The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jessica_94
oh and if there was a 6 marker on transpiration what kind of things would you write about? would you write everything from water moving into the roots, up the xylem? :s-smilie:

Nope, I would write this:

sunlight causes evap from mesophyll (i think??)
which puts xylem under tension.
water forms continuous column because of its cohesive properties. these properties arise from the H bonds of water molecules.
water molecules stick to dead xylem because of their adhesive properties.
as water evaporates, the column is pulled up.

Not sure if it's right though. :s-smilie:
Have revised this all day today, getting really bored of it now. Onto the last section in the revision guide - species diversity. I learnt all about this in Environmental Studies aswell so I have a bit of an advantage compared to the rest of my class so I don't think I'll go over it in too much detail.
Really hoping for nice questions tomorrow!
Good luck everyone :biggrin:
Paper is out of 140 UMS right?

So what 112 is an A?

Which is like 65 raw?
Original post by Jorgeyy

So what 112 is an A?

Which is like 65 raw?

Well it varies from exam to exam, but I think that's generally right.
Reply 884
Original post by ScienceGeek3
I'm sure you will be fine, just make sure you cover your content and practise with past exam questions to learn exam technique etc. There is a guaranteed how science works question and so I would go over things like reliability, bias, double blind trials etc just to make sure you pick up those fairly easy marks.

Good luck for it :biggrin:

I'm okay with that stuff because i do psycho but its graph interpreting :/ Good luck to you too! :biggrin:
Original post by Jorgeyy

So what 112 is an A?

Which is like 65 raw?

65 would get you close to full ums I believe, check the UMS converter thing on the Aqa website :smile:
Original post by Jorgeyy

So what 112 is an A?

Which is like 65 raw?

No lol, 65 is a HIGH A I think most of the times.

it ranges from 50-58 marks to be sure
Reply 887
Original post by Unbiased Opinion
I know, I have nooo will power. But I'm not coming in tomorrow, people discussing exams makes me feel awful. :p: And the whole "that was so easy!" thing. D: Oh, man.

I know right it makes you feel so stupid! Oh luck i have C2 in the morning :s-smilie: tomorrow is going to be a looong day.. :frown:
Reply 888
june 2010 can anyone tell me how they got 8 gametes for 'different types of gametes could be produced from this cell as a result of
different combinations of maternal and paternal chromosomes' cell has 6 chromosomes?????? :/
Lol sweet, I think I might be able to get 65 though O_O
Original post by edebsi10
june 2010 can anyone tell me how they got 8 gametes for 'different types of gametes could be produced from this cell as a result of
different combinations of maternal and paternal chromosomes' cell has 6 chromosomes?????? :/

The gamete will have 3 chromosomes in it so you do 2 to the power of 3 :smile:
So basically 2x2x2 which is 8.

For example, if the gamete had 6 chromosomes in you would do 2x2x2x2x2x2 :smile:
Original post by cherri3
I know right it makes you feel so stupid! Oh luck i have C2 in the morning :s-smilie: tomorrow is going to be a looong day.. :frown:

I know, and when people say the answers to things and you didn't get that. Sucks bad. :p:

Ouch. :hugs: I've got Ethics in the morning, I haven't revised it much at all, need to do some before I go to bed. Ah well it'll be done in 24 hours. :smile:
would anyone know what the raw mark for a b would be please??
So basically you can afford to lose 20 marks and still get an A?
Original post by edebsi10

You need 1 of each type in the 2 daughter cells.

Label them like this

Type 1 version 1
Type 2 version 2

etc etc

You can get:

8 possibilities :smile:
and maybe the ums too please
I agree that 2 to the power of the number of chromosomes is easier btw I was just helping explain why ^^^^
Plant adaptations for water loss are stomata in pits to trap air. This reduces the water potential

This is what is says in my notes. Water potential of what though???
Reply 898
Original post by Twigleheight
The gamete will have 3 chromosomes in it so you do 2 to the power of 3 :smile:
So basically 2x2x2 which is 8.

For example, if the gamete had 6 chromosomes in you would do 2x2x2x2x2x2 :smile:

thanks you made that soo simple basically 2 chromosomes in the previous question in each of the 3 cells two to tha power of three
Reply 899
Original post by Kandy_Kain_94
So basically you can afford to lose 20 marks and still get an A?

most of time its around 30 marks and u will get low A
its harder than it sounds because u lose marks for lots of various things lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending