The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by swiftylol
Ughhh, I was soo tired from my previous 3hour exam that I ran out of time in this one AND misread most of the questions, along with misinterpreting the graph with the percentage question. Results day will be fun............. :///

im sure you'll have done fine.
My friend had 3 exams today, and i think he's still doing an R.S one now.
Original post by stealth_writer
for the first question i put flagellum and chlorplasts

cell wall/!?
Reply 1262
Original post by EffKayy
why cant you conclude that the urhh.. thing... increased death rates?

Ermm only a positive correlation, there may be other factors effecting the rate.
Original post by TlanTlan
Yes introns were correct

I put start stop code :biggrin: both correct :P
Hey I put 1032 too! Right or wrong? :\

Not flagellum, sperm cells have them...

I put cell wall.

And also, how did you guys interpret the light sensitive thing for the question after on adaption for maximum photosynthesis?
Reply 1266
Original post by failingatm
:facepalm2: Lost so many silly marks.

Join the bloody club :colonhash:

Friggin' frogs.
Reply 1267

Flagellum can be in animal cells too (sperm)
Original post by liviaaa
Ermm only a positive correlation, there may be other factors effecting the rate.

woooo :smile:
I hope this makes up for my crappy biol1 mark..
Original post by beelz
But the athletes may have different levels of EPO to other people.

Why would they have different levels of EPO? Even if they did it wouldn't be massively different, the question is only asking for you to say "take readings from a large number of healthy (no/few health issues) people and take an AVERAGE"
Reply 1270
Original post by EffKayy
cell wall/!?

I don't think cell wall was labelled??

I put chloroplasts and starch storage.

ooops sorry, thought you talked about a different Q :smile: but flagellum is wrong (sperm) you should have written chloroplasts and cell wall.
(edited 12 years ago)
For the maximising sunlight one did anyone else put that it moves to areas of higher levels of sunlight :')?
Original post by Reminisce
Not flagellum, sperm cells have them...

I put cell wall.

And also, how did you guys interpret the light sensitive thing for the question after on adaption for maximum photosynthesis?

i dunno
for that question

i wrote about a lot of chloroplasts - light
then i wrote about the vacuole even though it didnt specifically have it on the diagram \: (vacuole pushes chloroplasts to the edge..)
What did people put for the first question on frogs eggs and pesticides?
How did people do on the last question?
Original post by beelz
But the athletes may have different levels of EPO to other people.

Exactly what i was thinking so i wrote procure blood samples from a group of athletes who had not previously used synthetic EPO...becuz surely athletes have generally higher levels of EPO if their profession is atheletics?!? XD :P
Original post by Reminisce

I put that the chloroplast (I'm guessing that was one large chloroplast it was pointing to) was close to the edges of the cells, minimizing the diffusion distance for carbon dioxide and water required for photosynthesis.
Also I put that the chloroplast contains its own ribosomes (those little black dots) which allow it to quickly synthesize proteins for photosynthesis.
Finally I put the light detector thingy allows it to detect...light.... :biggrin: ...and so it can use its flagella to move into areas where there is more light.
Original post by sablarrr
Join the bloody club :colonhash:

Friggin' frogs.

I liked the frog question, it's the ****ing lymphatic system I forgot about and the minutes questions OH and that bloody starch one at the beginning. :facepalm2: Wat was I thinking tbh. Must have lost 20-30 marks on silly mistakes.
Original post by liviaaa
I don't think cell wall was labelled??

I put chloroplasts and starch storage.

cell wall was labelled.
Also starch storage can be in the form of glyocgen in animals (animal starch)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending