The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 840
I hope it doesn't have a "wtf" question like unit 4 biology did in january.

However this would be in true aqa style, we had a 15 mark question on Cow ****.
Reply 841
Anyone know the answers to these?

How will the composition of the hepatic portal vein and hepatic vein differ?

How will the composition of the hepatic artery and hepatic vein differ?
Original post by BeejTheone
Jessplease <3 How did i know you'd be here

loool well you know, doing what i do best :wink:
Original post by ksimmi25
Anyone know the answers to these?

How will the composition of the hepatic portal vein and hepatic vein differ?

How will the composition of the hepatic artery and hepatic vein differ?

The hepatic portal vein contents will vary according to what has been absorbed in the stomach and intestines. The hepatic artery has oxygenated blood whilst the hepatic vein has de oxygenated blood.
Reply 844
anyone know what any of the smaller 3 markers are likely to be?
Reply 845
the hardest topics in my opinion are the capillaries and the hepatic vein, anyone know any revision tips for them.....thanks :smile:
would people agree with me that transpiration is less likely to come up as there was a big bit in it in january??
Original post by DoaaK
hate chapter 13.

It's actually relatively easy when you do lots of practice questions on it as it's mainly learning adaptations which is just regurgitation in the exam. However, it did take about 1.5 weeks to learn fully
Original post by 123456786
the hardest topics in my opinion are the capillaries and the hepatic vein, anyone know any revision tips for them.....thanks :smile:

You do not need to revise the hepatic vein, simply know that it is the vein that comes from the liver. With capillaries try to relate them back to their function i.e. one cell thick, made of squamous cells this provides a short diffusion pathway which allows for efficient exchange of materials. Many capillaries provide a large surface area which increases the diffusion of metabolic materials. Narrow lumen which forces red blood cells to squeeze along the side shortening the diffusion pathway even further. :smile:
Original post by maymaymo
me too please ! I hate tissue fluid.

Will do :smile:
Does anyone know how they got the answer to 3d on the Januray 2010 paper?! Its only one mark but I'm soo confused?!
Original post by Shopaholic94

Does anyone know how they got the answer to 3d on the Januray 2010 paper?! Its only one mark but I'm soo confused?!

Read the codes as triplets, and then see how many times each triplet occurs. The number of times it occurs is what the table means, you should be able to read off which amino acid it is then :smile:

Its the DNA base coding one right? Well basically on figure 2 you should separate the bases into three's as every 3 bases code for 1 amino acid, therefore you should get, GTT, TAC, TAC, TCT, TCT, TCT, TTA. Now it tells you the name of the amino acid and the numbers it is present in. The first one is done for you i.e GTT codes for Gln. now the next 2 are TAC TAC and so they must code for Met as Met is present twice, again this data is in the table, the next three are all the same i.e TCT now in the table it tells you the only amino acid occuring three times is Arg so you put Arg 3 times and you are left with TTA coding for Asn. :smile:
Reply 853
Original post by Kandy_Kain_94
Will do :smile:

thank you!
That makes so much sense!
Original post by Laura-Robbie
would people agree with me that transpiration is less likely to come up as there was a big bit in it in january??

I agree with you with wishful thinking. That was a resit paper though. There was nothing in the June 2010 paper so I reckon they'll stick something in for the 'first-timers'
Reply 856
How do fish maintain a flow of water over the gills?

Can someone please explain that to me :smile:
Reply 857
By swimming so water flows into their mouth and out through the gills?
Original post by cherri3

It is through inspiration, in brief, the mouth opens, the floor of the pharynx is lowered due to muscle contractions, the volume of the chamber increases, the pressure decreases and so water enters the mouth. The water then passes over the gills and exchange occurs :smile:
Original post by cherri3

Fish can move water by ventilation. Is that what you mean? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending