The Student Room Group

PHYA1 - Physics Unit 1 Exam - 24th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
for the terminal pd as it decrese and curent increase , i reffered to the equations V=W/Q and I=Q/t
Reply 221
Original post by buzza786
for the terminal pd as it decrese and curent increase , i reffered to the equations V=W/Q and I=Q/t

That should probably be fine :smile:
Reply 222
Original post by Naum
Yup, you can shut up now.

Couldn't think of a proper comeback eh! Oh well... :rolleyes:
Reply 223
Original post by Naum
That should probably be fine :smile:

woohhhoo. atleast ive gt a mark
Reply 224
Unofficial mark scheme anyone. Seriously need to nail Mechanics!!!
Reply 225
Original post by ciarangc
Unofficial mark scheme anyone. Seriously need to nail Mechanics!!!

Same. I've got a weeks revision time for mechanics so I'm not too fussed.
Reply 226
im such an idiot man , when it sed calucltae r , i didnt know it was the gradient , i did it the long way , E= IR+Ir, i could have saved soo much time
Reply 227
Original post by Limitless
Couldn't think of a proper comeback eh! Oh well... :rolleyes:

What do you mean comeback lol? I'm not here to have a verbal war with you or anything, calm down.
Reply 228
I really think the mark boundries will be quite low. Does anyone thing ill get any marks for this. This is for the calculating the internal resistance "So for some reason i used 1.5 as the emf (1 mark lost) and again for some reason i calculated the lost volts as :1.5v-1.4V = 0.1V. I then read this value off the graph and I got A Current value of 0.3. R=V/I so R=0.1/0.3 so i got an answer around 0.33 ohms, will i get anything?
Original post by TimetoSucceed
what was the gradient for on the graph? =/ i probably fukd up big time

I'm almost definite it was 0.45 ohms.

I had (1.52-0.09)/3.20 = 0.45 :smile:
Reply 230
Original post by Limitless
Depends on the grade I get in August. If it is a B I'm requesting a remark. I asked for my paper back for the Jan11 paper there are like 6 marks the examiner never gave me and with those 6 I could have moved from a C to an A. I can't get a remark for that paper now I'm well pissed off.

This.

In jan i got my paper back, about 5 marks marked very very harshly, but by then you cant get it remarked.

They should be more carefully moderated, especially when theres four marks between whole grades.
Reply 231
I knoiw, you are right. But will i get anything for my answer?? :smile:
For the charge/mass ratio... I did

2 x 1.60x10^-19 (electron charge)/ 4 x 1.67x10-27 (mass of nucleons)

which gave me 4.8x10^7, I think.
fuk my life, effort and no reward, whats the point?
Reply 234
Original post by tuckaa
This.

In jan i got my paper back, about 5 marks marked very very harshly, but by then you cant get it remarked.

They should be more carefully moderated, especially when theres four marks between whole grades.

I know. There shouldn't be a need to remark. They should just mark it properly the first time. Then we have to pay for the remark ourselves yes you may get refunded if you go up a grade in that paper but what if you go up by a few marks and your overall grade increases. You have to pay for the remark and get no refund.

Original post by Naum
What do you mean comeback lol? I'm not here to have a verbal war with you or anything, calm down.

So calling me a dumbass was just friendly talk?
when you retake in jan when do you get your results? and you can't remark?
Reply 236
I really think the mark boundries will be quite low. Does anyone thing ill get any marks for this. This is for the calculating the internal resistance "So for some reason i used 1.5 as the emf (1 mark lost) and again for some reason i calculated the lost volts as :1.5v-1.4V = 0.1V. I then read this value off the graph and I got A Current value of 0.3. R=V/I so R=0.1/0.3 so i got an answer around 0.33 ohms, will i get anything?
Reply 237
I am mixed now. I have got what some of Y'all are saying, just made silly mistakes.

I PRAY the grade bounaries are low.

Hopefully about 53 - 50.
Original post by Brasileira

Think I got this too.

I think I may have lost a mark on the one about terminal p.d., didn't explain it very well.

Also, on the question on the back about calculating the energy dissipated per second (or whatever it was), what did everyone get? Was I right to calculate power, P = I^2r, using the internal resistance r?
Original post by Brasileira

thats exactly what i done :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending