The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

God i hate android OS so much especially on the HTC hero which doesnt even work half the time!!!
Finally made the jump to Gingerbread on my Desire HD today. With the help of Titanium Backup a full wipe of data and all wasn't nearly as daunting as I was expecting. Benchmark score has gone a bit down the loo for some reason but the ROM is so much faster and I suppose that's all that matters. Loving the CRT-style screen on/off animation too. :biggrin:

Also due to ADW Launcher being unable to reliably restore a configuration backup I decided to try out LauncherPro. ADW was restarting itself sometimes multiple times a day and it took an age to start up. LauncherPro on the other hand doesn't do this and feels so much smoother. And the transitions are quite beautiful. :biggrin: 5-column 3D app drawer looks really awesome and the "scale" home screen transition is really nice.

The only problems are that I got so used to swiping down anywhere to bring down notifications (which isn't a huge problem, I'll just have to get used to it :tongue:) and it doesn't seem nearly as visually customisable as ADW was, although that might just be me not looking hard enough.
Original post by G8D
You can set swipe controls on any of the bottom icons.
When I used LP I had it so my middle button (app drawer) would pull down the notifications if I swiped up from it.

Ah, thanks for that. Much better now. Out of interest what launcher are you currently using?
Original post by MR_Gallimaufry
God i hate android OS so much especially on the HTC hero which doesnt even work half the time!!!

my hero was fine - albeit a bit slow towards the end of its life and it lasted 2 years

You trollin'? :colonhash:

Have you rooted and installed a custom ROM. Like I know it mine is still slow compared to the new ones and the SGSII just bats it out of the park but at least it is a damn sight quicker than the original sense

Original post by G8D
You can't judge Android if you've only used a Hero extensively.

True but nice for people to know where android has come from
Just flashed my first ROM. :teeth:

Ah, but with the Hero there is so, so much that you can do to make it better. I loved my Hero so much! :biggrin: If you're happy to root and install custom ROMs, I'd have a look at the cronos project forums! :smile:

Original post by itsmyname
I like the specs of the DHD, but its just not practical for me, I find it huge, just doesn't feel right for me. Whereas the Desire and Desire S specs aren't tempting at all :colone:

Regarding speed and fluidity - the Desire S is almost exactly the same speed as the DHD for most tasks. It's a lovely phone! :smile:
i have a htc desire hd, and we recieved a new update, gingerbread update, which allows the phone to run so much smootherr and lag free :smile:
I want my hero back so I can root it! I have a Wildfire on Froyo and it can't be rooted. It's so slow and laggy :frown:
Original post by Zebrastripes
I want my hero back so I can root it! I have a Wildfire on Froyo and it can't be rooted. It's so slow and laggy :frown:

Why go from Hero to Wildfire in the first place? :confused:
Original post by mikeyd85
Why go from Hero to Wildfire in the first place? :confused:

The Hero wasn't mine, and the person wanted back in exchange for the Wildfire. Free phone I wasn't fussed at the time.
Original post by Zebrastripes
The Hero wasn't mine, and the person wanted back in exchange for the Wildfire. Free phone I wasn't fussed at the time.

Cex will pretty much give you a trade - Wildfire for Hero looking at their prices. Yeah, it's technically a step backward, but the Hero is awesome! :biggrin:
Hey guys, for research purposes, could you spare like 3mins to fill this out.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1653168

:ta: Will give rep if possible. :mmm:
Reply 5114
Does anyone have any tips on the motorola defy ?
Original post by spikeymike

Done. :smile: But choices were too specific - without some kind of monitoring tool I don't know anyone who would be able to say to the nearest hour how long they were on certain sites, so I just went for round numbers and ended up not really distinguishing much.
Original post by alex_hk90
Done. :smile: But choices were too specific - without some kind of monitoring tool I don't know anyone who would be able to say to the nearest hour how long they were on certain sites, so I just went for round numbers and ended up not really distinguishing much.

Don't worry about it, approx is fine. :smile:
Original post by G8D
Back to CM7, thank ****.

Crikey... was it really that bad?
Original post by spikeymike

Done! :smile:

If the match doesn't add up on mine, it's because I counted "Games" to include me sitting playing CoD on the Xbox. :smile:
Original post by mikeyd85
Done! :smile:

If the match doesn't add up on mine, it's because I counted "Games" to include me sitting playing CoD on the Xbox. :smile:

Don't worry about it, I didn't make it, I'm only distributing. :ninja: :ta:

Latest

Trending

Trending