The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Oh, I ****ing hate them.

Erm, no. If it's about an episode that has not been broadcast, spoiler. Just to make sure.

Sorry :colondollar:
I guess that maybe the official website class those as 'teasers' rather than spoilers? But I agree, I think to be on the safe side, they should still be spoilered here, in case people want a surprise when they watch the ep
Reply 3162
putting them in a spoiler's probably best, but say that it's an official teaser, so people can decide whether they want to read/watch or not.
It probably should be spoilered on here but how many people go on the Dr Who web-site and not expect teasers?

Spoiler

I really hope we get more River soon. All the best episodes have her in it, and we still don't know who she is! So much for ''you'll be finding out very soon now'' :frown:

Spoiler

We need more episodes with River. I actually love her. :biggrin:
Reply 3166
Original post by frequent_flyer
I really hope we get more River soon. All the best episodes have her in it, and we still don't know who she is! So much for ''you'll be finding out very soon now'' :frown:

Original post by Oncoming Storm

Spoiler

We need more episodes with River. I actually love her. :biggrin:

Couldn't agree more :biggrin:
Original post by Katie_louise
Couldn't agree more :biggrin:

She's amazing. :biggrin: And I'm one of the few who actually think her and the Doctor make a damn adorable couple.
Original post by Oncoming Storm
She's amazing. :biggrin: And I'm one of the few who actually think her and the Doctor make a damn adorable couple.

Who doesn't think that?! Their relationship really helps to characterise Eleven, and it's really great to have a companion he doesn't think of as a puny human but actually respects! No way would he have locked River in the tardis and gone to look for time lords on his own.
Who doesn't think that?! Their relationship really helps to characterise Eleven, and it's really great to have a companion he doesn't think of as a puny human but actually respects! No way would he have locked River in the tardis and gone to look for time lords on his own.

Loads of people. But I love them. She's his equal rather than just someone he has tagging along for company, I think. I love their banter as well. :biggrin: They are fantastic.
Reply 3170

I know quite a few people who don't like her/ find her annoying...although people seem to be changing their minds the more they see her.
Reply 3171
Personally im one of the ones that cant stand river, and the sooner she does something really evil, or we find out the heavily implied major romance between them is all some kind of massive ruse the better
I dislike River. Not really sure why. To me she just doesn't seem to fit.
She's the best character in there right now, apart from Rory.
I am in the camp of thinking River has got better the more she's been in it (I guess it must be odd when she seems overly friendly with the doctor compared to how many times we've seen her)

Someone's post just reminded me of the 'crimson, delight, eleven, petrichor' - MS is the eleventh doctor, so I wonder if that's the significance? Not sure about the others tho!
I love River. She's definitely my favourite character. I'm also firmly a fan of their relationship :P

Um to whoever asked....don't we find out who she is in episode 7 (A good man goes to war?) I think so, because she's in 3 more episodes this series including episode 7 (and the second part to it, 8) :smile:

So only just over a week to go...unless they make that the cliff hanger :eek:
Reply 3176
Original post by Stargatecrazy
I love River. She's definitely my favourite character. I'm also firmly a fan of their relationship :P

Um to whoever asked....don't we find out who she is in episode 7 (A good man goes to war?) I think so, because she's in 3 more episodes this series including episode 7 (and the second part to it, 8) :smile:

So only just over a week to go...unless they make that the cliff hanger :eek:

I think we actually find out in episode 8, although I reckon finding out who she is is gonna be part of the episode 7 cliffhanger...
My boyfriend can't stand river, as he's a massive old-who fan and particularly dislikes the idea of the doctor having a relationship. I'm quite happy with it all to be honest, I like having a mysterious romance in amongst it all, and it makes sense with river as she isn't just some human (although obviously we have no idea what/who she is yet) so a relationship would work much better than with one of the doctor's "strays".
(edited 12 years ago)
Also, why does Milton Keynes have to be so far away from where I live!! Alex Kingston will be at the Collectormania 17 convention on Sunday for anyone lucky enough to be able to get there :biggrin:
Original post by Insanespana
My boyfriend can't stand river, as he's a massive old-who fan and particularly dislikes the idea of the doctor having a relationship. I'm quite happy with it all to be honest, I like having a mysterious romance in amongst it all, and it makes sense with river as she isn't just some human (although obviously we have no idea what/who she is yet) so a relationship would work much better than with one of the doctor's "strays".

I loved how the Tardis called all his companions 'strays'.

I think she can't be just human really or I would be really unsatisfied. She knows old Gallifreyan and knows far to much about the Tardis (ok timey-wimey) and about time travel and its implications to be just a mere mortal.

Latest