The Student Room Group

PHYA1 - Physics Unit 1 Exam - 24th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I hope I have got an A after all the revision I put into it. :frown:
Reply 81
Original post by seanjagger
the 6 mark question? i have a feeling it may be on energy levels and photon emmision, anyone else got different opinions?

Your feeling was correct good sir! haha Do you do A-level geography per chance? :biggrin:
Reply 82
It was 1.333 A for the 2nd to last question and 2 volts for the last question. I put 0.67 A though, lol.

The 3rd part of the first question was retarded: "state the characteristics of the strange particle", I wrote that it has strangeness.

What did you guys get for the internal resistance? It was 0.4.. something but I put 1.48 :/

That was HARD paper, the grade boundaries will probably be lower. Anyone who says it was easy is purely bull****ting to look clever, or is actually extremely clever.
Reply 83
Original post by beelz
What did people get for the electricity questions?
I got 1.33 Amps for the current through that resistor, and then 2 Volts across that resistor in parallel (with another resistor beside it), is that what other people got?

I got 0.1333A for the resistor I think.
Reply 84
Original post by Naum
It was 1.333 A for the 2nd to last question and 2 volts for the last question. I put 0.67 A though, lol.

The 3rd part of the first question was retarded: "state the characteristics of the strange particle", I wrote that it has strangeness.

What did you guys get for the internal resistance? It was 0.4.. something but I put 1.48 :/

For internal resistance I put 0.4, I took the gradient from the wierd graph.

I said it had a stangeness of -1.
Original post by Naum

Thank God!! I thought i'd got that wrong! I put like four different answers and scribbled them out xD
Reply 86
Can anyone put up a question paper if possible? I think I got 65/70
Reply 87
What lines did people draw on the graph? For negligible resistance i drew y=1.52(emf), for twice the resistance i doubled the gradient so got a line twice as steep...I had no idea! haha
Reply 88
Original post by Naum

That was HARD paper, the grade boundaries will probably be lower. Anyone who says it was easy is purely bull****ting to look clever, or is actually extremely clever.

I got 0.45 for internal resistance and for the strange particle question I said that it contains a strange quark :redface:
Reply 89
Original post by hwalker37
What lines did people draw on the graph? For negligible resistance i drew y=1.52(emf), for twice the resistance i doubled the gradient so got a line twice as steep...I had no idea! haha

Yeah that's right.
Reply 90
Original post by beelz
Yeah that's right.

Aha the gods were with me then :biggrin:
Original post by hwalker37

lol I did exactly the same, but i too had no idea! xD

I guess if two of us did it then it might be right (crosses fingers)
Reply 92
how much was the draw a line for negligble resistance worth i missed it out :frown:
Reply 93
Original post by Gijoe123
how much was the draw a line for negligble resistance worth i missed it out :frown:

2 marks I think, wouldn't worry about it anyhow :smile:
Reply 94
Original post by Gijoe123

1 mark I believe, I drew it as a horizontal line because it means r=0, so the gradient must be zero.
Reply 95
i knew the answer but i didnt see the question argghhhh
Reply 96
i found that paper so hard the electricity at the end :confused: and that six mark question. i wrote stuff down but i doubt i'll get anywhere near 6 marks for it !

what was I doing wrong on the last question i couldn't get the total resistance to match the resistance of each resistor ?
Reply 97
Original post by beelz
What did people get for the electricity questions?
I got 1.33 Amps for the current through that resistor, and then 2 Volts across that resistor in parallel (with another resistor beside it), is that what other people got?

For the last one I got 5 V how did you work it out I did

R1
R1+R2

so 3/6 x 10 = 5
Reply 98
Let W,X,Y,Z have resistance R. The resistance of the parallel combination is
1/Rt=1/2R+1/R (2R because there are 2 in series)
-> Rt=2R/3

The resistance of the parallel combination added in series to resistance Z is
2R/3+R=5R/3
The resistance of the circuit was found as 5 ohms in part a), so 5R/3=5
R=3 ohms.
Reply 99
Original post by melon 314
i found that paper so hard the electricity at the end :confused: and that six mark question. i wrote stuff down but i doubt i'll get anywhere near 6 marks for it !

what was I doing wrong on the last question i couldn't get the total resistance to match the resistance of each resistor ?

The resistance in the parallel reistors was (1/[3+3])+(1/3)=1/R . This gave R=2. You then add this value to the other resistor in the circuit (beacuse it's in series) giving you a total resistance of 5, which you worked out before :smile: The electricity on the last page was hard though:mad: haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending