how this goes.

Curse HTC for giving the American T-Mobile version double the ROM :shakecane:

:mad:

I did not know that... Have fun! :biggrin:
Original post by G8D
Partition issues.

****ed up my first EXT partition time ago (with my Hero), it worked for App2SD but didn't with the HD2 :frown:
So now I have this:

How do I re-join all these into one FAT32 partition ready to be re-partitioned? I really need the extra space.
(Will take this to the Tech Soc in a mo :wink: )

I use GParted for partitioning SD cards. I can't remember if it can do what you want non-destructively though.
Original post by G8D
Non-destructively as in formatting?

I don't care. I can nandroid the EXT partition and I'm already backing everything up onto my PC.

Is Gparted an app or do you load it from boot, I can't remember.

EDIT: Nvm, it's a liveCD. Will look into it.

GParted is a really good shout. I'd highly recommend it to every one in IT whatsoever. :smile:
Original post by G8D
Stupid question probably: does it recognise SDcard in USB adapters? On my old Laptop I tried it and it didn't work :/

http://gparted.sourceforge.net/

It looks like it. :smile: Not a stupid question though.
did i just seen an orange moto atrix advert on TV?
Original post by ?!master?!mini?!
did i just seen an orange moto atrix advert on TV?

More than likely.
Original post by G8D
Non-destructively as in formatting?

I don't care. I can nandroid the EXT partition and I'm already backing everything up onto my PC.

Non-destructively as in maintaining the data (sometimes it can for just moving around partitions).

Original post by G8D
Stupid question probably: does it recognise SDcard in USB adapters? On my old Laptop I tried it and it didn't work :/

It's always worked using USB adapters for me, but I think it will depend on whether or not the drivers it includes on the LiveCD are compatible with your USB adapter / controller / motherboard / etc.
Original post by G8D
So I will lose everything (potentially)?
You don't mean literally destroying my SD card or parts of its storage?

No, sorry, I just mean the data, it will still be perfectly usable once you've repartitioned it the way you want. :smile:
Original post by G8D
Um... It wont let me do anything in Gparted.. if I right click on the unallocated sector everything is greyed out.

Is there ANYTHING I can do with this?

That's weird. Have you got another USB adapter to try and/or another MicroSD card to see if it's the adapter which isn't supported or something to do with the card itself?

Latest

Trending

Trending