The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Original post by SittingOnCornflakes
Hehe, me too.
I remember last night I was imagining what it would feel like to get full marks...

...well I needn't have bothered, it isn't happening any time soon.

I was pushed for time! I could have done with another 10 minutes to check my answers tbh.

I'm not looking forward to results day

Original post by failingatm
:five: I got that answer too m8, I rounded to 3sf to be 'safe' :afraid: dunno is this is wrong tho.

:jive: Yayyyyyy. That's one answer that's right. I hope chem goes well tomorrow...
Ah man, I flopped hard. The complementry base pair question, the tissue fluid question, 2marks i misread.

Ive got 78/85 at most. + All the mistakes I will make,
Original post by EffKayy

Original post by EffKayy
im sure you'll have done fine.
My friend had 3 exams today, and i think he's still doing an R.S one now.

At least he did the RS one after the biology and not the other way round :P

I did biology around 30mins after RS ( and i wrote like 15sides in rs) so all I could remember was keywords from that exam.

Sigh, nothing I can do about it now tho...

How did you find the DNA strand Q?
Original post by sablarrr
:jive: Yayyyyyy. That's one answer that's right. I hope chem goes well tomorrow...

Oh god Chemistry... I fail so much at chemistry. :frown: :frown: :frown: Good luck m8!
Reply 1384
Original post by Limitless
Itsaid 148 base pairs(or something like that) so you had to double it to find the number of bases.

Then A pairs with T
And C pairs with G

So there must be the same number of A and T.
and C and G for each strand.

Oh no I got it in the end it just took me ages :smile:
The way I saw the DNA question was that if you imagined the 2 strands of DNA binded together, the number of Cytosines on the A strand equals the number of Guanines on the B strand. So it had to be diagonal otherwise it wouldnt make sense :s-smilie:
Reply 1386
Original post by Limitless
It did sorry I'm talking about number of bases.
I got 20 for the bases in the top left corner. What about you?

yeah i got 20 too :smile: yeyy
Original post by Catchmeifyoucan

Original post by Catchmeifyoucan
How the hell did you miss 2 whole pages out???

I missed a page and a half and had to scribble random stuff into the spaces when I realised.....

....And I had 2mins left.
Original post by zimmobug
Why did epo decrease blood pressure

Because it increased red blood cell production, so there's more cells per unit volume of blood. More cells in a higher space = higher pressure?
Original post by nasira372
It did but 2 strands. so 74*2=148

Strand A was 26 26 20 20
Strand B was 19 19 9 9

I think...

That's what I got, but I think that wrong!

Only realised this after I put my pen down at the end :mad: but the bases are not complimentary on the same strain.

So if there was 26 for 'A' on 'strand A', it would mean the 'T' would be 26, but for 'strand B'. As the two stands slot togther.

Also each stand would need to be 74 long, which strand B isn't...

Probably didn't explain that too well :redface:

I dropped so many marks, where I only realised how to do it, immediatly after the exam finished! :angry::colondollar:
Original post by becky16

Original post by becky16
yeh i found out i mucked up calculations and made stupid mistakes :frown: and now i m meant to be revising chem unit 2 ... fml

but dont worry doesnt mean everyones right on here- there can be different ans for the same questions.. :smile:

Lol somehow I got 3500% for one of the last calculating questions :s-smilie:
Am I the only one who assumed the bases to actually be a percentage out of 100?

:colondollar:
Original post by swiftylol
At least he did the RS one after the biology and not the other way round :P

I did biology around 30mins after RS ( and i wrote like 15sides in rs) so all I could remember was keywords from that exam.

Sigh, nothing I can do about it now tho...

How did you find the DNA strand Q?

I got 0 on that. But oh well.
I THOUGHT I GOT THAT RIGHTT! LMAO fml
Original post by SmithytheDrummer

Original post by SmithytheDrummer
The way I saw the DNA question was that if you imagined the 2 strands of DNA binded together, the number of Cytosines on the A strand equals the number of Guanines on the B strand. So it had to be diagonal otherwise it wouldnt make sense :s-smilie:

I did that for like 2 of them, then had to draw it out for the others, my concentration in that exam was srsly terrrrrrible.
Original post by Stratos
Am I the only one who assumed the bases to actually be a percentage out of 100?

:colondollar:

I was going to do that..
but i read the top
BUT I STILL GOT THE QUESTION WRONG.
so all is okay.
NOT :'(
Reply 1395
I liked the last question :P

Didn't really understand about that erhtyprotien question to be totally honest.. specially why it increased blood cell.

For the first time on student room.... I'm aiming for a :A: B anyways lol
Original post by Is it a bird!?
Lol somehow I got 3500% for one of the last calculating questions :s-smilie:

Permit me to use the words, "haha, epic"
I'm most uncertain about these questions:
10 Leaves measured in milligram : I put so a mean can be calculated & anomalies can be identified, as well as the mass change in 10 leaves will be more significant. The ideas contradict themselves in that for the first 2 i assumed an average was taken as a data on the graph whereas for the last 1 i assumed they are all measured as 1 set. So r.i.p for me.
EPO measured per kilogram per week : I put athletes may have different body masses, and have different length of treatment.
I put they may have different saline uptake as well but that doesn't sound right. I put it because it didn't state what the mass it was referring to, body mass? saline? r.i.p
Frog egg being small : I put so they suspend throughout the water and easily come in contact with pesticide, as well as being small, a low concentration of pesticide would have an impact already. Second one is definitely wrong, first one, i doubt it.
I thought of another explanation later on, which is, being small, frog eggs would have a greater surface area to volume ratio, allowing a greater chance of entry of pesticides? nahhh fk frogs.. they're the worst, like how they were in past papers...
Reply 1398
Original post by failingatm
Oh god Chemistry... I fail so much at chemistry. :frown: :frown: :frown: Good luck m8!

Haha, thanks man. Good luck to you too :h:
Original post by ChessMister

Original post by ChessMister
Permit me to use the words, "haha, epic"

You are permitted. I actually laughed xD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending