The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sunnybacon
Now it's my turn to ask a question :tongue:
What did you guys put for the second part of the frog eggs question, about what effect evaporation of water had? I put the concentration of pesticide increased....
And also, what about the question asking why ten leaves were used in the experiment, measuring water loss in milligrams? For that, I put because the change in mass of one leaf is too small to measure, so ten leaves allows a significant change to be measured.

...or similar words to that effect :biggrin:

10 leaves means the average is simply a division by 10 of the total. And for the frog thing I basically wrote the same thing as you. Less water=greater concentration of pesticide.
The organism only had one large chloroplast, rather than many
Original post by NutterFrutter
74 in total, C and G went diagonally, the only one you had to work out was A for the top row which was 20.

There was 74...i got 19 for 2 can't rememba which ones not 20 :frown:
Reply 1343
Original post by jbop
Did anyone get stumped on the DNA question with the number of base pairs I probably spent longest on that one I had to draw 2 strands of DNA and everything to get my head around it!

they asked it different to past papers at first i was like :confused: but i think it was 74 pairs - i remember getting 20 and 9 and matching the ans A-T and C-G for complementary fit
Original post by EffKayy
i thought it said 70 ish..?

It did but 2 strands. so 74*2=148

Strand A was 26 26 20 20
Strand B was 19 19 9 9

I think...
Original post by Limitless
It did sorry I'm talking about number of bases.
I got 20 for the bases in the top left corner. What about you?

How can you remember? There were so many questions but i think i got 20 too.
Original post by failingatm
I hope I got the marks :afraid: Yeah I didn't even know what the diagram was tbh. :facepalm2: so failingatm.

Lol, yeah hopefully grade boundaries will be low. :afraid: But it was an easier paper than Jan 11. I feel sick now :colonhash:

I hope so, I thought it was harder than Jan 11 though, and I need 121 UMS for an A overall. I felt fine until I came on TSR >.> I hope we both did okay! :tongue:
I'm going this is just telling me how much of a failure that exam was.

Economics and Chemistry exam here I come....
Original post by nasira372
It did but 2 strands. so 74*2=148

Strand A was 26 26 20 20
Strand B was 19 19 9 9

I think...

Yep got the 19 :wink: can't rememba the others..
Original post by Limitless
No...

Yes...he is right. It was 74 but 2 strands so all the numbers should add to 148
Original post by EffKayy
K.. lol yeah it was good but you can't really say youve definately got an A. kthanksbye :P

apart from the one about more red blood cells, i think i got everything else right, remember the grade boundaries are usually 65% for an A, i got well over that by counting the marks ( potential marks ) , how did it go for you ?
Original post by lolo-x
it said 74 :smile:

74 base pairs... pairs = 2 :P
74 x 2 = 148
Original post by juliewho
I hope so, I thought it was harder than Jan 11 though, and I need 121 UMS for an A overall. I felt fine until I came on TSR >.> I hope we both did okay! :tongue:

How do you know how much you need? Do you know what the ISA grade boundary was? :afraid:

I hope we did m8!
Original post by Catchmeifyoucan
I got 53%

Well it depends on where we reado ff the graph, so its good to know other people got similer results!
Its just a friend of mine did a diffrent methord and got a very small number. (Like 0.05%ballpark)
Strand A: 26 19 9 20
Strand B: 19 26 20 9

It possibly was in a different order but this is the answer.
Original post by Catchmeifyoucan
Yep got the 19 :wink: can't rememba the others..

the bit you just quoted from someoneelse is correct, i did well on that paper mate, i reckon its an A, but as effkay said, lets not get complacent !!
Original post by sablarrr

I really dislike biology now. And the worst thing is, is that I was fairly confident that this exam would be ok. Oh how misguided was I.

Hehe, me too.
I remember last night I was imagining what it would feel like to get full marks...

...well I needn't have bothered, it isn't happening any time soon.
There was 74 base pair as there was 2 you had multilply by 2...so that dude is correct...
Original post by James A
apart from the one about more red blood cells, i think i got everything else right, remember the grade boundaries are usually 65% for an A, i got well over that by counting the marks ( potential marks ) , how did it go for you ?

The red blood cells was good.
I think i messed up on one calculation, the frog question, erm, the DNA base thing cause i didnt realise there were two strands.. woops..
But hopefully i can still get an A? \:
Original post by zimmobug
why did epo decrease blood pressure?

because the increase in red blood cells increases the volume of blood so this increases the blood pressure?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending