The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

First written paper down, 2 to go. Was quite painful - the extended matching questions were just ridiculous.
Original post by Lantana
I don't know why I bother sometimes. I worked really hard on a piece of work when a load of other things were happening that I would have rather been focusing on. I got it back today. No merits. What was the point?

Know the feeling. Got a satisfactory instead of an excellent for a Professional Development assessment because...... I didn't smile enough. The rest of the report about me was glowing. That was the only thing she could find to fault. TBH, she wasn't a smiley person herself. Not really one you felt you could relax around, especially in the knowledge she was going to be PPD judgeing us. She was either teaching us so I was concentrating to keep up, seeing patients in front of us (it's not really appropriate to smile at hideous, disfiguring acne or widespread ezcema), or telling us to work harder. What in the hell do you have to do to get an excellent?!
These things are sent to try us. At least it's a pass.
I don't even know why i'm bothering to revise for this exam, I'm blatantly going to ace it anyway. I feel sorry for the rest of you guys though, i forget others have such limitations.
Original post by Isometrix
I don't even know why i'm bothering to revise for this exam, I'm blatantly going to ace it anyway. I feel sorry for the rest of you guys though, i forget others have such limitations.

You've even got humility covered too :wink:
spent the last 10 minutes learning the words to modern major general...very important stuff...
Reply 3545
Original post by Helenia

Original post by Helenia
I'm still traumatised by the old man with no pants on in my 4th year vascular station.

And in finals the knee exam patient essentially telling me I was too fat to be sitting on his foot.

Did he have a popliteal aneurysm? :p:
Original post by visesh
Did he have a popliteal aneurysm? :p:

I felt a AAA today, actually knew what I was doing this time, isn't it joyous when that happens?
Reply 3547
Original post by Wangers

Original post by Wangers
I felt a AAA today, actually knew what I was doing this time, isn't it joyous when that happens?

Don't poke it too hard... (and yes!)
Original post by Isometrix

There's a guy in my flat who actually speaks like this :frown:

He's actually a nice bloke usually as well.
Original post by Mushi_master
Everyone said the same about paper 2 last year, so don't worry about it! People still managed to pass. Hope the other papers weren't so traumatic.

It went rather well I reckon, can't think of that many things I could have lost too many marks on. Probably said a couple of stupid things due to nerves and in hindsight there were things I could have done better - but that's the nature of OSCEs I suppose.

Fingers crossed! Ah yep I suppose that's just what OSCEs are like, I'm sure you did well. Good luck for the written papers :smile:
Original post by billet-doux
Fingers crossed! Ah yep I suppose that's just what OSCEs are like, I'm sure you did well. Good luck for the written papers :smile:

Yesterday's paper was ming! All 25 extended matching questions were just a fail. Here's hoping the other two are a little better (neuro and genetics/infections so I doubt it!). Feeling good now it's all done with?
Todays paper was disgusting :frown:

I'm pretty sure they designed that with the pure intention to fail half our year. They asked the most bull**** stuff. Five marks on water content in the body (a single lecture) and about three marks worth on immunology (about a weeks worth of lectures).

To make it just a little better, I've now got an email saying I have to submit a referenced 2k word essay by the 31st. My exams don't even finish till the 27th. I've just sent them an email politely telling them to **** off and that it'll be submitted by the resit board as the time frame given is completely unreasonable. The essays required for the same SSC in February were given almost two weeks of bog standard lecture (no exams) to finish it in. I asked them for titles about two weeks ago when I found out I needed to do one.

Tossers.
Original post by RollerBall

I'm pretty sure they designed that with the pure intention to fail half our year. They asked the most bull**** stuff. Five marks on water content in the body (a single lecture) and about three marks worth on immunology (about a weeks worth of lectures).

To make it just a little better, I've now got an email saying I have to submit a referenced 2k word essay by the 31st. My exams don't even finish till the 27th. I've just sent them an email politely telling them to **** off and that it'll be submitted by the resit board as the time frame given is completely unreasonable. The essays required for the same SSC in February were given almost two weeks of bog standard lecture (no exams) to finish it in. I asked them for titles about two weeks ago when I found out I needed to do one.

Tossers.

Have some rep sympathy
My exams are tomorrow and Thursday and the work I've put in will almost certainly not yield much. I await reams of obscure and bizarre questions for which revision is nigh on impossible to target.
I wish I could get my exams out the way now. Still got 13 days before we start.
Reply 3555
2 weeks to go til finals :afraid:
Reply 3556
Original post by Wangers
Your avater is broken.

lol, I cannot describe how much I don't care right now.
Reply 3557
First year finished OH ****ING YESS!!!!

Summer starts NOW!!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3558
Original post by RollerBall

Tossers.

did you fail the first essay or something? 4 days is harsh. here you get a week. except if you fail more than 1 essay you have to do them all in the week..
Reply 3559
Original post by felt_monkey
I wish I could get my exams out the way now. Still got 13 days before we start.

Second year the wait gets worse! Then third year it's July before exams!

Latest

Trending

Trending