The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

say for example in the upcoming paper, they ask a cheeky question like, outline the features of the symplastic pathway, what you guys write? assume its a two mark question.
Symplast pathway goes through living parts of the cell (cell surface membrance, cytoplasm etc.), this is useful as the cell can control what enters the cell (e.g. nurtrients). However, the symplast pathway does provide more resistance than the apoplast pathway. [2-3 marks]
Reply 502
Original post by kingsmod1
wat done same papers four times and look at mark scheme 3 times?

No it's my fourth time doing this exam.
Someone said earlier it was 68 for an A! I assure you this is wrong. Normally you need around 65 for FULL UMS 140/140. If you have any doubts go on the AQA UMS calculator here. The highest it has ever been for full UMS is about 73/85. The lowest ever is 64/75.

http://web.aqa.org.uk/UMS/index.php?id=04
AHahah, 68 for an A? Jan 11 Unit 2 was around 56, I think...
Reply 505
Original post by James A
say for example in the upcoming paper, they ask a cheeky question like, outline the features of the symplastic pathway, what you guys write? assume its a two mark question.

Symplastic pathway is through the living parts of the cells, the cytoplasm. It is much slower than the apoplastic pathway and water moves from cell to the next through plasmodesmata.
Original post by NutterFrutter
Symplast pathway goes through living parts of the cell (cell surface membrance, cytoplasm etc.), this is useful as the cell can control what enters the cell (e.g. nurtrients). However, the symplast pathway does provide more resistance than the apoplast pathway. [2-3 marks]

does this mean that the apoplast pathway ( which uses the cell walls ) contains dead material, if that makes any sense ?

also, i thought that the nutrients enter the phloem, not the symplast way
Reply 507
Anyone stressing coz its biol2 tomorrow then chem f322 day after?
Who's gunna be in the resitting club with me in Jan?
Original post by James A
does this mean that the apoplast pathway ( which uses the cell walls ) contains dead material, if that makes any sense ?

also, i thought that the nutrients enter the phloem, not the symplast way

Yes, the cells walls are non-living (cellulose). The symplast pathway is useful because the living parts of the cell can control what enters the cell.
Yes, the cells walls are non-living (cellulose). The symplast pathway is useful because the living parts of the cell can control what enters the cell.

cool , thankyou :smile:

what grade are you hoping to get ??
Original post by James A
cool , thankyou :smile:

what grade are you hoping to get ??

An A, doesn't everyone want an A? :rolleyes:

Also, be prepared for a 6 marker on transport in some form or on variation. Hmmm
Reply 511
I'm A2 and dropped chemistry, i don't envy he/she who goes on with it.

Also, be prepared for a 6 marker on transport in some form or on variation. Hmmm

yeah man, i want an A lol, i think i got a low A for unit 1, so hopefully i can make it up here
Reply 513
What do we need to know about immunological comparisons?..Just that antibodies of one species will respond to specific antigens & form antibody-antigen complex.. :s-smilie:
Reply 514
Hi guys, Has anyone got the human biology unit 2 jan 11 paper?
Reply 515
Original post by toluene
Hi guys, Has anyone got the human biology unit 2 jan 11 paper?

First page :smile:
Reply 516
Original post by Stratos
No it's my fourth time doing this exam.

LOOL wat u get the last 3 times

this is my third time and ive had 2 Ds

I understand all stuff now and have lots of experience lol
need A
Reply 517
guys wat practice should i do now, ive literally done all past papers before and last time, just need to read book abit for memory at end of unit 2

any more practice Qs i can do?

Variation? What on variation for eg could come up?:s-smilie:
Reply 519
any ideas on what may be on paper

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending