The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3020
Can you still apply for medicine with AAAB AS grades...and the B was in Biology>??
Reply 3021
Original post by as_94
Hi guys, just wondering how everyone is doing in AS Levels? I'm really concerned about chemistry. I'm doing OCR Salters. The first paper went quite well I think, but I'm just concerned about my coursework: I have 49/60, which is probably not even an A :frown: FFS Why do I suck so bad at science practicals?

Same! I'm worried about Biology!

I'm going into my Bio exam tomorrow knowing if i dont get an A I probably wont have a chance!

Good luck anyway :smile:
Reply 3022
Hello my fellow Medicine 2012 applicant brethrins :smile:

I've only just seen this thread and I just want to wish everyone good luck with their preparations! I applied for 2011 entry but sadly didn't get in because my interview techniques were a little poop so now I'm reapplying :smile:

If it's your first time round applying then I'm happy to answer any questions!
I hate Unit 2 Biology so much :mad2:
Original post by oHellno

What exam board? OCR isn't being very friendly to me :mad:
Original post by oHellno

:borat: :five:

Hi five :biggrin:
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
You needn't feel intimidated :smile:

Applicants tend to be nice, they haven't yet turned cynical :biggrin:

Hey - what's that building (thing?) in your sig? It looks really cool :cool:
Original post by thegodofgod
Hey - what's that building (thing?) in your sig? It looks really cool :cool:

The Suttie Centre for teaching and learning in healthcare :colone:

Tis rather shiny.

http://www.abdn.ac.uk/suttie-centre/
Biology Unit 2 tomorrow AND Unit 2 Classical Civilisation. Naturally, all my effort has gone to the huge biology exam, and not very much towards Classical Civilisation.
Original post by navarre
Biology Unit 2 tomorrow AND Unit 2 Classical Civilisation. Naturally, all my effort has gone to the huge biology exam, and not very much towards Classical Civilisation.

ahh - I have AQA Biology Unit 2 and Exexcel Maths Core 2 tomorrow - effort went to Biology of course, so it'd be a miracle if I got an A in C2 lol :biggrin:
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
The Suttie Centre for teaching and learning in healthcare :colone:

Tis rather shiny.

http://www.abdn.ac.uk/suttie-centre/

Looks very shiny :biggrin:
ahh - I have AQA Biology Unit 2 and Exexcel Maths Core 2 tomorrow - effort went to Biology of course, so it'd be a miracle if I got an A in C2 lol :biggrin:

Don't blame you- Unit 2 is a mammoth of a unit.

Just remember- if you get asked about an optical microscope and why the sample was cut thin- the answer is to let light penetrate and so only a single layer of cells shows!
Original post by navarre
Don't blame you- Unit 2 is a mammoth of a unit.

Just remember- if you get asked about an optical microscope and why the sample was cut thin- the answer is to let light penetrate and so only a single layer of cells shows!

That doesn't come up in AQA Unit 2 lol - or does it? :lolwut:
That doesn't come up in AQA Unit 2 lol - or does it? :lolwut:

I've done June 2009 and January 2010 papers in past two days.

It came up in both.

Thankfully, meoisis came up in neither- here's hoping it stays that way tomorrow.
Oh god, D1 and Unit 2 biology tomorrow, then Critical thinking and unit 2 chemistry on friday. Not a good couple of days :eek:
Original post by navarre

Original post by navarre
I've done June 2009 and January 2010 papers in past two days.

It came up in both.

Thankfully, meoisis came up in neither- here's hoping it stays that way tomorrow.

Meiosis is the good thing about Unit 2. I really hope we get a question on it :redface:

I was revising Biology and got so frustrated and bored, so I ended up doing 4 C2 past papers :lol:
Original post by Quackers93
I'm considering it :biggrin: where else you looking at? :smile:

not sure yet! cardiff might be my 1st option , as i live nearby so yeaah :smile: but atm, (middle of as-levels exams) im considering to study tesco-logy or macdonald-ology, as i think i failed most of my exams ehhhh :frown:
How about you?
Original post by oHellno
I was revising Biology and got so frustrated and bored, so I ended up doing 4 C2 past papers :lol:

:lolwut:

No meiosis - hate it :frown:

Love mitosis though :love:

How are you feeling about the exam tomorrow? :s-smilie:
Reply 3039
Original post by giraffegiraffe
For medicine, do individual module marks matter at A2/AS? Or is just getting an A sufficient regardless of how high/low the A is?
I heard cambridge do look at the individual mark (80/100, 90/100) etc ... do any other unis do this too?

if they're really high then your referee can comment on them but majority of unis don't seem very bothered by AS levels. they all look at predicted grades and some shorlist based on gcses. Getting A is definitely sufficient

Latest

Trending

Trending