The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by paddy__power
Is this because they are bad....

They had .500 exactly last season XD

No they didn't, they went 3-5 which is .375! But to go 3-5 when the only quality opponents they played were Portsmouth and UWE is kinda bad, haha.
Original post by Hedgeman49
No they didn't, they went 3-5 which is .375! But to go 3-5 when the only quality opponents they played were Portsmouth and UWE is kinda bad, haha.

Yea, they hadn't updated their website :emo:

Hater :colonhash:

I thought S'ton were meant to be quite good as well.
Yea, they hadn't updated their website :emo:

Hater :colonhash:

I thought S'ton were meant to be quite good as well.

Yeah they're alright, the Stags are better than the Redhawks but they're still pretty good. Not in the same league as Portsmouth and UWE though.
Yeah they're alright, the Stags are better than the Redhawks but they're still pretty good. Not in the same league as Portsmouth and UWE though.

From looking at the stats I do not look forward to playing P'mouth. I wonder if they have a lot of Americans on the team.
From looking at the stats I do not look forward to playing P'mouth. I wonder if they have a lot of Americans on the team.

Nah but they do have some beasts who play senior ball for the Blitz, Warriors etc. This is one of their running backs making Birmingham's safety look bad in the final: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GaEZuuu_aI

Notice the massive hole created by the O-line that he had to run through! He had a pretty massive game, I think he was the game MVP.
Nah but they do have some beasts who play senior ball for the Blitz, Warriors etc. This is one of their running backs making Birmingham's safety look bad in the final: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GaEZuuu_aI

Notice the massive hole created by the O-line that he had to run through! He had a pretty massive game, I think he was the game MVP.

That makes sense then. They should be banned from Uni league to make it fair :tongue:

You see the one titled "cave troll" - bit harsh.
That makes sense then. They should be banned from Uni league to make it fair :tongue:

You see the one titled "cave troll" - bit harsh.

Nah they should be allowed! We want to improve the quality of play so letting the best players play is essential...

And yes it is harsh, unclear who uploaded but thats a Lions/Aces game so it's probably a Lion. Bitter rivalry!
Nah they should be allowed! We want to improve the quality of play so letting the best players play is essential...

And yes it is harsh, unclear who uploaded but thats a Lions/Aces game so it's probably a Lion. Bitter rivalry!

Indeed. I'm watching the highlights of Reading Vs Hertfordshire. Not good for Reading!

Probably - would someone who is that out of shape actually be any use?
Indeed. I'm watching the highlights of Reading Vs Hertfordshire. Not good for Reading!

Probably - would someone who is that out of shape actually be any use?

He would probably be more use at nose tackle than on O-line. He's not really athletic enough to do anything, you can see defenders literally just running around him! I bet you he is hard to move though, so plugging up the middle is probably his true calling.
He would probably be more use at nose tackle than on O-line. He's not really athletic enough to do anything, you can see defenders literally just running around him! I bet you he is hard to move though, so plugging up the middle is probably his true calling.

Makes sense. He could just happen to being exceptionally gifted but just having a bad game of course :tongue:
So there's an outlaw/Caesar here huh?

I'm a bulls soon to be renegade too! Will be up against you MWAHAHAHA

Outlaws seem to have a pretty easy schedule next year, Lions and Aces aside! Should go over .500.

Easy schedule is not what anyone I've spoken to thinks. LJM, nobody knows anything about but I'm skeptical of people who say that just because they're a new team they should be an easy win, because I know MMU are going to be very tough to beat.

DMU-Leicester Falcons are also unknown and obviously have a good coaching base. CU Jets have a good coaching base and put a ton of points up on some bad team last year so they will only improve.

Moreover, NTU and Derby both beat us last year. Yes they were very close games, 1 score or less and with us being stopped in the red zone both times but it's kinda hard to call them easy games with that in mind.

I think 6-2 is possible and even Lions and Aces could be beatable on any given Sunday. But 4-4 is also possible, or even worse.

Thanks for the vote of confidence though. It seems like not many people outside our team give us much credit because they say we're a 1 man team, and then they don't give him any credit because they think he's on steroids. lol
outlaws will have at least 3 losses.... another one inflicted by Renegades when they lose again in the annual varsity game :wink:
Original post by jimbles
outlaws will have at least 3 losses.... another one inflicted by Renegades when they lose again in the annual varsity game :wink:

Man you're not even playing for NTU yet and you're already BSing, you'll fit right in! You guys need to find some offense this season or you are going to have a looooong year in a very strong MAC.
Original post by burningnun
Easy schedule is not what anyone I've spoken to thinks. LJM, nobody knows anything about but I'm skeptical of people who say that just because they're a new team they should be an easy win, because I know MMU are going to be very tough to beat.

DMU-Leicester Falcons are also unknown and obviously have a good coaching base. CU Jets have a good coaching base and put a ton of points up on some bad team last year so they will only improve.

Moreover, NTU and Derby both beat us last year. Yes they were very close games, 1 score or less and with us being stopped in the red zone both times but it's kinda hard to call them easy games with that in mind.

I think 6-2 is possible and even Lions and Aces could be beatable on any given Sunday. But 4-4 is also possible, or even worse.

Thanks for the vote of confidence though. It seems like not many people outside our team give us much credit because they say we're a 1 man team, and then they don't give him any credit because they think he's on steroids. lol

First year teams are rarely any good, Exeter being an exception to the rule. I think LJM, MMU and DMU are easy wins. Derby is always an iffy one as you don't know which Derby is going to turn up! NTU is always a grudge match for you guys and could go either way but if depends on them finding some offense this year...

I think hoping for wins over the Lions and Aces is maybe stretching too far, 6-2 should suffice!
Man you're not even playing for NTU yet and you're already BSing, you'll fit right in! You guys need to find some offense this season or you are going to have a looooong year in a very strong MAC.

haha :wink: There's no harm in some banter! I'm only saying this in good jest :smile:

Well, I'm a WR.... so I guess it's a good job I'm coming in on the offence? lol! Why do we need to find some offence then?
Original post by jimbles
haha :wink: There's no harm in some banter! I'm only saying this in good jest :smile:

Well, I'm a WR.... so I guess it's a good job I'm coming in on the offence? lol! Why do we need to find some offence then?

All reports (and scores) suggest that NTU's offense struggle against teams with even semi-competent defenses. Note that they scored 70 of their 127 points this year against two very weak teams. That's an average of 9.5 points a game for the rest of the season.

However I have also heard that their defense is very good.

First year teams are rarely any good, Exeter being an exception to the rule. I think LJM, MMU and DMU are easy wins. Derby is always an iffy one as you don't know which Derby is going to turn up! NTU is always a grudge match for you guys and could go either way but if depends on them finding some offense this year...

I think hoping for wins over the Lions and Aces is maybe stretching too far, 6-2 should suffice!

MMU will not be an easy win for Staffs at all and will be competitive in their own conference.
All reports (and scores) suggest that NTU's offense struggle against teams with even semi-competent defenses. Note that they scored 70 of their 127 points this year against two very weak teams. That's an average of 9.5 points a game for the rest of the season.

However I have also heard that their defense is very good.

Well as long as our defense stays strong! A couple of good offence players and we might be okay :biggrin:

I'm getting some really good coaching at Bulls... being coached by the Lions coach Wayne Hill.... and also being coached by Mark Cohen... if you know them?
Original post by burningnun
MMU will not be an easy win for Staffs at all and will be competitive in their own conference.

Looking at MMU's schedule they could easily rack up 4 wins. I just don't think they'll beat you!

Latest