The Student Room Group

A2 Edexcel 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by INeedToRevise
Ooh ok. I guess you could just make it up in the exam. They are never gonna know.

Yeah you can easily make it up, and the article summaries and content analysis too, but you just have to mak sure you don't contradict yourself lol
Original post by lozzyhickers
Yeah you can easily make it up, and the article summaries and content analysis too, but you just have to mak sure you don't contradict yourself lol

Yup :smile: One less thing to remember haha.

Hows revision going? I've surprised myself and have actually done some revision for psych haha.
Yup :smile: One less thing to remember haha.

Hows revision going? I've surprised myself and have actually done some revision for psych haha.

Not bad thank you, I've done a bit more than I anticipated too!
Other than EIP, there isn't much I have to know now, I'm just going over a few minor studies for evaluations.

There's not long now!
Not bad thank you, I've done a bit more than I anticipated too!
Other than EIP, there isn't much I have to know now, I'm just going over a few minor studies for evaluations.

There's not long now!

Cool. I haven't done a lot :frown: Haven't done anything for Issues&Debates or even Clinical tbh. Been over some of child and criminal. I think I'm going to have to cram :frown:
Cool. I haven't done a lot :frown: Haven't done anything for Issues&Debates or even Clinical tbh. Been over some of child and criminal. I think I'm going to have to cram :frown:

I'm sure you'll do great! :biggrin:
Cramming works quite well with me for Psych, I had to do it to remember Gottesman and Shields last year, and it's been the only way to get it stuck in my head! And it worked!
I'm sure you'll do great! :biggrin:
Cramming works quite well with me for Psych, I had to do it to remember Gottesman and Shields last year, and it's been the only way to get it stuck in my head! And it worked!

Thanks. I hope so. I'm sure you will as well :smile:
I haven't even finished my notes for Issues and Debates :eek:
I really hate Edexcel and their extremely vague mark schemes. My teacher said that the people who mark our papers don't even know psychology. So when we make any valid points, they don't mark us.
(edited 12 years ago)
Thanks. I hope so. I'm sure you will as well :smile:
I haven't even finished my notes for Issues and Debates :eek:
I really hate Edexcel and their extremely vague mark schemes. My teacher said that the people who mark our papers aren't even psychologists.

Me either tbh, my teacher is really bugging me! He went over it just once, and that's it. And the one day we really needed him to explain everything, he was ill. The one day of the year!

Yeah he's telling the truth, they could be Geography teachers for all I know. My media teacher has even marked them one year! I think that's why the mark schemes are so vague.
Me either tbh, my teacher is really bugging me! He went over it just once, and that's it. And the one day we really needed him to explain everything, he was ill. The one day of the year!

Yeah he's telling the truth, they could be Geography teachers for all I know. My media teacher has even marked them one year! I think that's why the mark schemes are so vague.

Its so dumb tbh. You could make any valid point and because they don't know any psychology, they don't even give us the mark. And tbh you can't even revise from the mark schemes because this spec is new so there aren't many at all. Not to mention we don't even have access to any.
(edited 12 years ago)
Its so dumb tbh. You could make any valid point and because they don't know any psychology, they don't even give us the mark. And tbh you can't even revise from the mark schemes because this spec is new so there aren't many at all. Not to mention we don't even have access to any.

I know! there's like 3/4 past papers for UNIT 3 but only 1 for Issues and Debates? It sucks!

I love how on the mark scheme there's always a list of points of which yu can earn marks for and then at the end it says "any other valid point". But knowing my luck, if I made a 'valid point' it would be a Psych teacher marking it so they'd know it was false :angry:
I know! there's like 3/4 past papers for UNIT 3 but only 1 for Issues and Debates? It sucks!

I love how on the mark scheme there's always a list of points of which yu can earn marks for and then at the end it says "any other valid point". But knowing my luck, if I made a 'valid point' it would be a Psych teacher marking it so they'd know it was false :angry:

If you have a psychology teacher marking it then you would be better of tbh.
My teacher was like any other teacher who isn't marking it ignore the 'valid point' bit because they don't know the difference between a valid point and an invalid point and don't award you any marks.

My whole class did Social&Cognitive again in January and we put so much detail in our answers, we all wrote at an A2 standard and the highest grade was a B. It doesn't make sense. I really thought I would get an A :frown: I wrote so much...
If you have a psychology teacher marking it then you would be better of tbh.
My teacher was like any other teacher who isn't marking it ignore the 'valid point' bit because they don't know the difference between a valid point and an invalid point and don't award you any marks.

My whole class did Social&Cognitive again in January and we put so much detail in our answers, we all wrote at an A2 standard and the highest grade was a B. It doesn't make sense. I really thought I would get an A :frown: I wrote so much...

It's really not fair, it should have to be Psych teachers marking it imo. People would probably do much better!

Oh dear, but seriously, a B isn't bad! I only got a B overall, I was 2 marks off an A, and you could have been too! It's definetly possible to bump it up to an A this year, if not, then it's not the end of the world :smile: A B is perfectly respectible :hugs:
It's really not fair, it should have to be Psych teachers marking it imo. People would probably do much better!

Oh dear, but seriously, a B isn't bad! I only got a B overall, I was 2 marks off an A, and you could have been too! It's definetly possible to bump it up to an A this year, if not, then it's not the end of the world :smile: A B is perfectly respectible :hugs:

Yeah I know right. I do chemistry and I'm pretty sure only people who know chemistry mark the scripts. I think they think psychology is a subject thats really easy to mark and anyone can do it, but thats not the case.

Yeah, I was happy its just I thought I would get an A. So was a bit sad when I saw the B. Yeah my overall grade for AS is a B, literally 1 mark off an A. I just need to try and pull it up to an A this year. I need an A for my firm. But yeah, we can do this :smile: I'm gonna stop being so negative lol. :biggrin:
Yeah I know right. I do chemistry and I'm pretty sure only people who know chemistry mark the scripts. I think they think psychology is a subject thats really easy to mark and anyone can do it, but thats not the case.

Yeah, I was happy its just I thought I would get an A. So was a bit sad when I saw the B. Yeah my overall grade for AS is a B, literally 1 mark off an A. I just need to try and pull it up to an A this year. I need an A for my firm. But yeah, we can do this :smile: I'm gonna stop being so negative lol. :biggrin:

Yup. Tell me if i'm wrong, but I think than Chemistry would actually be easier to mark, as there are obvious right and wrong answers? Whereas in Psych the possibilities are endless!

I had the same last year with Media Studies (which is way harder than people think btw), I was expected to get an A, but got a B. But luckily I got an A in the retake! 1 mark!! That's gutting, but shouldn't be a problem getting it up to an A this year :biggrin:
Yup. Tell me if i'm wrong, but I think than Chemistry would actually be easier to mark, as there are obvious right and wrong answers? Whereas in Psych the possibilities are endless!

I had the same last year with Media Studies (which is way harder than people think btw), I was expected to get an A, but got a B. But luckily I got an A in the retake! 1 mark!! That's gutting, but shouldn't be a problem getting it up to an A this year :biggrin:

Yeah lol thats true. It is pretty much right or wrong answers.
Yeah, its annoying isn't it?! When your expected and expecting to get an A and then you get a B.
Btw, do you have any actual past papers with mark schemes? Would you be able to email them to me if I pm'd you my email? :smile:
Yeah lol thats true. It is pretty much right or wrong answers.
Yeah, its annoying isn't it?! When your expected and expecting to get an A and then you get a B.
Btw, do you have any actual past papers with mark schemes? Would you be able to email them to me if I pm'd you my email? :smile:

My teacher sent me some mark schemes today that I think go with the past papers I previously posted. I'd be happy to email them to you
My teacher sent me some mark schemes today that I think go with the past papers I previously posted. I'd be happy to email them to you

Omd Thanks a lot :smile: I'l pm you my email
Omd Thanks a lot :smile: I'l pm you my email

By the way, you may already know this, but I have a tip for you!

When you're doing your exam, ask for another piece of paper, even if you don't write answers on it,just doodle/scribble/use it as plan paper. That way, the chief examiner has to mark it, as it won't go through the scanners. So they can mark your other 'valid points' correctly, and mark other points that the other examiners might not know about!
By the way, you may already know this, but I have a tip for you!

When you're doing your exam, ask for another piece of paper, even if you don't write answers on it,just doodle/scribble/use it as plan paper. That way, the chief examiner has to mark it, as it won't go through the scanners. So they can mark your other 'valid points' correctly, and mark other points that the other examiners might not know about!

I didnt know that :redface: So additional pieces of paper go to the chief examiner?? And they have a look at it?? I thought they just get attached to your exam paper and sent off.
Thanks for the tip :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
I didnt know that :redface: So additional pieces of paper go to the chief examiner?? And they have a look at it?? I thought they just get attached to your exam paper and sent off.
Thanks for the tip :smile:

They get attached to your paper and sent off yes, but then they send all of it to a chief examiner :biggrin:
They get attached to your paper and sent off yes, but then they send all of it to a chief examiner :biggrin:

So do they do that to all the papers? Or just the ones who have used additional paper? Lol sorry for all the questions. I had no idea.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending