The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

So my friend is from the Netherlands. We saw POTC on Sunday (and I enjoyed it.. :colondollar:) but as we were walking out, I mentioned to my American friend that it felt like an Indiana Jones plot. She agreed.

My Dutch friend then asked what Indiana Jones was.

After much 'WTF'-ing, we found out she'd never seen Indy or Star Wars or any James Bond films :facepalm2:

Cue Wednesday nights becoming film school. Star Wars trilogy marathon tomorrow.
Original post by The Stig
Hello!

Can't wait for Hangover 2 to come out ... planning to go watch it on the day it comes out, but last time that was planned the cinema was full! :indiff:

Is it out in US etc yet? Are there any reviews?

Yeah I wanna see it sometime this week too - I think it must have premiered in America by now, not sure about the general american release date but if it is a worldwide release then it's May 26th

I still need to see Vanishing on 7th street, heard it kinda sucks but I'm still curious about it
Original post by pinkpenguin
So my friend is from the Netherlands. We saw POTC on Sunday (and I enjoyed it.. :colondollar:) but as we were walking out, I mentioned to my American friend that it felt like an Indiana Jones plot. She agreed.

My Dutch friend then asked what Indiana Jones was.

After much 'WTF'-ing, we found out she'd never seen Indy or Star Wars or any James Bond films :facepalm2:

Cue Wednesday nights becoming film school. Star Wars trilogy marathon tomorrow.

lol, pretty funny. Does she like watching old films though?
Reply 1903
Anybody seen the new POTC yet? Opinions? I'll probably be seeing it on a family outing this week.
Original post by aja89
Anybody seen the new POTC yet? Opinions? I'll probably be seeing it on a family outing this week.

Yep I saw it the day it came out in IMAX 3D lol. It's good, not quite got the charm of the original trilogy but yeah it's worth a watch. The 3D is quite good but most of the time you forget you're even in 3D which is good I think, worth it if you like 3D but it doesn't really make the film any better tbh.
Original post by cadaeibfeceh
Yep I saw it the day it came out in IMAX 3D lol. It's good, not quite got the charm of the original trilogy but yeah it's worth a watch. The 3D is quite good but most of the time you forget you're even in 3D which is good I think, worth it if you like 3D but it doesn't really make the film any better tbh.

Caddeh you see so many films :tongue: I envy you, I see like 1 or so a month if I ever plan to with friends, went like 4 times in April and 0 times in May so yeah D:

But yeah I should really go more, the cinema experience is awsum
Original post by lukejoshjedi
Caddeh you see so many films :tongue: I envy you, I see like 1 or so a month if I ever plan to with friends, went like 4 times in April and 0 times in May so yeah D:

But yeah I should really go more, the cinema experience is awsum

I can't resist <3 I'd go instead of eating if it was a choice! The Hangover Part II next week after a free showing of Back To The Future tomorrow night!!!
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Anybody seen Attack the Block? Worth watching?

I really enjoyed it. It was energetic and funny and despite its high-concept, it never felt like a parody. The social commentary ("good kids after all!") was hammered in slightly too hard, but overall, it was pretty fun :smile:
I can't resist <3 I'd go instead of eating if it was a choice! The Hangover Part II next week after a free showing of Back To The Future tomorrow night!!!

hah fair enough, nice I love BTTF ignoring part 3 of course lol :rolleyes: I saw some news that Robert Zemeckis is interested in doing a new time travel film - definetely interested in finding out what it may be about

I never saw The hangover in a cinema actually, going to this time around though
Reply 1909
Best films were made in the 20th century. John Carpenter all the way.

Assualt on precinct 13- 1976 pure genius.
Ok thas me done back to revision
hah fair enough, nice I love BTTF ignoring part 3 of course lol :rolleyes: I saw some news that Robert Zemeckis is interested in doing a new time travel film - definetely interested in finding out what it may be about

I never saw The hangover in a cinema actually, going to this time around though

:eek:

Get out now.

You don't like part 3?!

Just leave, now, go on, there's the proverbial door.

:dumbells:
:eek:

Get out now.

You don't like part 3?!

Just leave, now, go on, there's the proverbial door.

:dumbells:

lol you're into Part 3? fair Dos' I thought most people don't like it :tongue:

I don't dislike it, just don't care as much for part 3 as 1 and 2, wasn't as interested in it

anyway the first film, quality :cool:
lol you're into Part 3? fair Dos' I thought most people don't like it :tongue:

I don't dislike it, just don't care as much for part 3 as 1 and 2, wasn't as interested in it

anyway the first film, quality :cool:

We've had this discussion in here before haven't we?

Part 3 rules. End of :tongue:
Reply 1913
I very much want to see Win Win!
About to re-watch Kavkazskaya Plenitsa (Kidnapping, Caucasian Style) in order to write an essay about it in Russian... Eek.

I think it's a really great Russian comedy film, and if anyone's interested it's on Youtube with English subtitles here :smile: I haven't watched it with subtitles before though, so I'm not sure how they'll translate some of the jokes!
Original post by aja89

I saw it on Monday :biggrin: I liked it a lot, had some good laughs and Jack Sparrow at his best..maybe being a bit biased, because I didn't have to pay for it :ninja: free stuff are so much better :tongue:

but yeah :ottid:

X-Men: First Class is getting some great reviews on the 'net. Really looking forward to it. :holmes:
(edited 12 years ago)
Has anyone seen Julia's Eyes yet? Going to see it later this week, looks pretty good.
Original post by Christien
X-Men: First Class is getting some great reviews on the 'net. Really looking forward to it. :holmes:

Same :h:
Original post by Phalanges
QFA

I seriously hope you're joking in about :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest