The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kingsmod1

cheers and possible Qs on cell cycle and explanation of cell cycle please?

Glad you asked...I have a strange feeling that a question will come up regarding a drug affecting the cell cycle of a cancer cell.
I wont be able to explain the cycle its crazy...:frown:
Reply 481
Original post by therapist_1
Glad you asked...I have a strange feeling that a question will come up regarding a drug affecting the cell cycle of a cancer cell.
I wont be able to explain the cycle its crazy...:frown:

give me an xample LOL
give me an xample LOL

Q9 from Jan 2010 BIOL2 paper
(edited 12 years ago)
I have one big question: Whats the diffrence between standard deviation and index of diversity??:o:o
Reply 484
I have one big question: Whats the diffrence between standard deviation and index of diversity??:o:o

they just totally different lol
Reply 485

Standard deviation is the spread of values around a mean and index of diversity is the measure of the number of species and the number of individuals in each species.
Reply 486
I got 5 past papers with me and I got it all down man, I feel like I'm going to eat this exam up!

average was 95% for last 3 papers so it really boosted my confidence.
Thanks for the answers
Another thing is, what are the main ''to-do's'' when the question say 'evaluate'??
Reply 488
Original post by Stratos
I got 5 past papers with me and I got it all down man, I feel like I'm going to eat this exam up!

average was 95% for last 3 papers so it really boosted my confidence.

wow 95% that my friends is actually genius
hey, i know i'm interrupting a pretty good Q & A session but (it might have been mentioned somewhere in this thread) if anyone has any predictions about the exam on thursday?

Reply 490
wow 95% that my friends is actually genius

Well....it's my fourth time doing it so I'm not really that proud.
Reply 491
Original post by Stratos
Well....it's my fourth time doing it so I'm not really that proud.

wat done same papers four times and look at mark scheme 3 times?
Reply 492
Thanks for the answers
Another thing is, what are the main ''to-do's'' when the question say 'evaluate'??

I usually quote data from the table or graph about the thing I'm asked to evaluate, state a trend (or state that there isn't a trend if that's the case). (e.g. Both chemicals (on their own) slow down growth/are effective; When body mass is X, mean temperature is Y). If I'm comparing the effect of two things use the data given to me to state which is more effective. Or if they are more effective together or apart. Take note of any overlap in data, that usually means the data isn't conclusive.

Sorry if that isn't helpful I'm horrible with evaluation questions. :s-smilie:
Original post by MR_Gallimaufry
hey, i know i'm interrupting a pretty good Q & A session but (it might have been mentioned somewhere in this thread) if anyone has any predictions about the exam on thursday?

I have a really big hunch that the 6 marker will be on plants.
#1 because it hasn't been before.
#2 because AQA hate my guts and they know i suck at it.
Original post by HaimishaParekh

Original post by HaimishaParekh
I have a really big hunch that the 6 marker will be on plants.
#1 because it hasn't been before.
#2 because AQA hate my guts and they know i suck at it.

Possibly more related to apoplast and symplast pathways i think.

I have a feeling that a question on cell cycle and cancer will come very similar to that of Q9 Jan 10.
you can almost guarantee a question on DNA hybridisation, dissociation curves (possibly high altitudes), and the taxonomic groups.
Reply 497
NOP they already come up in 09 very hardd for aqa to repeat similar questions..or they might twist Que..
Reply 498
gone through this thread from page 1 - 26, you guys seem very confident with variation stuff , hardly did i see any one discussing it. Quick one, what do we need to knw about this topic on variation...or any one to go through briefly..many tx
Reply 499
gnna go over the paper by midday...then just read along with chem2

i think the paper tomorrow will be just fine =)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending