The Student Room Group

PHYA1 - Physics Unit 1 Exam - 24th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OpTic Predator
You cannot retake this exam. If you fail you fail; no two ways about it.

You messed up.

wrong.

have friends who re-took in january [upper year]
Original post by lack_of_knowledge
how did everyone get 1.3 A for the second last one. I got 0.67 A because when the current comes at the junction 1/3 goes to where there is more resistance and 2/3 where there is less resistance cause current always goes to where there is less resistance. Also the top bit of the parallel and the bottom bit were in the ratio 2:1.

Yes so 2/3 =2/3
2/3 x 2 = 4/3
4/4=1.33..
I just put down 1.3 (2.s.f)
Original post by TimetoSucceed
wrong.

have friends who re-took in january [upper year]

he's just trollllliiinn'
Original post by MyNeighbourTotoro
Oh? how come you're not allowed to resit?

Of course you can re-sit - if you look at said persons other posts, you will find some pretty mad responses, haha!

You are able to re-take this exam next January and even the following May, if necessary, so no need to worry. :wink:
Reply 264
Original post by Brasileira
he's just trollllliiinn'

Doing a good job in my eyes though haha
Original post by Dizzy in my Head
Of course you can re-sit - if you look at said persons other posts, you will find some pretty mad responses, haha!

You are able to re-take this exam next January and even the following May, if necessary, so no need to worry. :wink:

Thank you :smile: was really worried then.

At least i can resit it next year if i get a U then :biggrin:
plan now is to work hard this half term fo unit 2, retake unit 1 in jan. problem is i might end up getting b/c in physics and uni will require an A which i know ill get by the end of A2 but they obviously wont give me an offer
Ill post it again because i urgently need to know.

On the page with the question about the feynman diagram i think i didn't see the question about naming the interaction. was there any other questions on that page?
Original post by IcedTea&PotNoodle
Ill post it again because i urgently need to know.

On the page with the question about the feynman diagram i think i didn't see the question about naming the interaction. was there any other questions on that page?

the question about naming the interaction was on the left hand page. the feynman diagram was on the right hand one with no other questions... i highly doubt you could have missed the whole of the left hand page :smile:
Original post by rub em out
the question about naming the interaction was on the left hand page. the feynman diagram was on the right hand one with no other questions... i highly doubt you could have missed the whole of the left hand page :smile:

Can you give me some other examples please as i think i may have done without realising? Unless that was the question where i wrote weak interaction instead of electron capture? Thank you.
Original post by MyNeighbourTotoro
Thank you :smile: was really worried then.

At least i can resit it next year if i get a U then :biggrin:

Wel, to be honest, I found that so so so many people found the last question on electricity hard, tha the examiners will see this and make it so the UMS marks higher - so even if you got the question right, everyone gets shifter up a little (hopefully - just spectualting). I.e. Grade boundries are lower.

Please, please take pity on the lowly, AQA! :bawling:
Reply 271
what was the peak to peak voltage of that ac source?
Original post by Lucy149
what was the peak to peak voltage of that ac source?

Um, I think I got four volts? (Eight divisions, each one 0.5V...) :wink:
Reply 273
Original post by IcedTea&PotNoodle
Can you give me some other examples please as i think i may have done without realising? Unless that was the question where i wrote weak interaction instead of electron capture? Thank you.

It was alpha decay, electron capture, where did the electron come from etc.
Original post by fGDu
It was alpha decay, electron capture, where did the electron come from etc.

Thank you very much, i did those, it was positron decay though? and i put weak interaction instead of electron capture for some idiotic reason.
Reply 275

i put 2V because surely it is just where the top of that line was from the 'zero' line because that is where all the beaks would be? top to bottom would surely be 4V but measuring peak to trough? :/ i'm probably wrong though!

oh **** did they ask for peak to peak or peak voltage?

i thought they asked for peak and i wrote 2v, then used that for rms on the next page

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Original post by TimetoSucceed
oh **** did they ask for peak to peak or peak voltage?

i thought they asked for peak and i wrote 2v, then used that for rms on the next page

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

You'll probably get carry on marks though I think?

I'm hoping that the A boundary is about 50/70 then I think I might just scrape an A :smile:

peak to peak voltage was 4v
rms value was 2/root 2 which is root 2
it was electron capture

and on the page with the beta decay i put the top one A-4 and Z-2 (can't remember which way around the A and Z goes lol) The new proton number was 18 which is that of Argon.
Reply 278
Are your exam officers allowed to give you the paper or a photocopy? Or is there some sort of rule? :confused: If not may go and get it :colone:
Reply 279
6 Mark question???

Quick Reply

Latest