The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by museobsessed
I've got bloggers writers block :frown:

I had the other day. I went away, did something else, and came back and I got my train of thought back. Maybe try that? . .
New post, If anyone is interested. It's a cookie recipe and they turned out super yummy. http://dollydotgirl.blogspot.com/2011/05/food-frolics-chocolate-cookies.html

I usually find that looking at other blogs for inspiration helps with that.
Original post by Sky_Dream
New post, If anyone is interested. It's a cookie recipe and they turned out super yummy. http://dollydotgirl.blogspot.com/2011/05/food-frolics-chocolate-cookies.html

yummmy

I have the opposite problem - I have quite a lot of ideas of what to blog about, but I often feel to lazy to actually get round to writing and posting them, and just procrastinate anywhere else on the internet :erm:

Hey, your blog is pretty awesome at the moment, and you post so much in one month, that's great! I wouldn't worry too much about it at the moment then. Hopefully something will come to you soon :smile:.

Also, a good idea would be that whenever an ideas for your blog pop into your head, write them down for when you're ready to blog. Then you could build up a list of plentiful things to blog about :smile:
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom

Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I have the opposite problem - I have quite a lot of ideas of what to blog about, but I often feel to lazy to actually get round to writing and posting them, and just procrastinate anywhere else on the internet :erm:

Hey, your blog is pretty awesome at the moment, and you post so much in one month, that's great! I wouldn't worry too much about it at the moment then. Hopefully something will come to you soon :smile:.

Also, a good idea would be that whenever an ideas for your blog pop into your head, write them down for when you're ready to blog. Then you could build up a list of plentiful things to blog about :smile:

Yeh I do write down ideas that I have but at the moment I have no ideas. I've always got back ups like films i love and stuff but I don't like doing them too often partly for variety and partly because once i've used them up then they're gone!
Not our blogs but is anyone else really bored of street style blogs lately?
Original post by clo-clo1

Sort of. I'm more bored of blogs where the author just updates with an outfit post and no supporting text.
Manchester United blog. Quite new, will try to blog about general football too.

http://mufctalk.wordpress.com/
Reply 369
Original post by Christian Bale
Manchester United blog. Quite new, will try to blog about general football too.

http://mufctalk.wordpress.com/

Shame.. If it was an Arsenal blog I would have spread the word :tongue:
It is very well written though! :smile: Do you write as a profession?
(edited 12 years ago)

I am it's like everyone follows the same format. I also hate it when people just post pics with no content.
I love love love street style blogs and understand usually no text is needed but every outfit is the same.
I was in beyond retro the other day and the street style man photographed 3 girls in check shirts tied at the waist and denim shorts. There is too much of a 'blogger' uniform lately

Street blogs? Do you mean those who just post pictures and nothing else? . .
Original post by DancinBallerina
Street blogs? Do you mean those who just post pictures and nothing else? . .

Like 'The Sartorialist' or 'FaceHunter'. You don't always need text to make a blog as long as the images you have are super strong
Like 'The Sartorialist' or 'FaceHunter'. You don't always need text to make a blog as long as the images you have are super strong

Basically, you mean those who post nothing but pictures? If so, I find those quite boring tbh. No offence to anyone who likes to blog about pictures. :/
Basically, you mean those who post nothing but pictures? If so, I find those quite boring tbh. No offence to anyone who likes to blog about pictures. :/

I agree. I mean, I don't mind some blog posts being just pictures, but if it's all the time, how do you get to know the blogger? It makes them seem completely disconnected and impersonable.

Fashion is my life though, so anything involving it is cool but then again I'm the kind of weirdo that spends £20 on a magazine for editorials....
I feel I can get to know who they are because of the style they photograph plus FaceHunter is lovely.
Original post by Sky_Dream
I agree. I mean, I don't mind some blog posts being just pictures, but if it's all the time, how do you get to know the blogger? It makes them seem completely disconnected and impersonable.

I just think it's boring, I mean, I could go onto the internet and just do that myself :dontknow:. There doesn't need to be a whole blog on people, and it's usually Audrey Hepbrun :facepalm: lol. Don't get me wrong, she was an absolutely stunning lady in her time, but her pictures crop up time and time again on peoples blogs. It usually starts off with ''I was watching Breakfast at Tiffany's'' . . . .lol

Fashion is my life though, so anything involving it is cool but then again I'm the kind of weirdo that spends £20 on a magazine for editorials....
I feel I can get to know who they are because of the style they photograph plus FaceHunter is lovely.

I feel like I am being a bitch, but honestly I'm not trying to @ all. And I hope nobody takes offence to my posts. But it's just my opinion, that it's not really my thing, although for some girls they love blogging about pictures and etc, which is fair enough to them and I respect their choice. Your blog is alright because you're writing as you attach snaps; it's the snaps that literally just copy and past with NO writing whatsoever that make me scratch my head lol.
(edited 12 years ago)

I feel like I am being a bitch, but honestly I'm not trying to @ all. And I hope nobody takes offence to my posts. But it's just my opinion, that it's not really my thing, although for some girls they love blogging about pictures and etc, which is fair enough to them and I respect their choice.

You're not being a bitch at all, I think I find it 'strange' that people who like blogs aren't obsessed with them completely (as the only people I know in real life who like blogs, are obsessed like me).
I really love good street style too, as that is were I get most of my outfit inspiration from and I actually get very excited by it all (bit of a loser me)
You're not being a bitch at all, I think I find it 'strange' that people who like blogs aren't obsessed with them completely (as the only people I know in real life who like blogs, are obsessed like me).
I really love good street style too, as that is were I get most of my outfit inspiration from and I actually get very excited by it all (bit of a loser me)

No, you're not a loser @ all, lol don't be daft. End of the day, that is what interests you greatly about your blog. It appeals to many, but maybe not so much to others. It's part of life; not everyone is going to like or be heavily obsessed with something that someone else might. Haha I wouldn't say I am obsessed, although as of late I do enjoy logging in and finding new and interesting posts from bloggers.

Mine isn't perfect, and I don't give off the attitude that it is. I do enjoy what I blog about on mine, which is what is keeping me sane and my mind ticking while I continue my job hunting. I do hope to also continue my blog, once I start full time employment.

Latest

Trending

Trending