Original post by ImaBarbieGirl
just shoot me now.

lol thats what she said
I have a feeling that Tissue Fluid and Lymph will come up
Reply 523
Original post by Master.K

Variation? What on variation for eg could come up?:s-smilie:

Maybe something about meiosis. Though it isn't possible to have 6 marks just on that :dontknow:

I actually hate unit 2 so much, the past papers are SO long, they go on forever :bawling:
Antibodies prevent peptide linkages in cell walls
but viruses have a differenct cell wall make upp so theese antibodies dont workk
Original post by oHellno
Maybe something about meiosis. Though it isn't possible to have 6 marks just on that :dontknow:

I actually hate unit 2 so much, the past papers are SO long, they go on forever :bawling:

So do I......My technique is basically just copy out the mark scheme for every paper and just revise it. :p: :teehee:
Reply 526

So do I......My technique is basically just copy out the mark scheme for every paper and just revise it. :p: :teehee:

I've done the same thing, have a good few pages of me copying out and organising the mark scheme to revise from. :tongue:

It's much easier to do for Unit 1 though, the questions aren't as similar/repetitive for this exam.
Original post by kingsmod1
lol thats what she said

The Office fan eh? :tongue:

I hope something on Water Transport comes up for the 6 markers, but who knows if they change the whole style of paper like they did for unit 1? If anyone has the Unit 1 paper, please PM me, thanks. I'm expecting the usual topics to pop up.
Reply 528
really dont want mitosis/meiosis. or tissue fluid. or transport. fml

That's not a bad idea but the same questions won't come up for definite :frown: I have however seen a few questions that come up in every paper. With AQA, you need tonnes of exam practice to be guranteed a solid grade
The one thing I DESPISE is the last HSW question, it's stuff you'd never even think of! :frown:
Reply 531

Original post by jbop

I really want an extended question on mitosis/meiosis. It's the only good topic in this unit.
Original post by jbop

This and Classification :s-smilie:
Sup guys.
Original post by LifeIsGood
I've never seen a question along those lines unless you're talking about tissue fluid?

No, our teacher gave us a sheet with some examples of possible questions and that was one of them...

Original post by ChessMister
veins are flattened due to muscle contractions, giving pressure in the veins
veins have valves to prevent backflow

Don't know where five marks come from....

Original post by ryan02
I'm thinking:
-valves
-muscle tissue
-which can contract
not sure about the other 2 marks :/ maybe elastic tissue, recoiling and stuff. or...gravity? :P

Original post by Dunc
The venous return is part of the As-level PE syllabus, not so much in As-level biology;
The mechanisms are:
Skeletal muscle pump: Working muscles push on near by veins, when the contract, forcing blood back to heart.
Respiratory Pump: a change in pressure causes the thoratic cavity to expand, pushing on nearby veins, (similar to the muscle pump).
Valves: prevent back flow.
Smooth muscles in veins: constrict, squeezing blood to heart.

All this happens in the veins.
Hope i could help :biggrin:

Thanks guys :smile: This is what my teacher said when we went through it in class yesterday:

"Skeletal muscles contract which squeezes the veins... Valves in the viens prevent backflow....Pressure from ventricle contraction (when the heart beats)....and then... heart relaxing"

Not really in full sentences and I don't get the last bit about the "heart relaxing"?... but those were just the key points she wrote on the board...
Original post by LifeIsGood
That's not a bad idea but the same questions won't come up for definite :frown: I have however seen a few questions that come up in every paper. With AQA, you need tonnes of exam practice to be guranteed a solid grade

Yeah but atleast you'd know how to answer 'similar' sorts of questions....:smile:
I have given up on revision in the last two days and have since watched Thelma & Louise, Tormented and She's Out of My League. I also started reading Dickens yesterday, despite not having glanced at a book in years.
Now is the time to let fate run its course; any further revision would be procrastination.
Reply 537
Please can anyone help me with question 4a on this paper http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-BIOL2-W-QP-JUN09.PDF

the mark scheme is here http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-BIOL2-W-MS-JUN09.PDF but I don't understand the answer so if anyone could explain I'd be veeeeery grateful!
Reply 538
hey guys,
hope reviision is going well. just to sayy..
fish and exchange myt come up [its what my teacher sed].. cuz it hasnt comeup in two years:eek: soooo... if u skipped fish and didnt revise it....think again! :wink::wink::wink:
Original post by lolo-x
Please can anyone help me with question 4a on this paper http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-BIOL2-W-QP-JUN09.PDF

the mark scheme is here http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-BIOL2-W-MS-JUN09.PDF but I don't understand the answer so if anyone could explain I'd be veeeeery grateful!

Ok, Mitosis produces identical cells with the SAME number of CHROMOSOMES. That's the key priniciple you need to be able to apply to this question.

At prophase you've got 26 chromosomes so at telophase you have 26. Why? ^Apply that principle. [If it was meiosis, it'd be halved.]

However, the DNA mass changes as mitosis divides into TWO cells so the mass of DNA divides by two.

And with the sperm cell, it's just halved as it's haploid

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending