The Student Room Group

PHYA1 - Physics Unit 1 Exam - 24th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by swert

Original post by swert
hey what did everyone get for the specif charge question i was so baffled

You just had to do charge divided by mass.. i fink i got in and around 4.79x10-7 Ckg-1.. wbu
Original post by maths134
isa are marked harshly because of how people do. So 35/50 could be a D/best a C. So its likely to be around 42 ums, if u do get 80 ums and then 120 then its an A. But its looking unlikely because 80 ums seems optimistic for ur raw score.

why does it seem optimistic? =/
Original post by Msd27

I would never have thought of that.. great im completely screwed.. yr like a physics genesis
Reply 423
Original post by Tyrone-C
I calculated my internal resistance to be 0.448 ohms I left my answer to 3 significant figures, do you think i could get full marks for this?

I did this, but by calculation, not using the gradient. I took emf as 1.52 from the graph. Then a value for V and I from the graph, did V/I to get R. Then used emf=IR+Ir, is this still full marks?
Reply 424
Original post by Smilie 101
I would never have thought of that.. great im completely screwed.. yr like a physics genesis

you would have done fine plenty of other marks to be picked up! :biggrin:
Is anyone aware if AQA mark down for significant figures?
Hows revision going 4 physics unit 2.. :s-smilie:
Original post by Msd27

Original post by Msd27
you would have done fine plenty of other marks to be picked up! :biggrin:

Im glad some1 finks so.. idk now.. ill just have 2 wrk harder 4 nxt 1 jst in case.. :frown:
Hows revision going 4 physics unit 2.. :s-smilie:

I haven't touched it lol

Just planning on not seeing sunlight during half-term
Questions I can remember:
1. Proton , Neutron
2. The second equation can't happen -lepton number not conserved
3 X is a baryon as a to conserve baryon number
4. Specific charge was 4.79x10^7 Ckg-1
5. 6 marker on excitation of atoms
6. Ionisation is min energy required to remove electron from atom in a gaseous state
7. Internal resistance was 0.488ohms
8. Power was 0.355W
9. 5ohms was total resistance
10. Proof that resistors were 3
11. 1.33A
12. 2V
13 emf=1.52V
14. Neutrino needed to preserve lepton number
15. Electron capture

Any more?
Original post by Notsocleverstudent

Is anyone aware if AQA mark down for significant figures?

Well i no ma teacher always go's on about how he cant give us the marks cause we didnt give the answer to the correct num of sig fig.. so yea i fink they do....??
Well i no ma teacher always go's on about how he cant give us the marks cause we didnt give the answer to the correct num of sig fig.. so yea i fink they do....??

It stated in the mark scheme that significant figures is tested once and is tested for a question where the data is given. So your answer has to be to the same significant figures to the data so if i didn't have the correct s.f for a question which data wasn't given then surely marks can't be dropped?:confused:

like yr method.. ive got a full week b4 physics so planning to wrk flat out.. do u's not have study leave...??

Well den u prob got da mrk
I thought I did pretty well until I came on here and saw all the correct answers

I got all of the maths right, it's just the damned explanation questions
Reply 435
for the quality of a strangeness i put: "a strance particle has a non-zero value for strangeness"
Reply 436
surprised no ones put the paper up !
Reply 437
Original post by Alex J
for the quality of a strangeness i put: "a strance particle has a non-zero value for strangeness"

wow my spelling was a fail in that sentence.. thank god i dont do english lol.
I said a strange particle contains a strange quark :/
Reply 439
didn't you have to prove resistance was 5?
as it was
1/(1/3 +1/6) +3
is 5 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest