The Student Room Group

parents found out about my online sex chat

Well, about three weeks ago i started talking to this guy i met on omegle, he was really nice and it was just a friends kind of thing, but it soon started to get sexual, he wasnt pressuring me into anything but i did get kindof carried away with the whole thing. I would do stuff on webcam with him and so would he, sometimes i would stay up all night chatting to him.
I dont see him in a romantic way (im not that naive) and i know i almost certainly never meet him as he lives in america
Anyway, my dad was using my laptop, and when he was on it he noticed there was a skype message from him and he wondered what it was so he clicked on it, but didnt see anything particulurly incriminating. He did however question me on who he was and how long i had known him, ect. I was honest and answered him.
But he was obviously concerned about me talking to someone online like that and he and my mum went back on and looked at the conversation history, he says they didnt read any of it (and i believe him) but he did "get the gist of it".
So he had a big discussion about it with me, and although he wasnt angry with me, or not even disappointed, he seemed understanding, but very unsure about the whole online thing. I just feel SO ashamed right now, and i feel like my parents wont see me in the same way again.
Im still not sure if i should continue talking to this guy, i guess the damage is already done, but, i dont know...
I kindof would have felt better if he had shouted at me and confiscated my computer...

Scroll to see replies

First off, It was stpid for having a sex chat with a complete stranger and not knowing the risks. Second, websites like Omegle and chat roulette are full of people masterbating or asking for sex, anyone with a brain cell would avoid those websites. At least this will serve as a lesson to you not to do anything like that, what if you did that with a boyfriend/girlfriend and you broke up with them? That chat, will serve as a weapon against you, your life could be ruined because of it, a lot of lives have been wrecked because people posted private and sexual things online.
Original post by nintendolad
First off, It was stpid for having a sex chat with a complete stranger and not knowing the risks.

Like what, an eSTI?
(edited 13 years ago)
nintendolad been reading too many tabloids
Reply 4
deny it... say it was your friend
Learn to log out of Skype and email whenever you leave a computer. That way next time you won't get caught!
Original post by ToastyCoke
Like what, an eSTI?

Of course not. It is just common sense not to engage in such acts with random people. Chat Roulette and other similar sites are full of dicks, literally!
Last week I caught my wife having a pretty graphical sex chat online with another guy. At the same time she had a chat with one of her friends to leave me during the week she was supposed to see her parents. I confronted her and wanted the truth.

Sex Chat | Adult Chat
Reply 8
How old are you? If you're under 18 then I get why your parents would be concerned and I would suggest you probably don't do it again, but if you're over 18 then obviously it's a bit embarassing but ultimately not really any of their business.
Reply 9
Of course not. It is just common sense not to engage in such acts with random people. Chat Roulette and other similar sites are full of dicks, literally!

I don't really see why not. Ok, they might take a screenshot but the likelihood of that ever being attached to your real name is probably pretty slim.
Original post by riotgrrl
I don't really see why not. Ok, they might take a screenshot but the likelihood of that ever being attached to your real name is probably pretty slim.

This is the internet. Somebody will find a way.
Reply 11
Only wrong you did was keeping yourself logged in on Skype and keeping a conversation history. Anyone with common sense logs off and doesn't save password so even when family member uses the same computer they can't see who you've been in contact with.
You gon get e-raped!
Reply 13
This is the internet. Somebody will find a way.

I'm sure someone could if they tried really, really hard, but who could be bothered? What would be the point?
I'm sure someone could if they tried really, really hard, but who could be bothered? What would be the point?

To troll.
I wonder if there will be a technology in the future that let's you transfer sperm.
Reply 16
To troll.

There are far simpler ways to troll.
There are far simpler ways to troll.

That is true. But you never know with the internet. You never know.
Reply 18
Original post by Anonymous
Anyway, my dad was using my laptop, and when he was on it he noticed there was a skype message from him and he wondered what it was so he clicked on it, but didnt see anything particulurly incriminating. He did however question me on who he was and how long i had known him, ect. I was honest and answered him.
But he was obviously concerned about me talking to someone online like that and he and my mum went back on and looked at the conversation history, he says they didnt read any of it (and i believe him) but he did "get the gist of it".
So he had a big discussion about it with me, and although he wasnt angry with me, or not even disappointed, he seemed understanding, but very unsure about the whole online thing. I just feel SO ashamed right now, and i feel like my parents wont see me in the same way again.
Im still not sure if i should continue talking to this guy, i guess the damage is already done, but, i dont know...
I kindof would have felt better if he had shouted at me and confiscated my computer...

Sounds like an experienced pro. Seems like your dad's better at cleaning his internet history and covering his tracks than you are. :colone:
Not as bad as a girls boyfriend reading the texts i had been sending her...dirty ones...as in my case lol oh well she doesnt even like him anyway!

Quick Reply

Latest