Scroll to see replies

Why is everyone talking about the calculation? :lolwut:
Talk about the real stuff!!!
Original post by Patchey1000

Original post by Patchey1000
or start stop codes

couldn't you have a mutation? like addition? :s
Original post by liviaaa
For the high blood pressure I put, there were more blood cells which had to be transported per second, so the ventricles contracted more strongly, increasing blood pressure??

i just put down, greater no. of red blood cell, great volume of blood.
guys it's a one marker :s-smilie:
Original post by Stratos
I know this is unrelated but worms don't have spiracles instead they have a different form of haemoglobin which I found interesting since I assumed them to be of the insect ancestry. So we're related closer to worms than to insects.

yeh i know :confused: if i metnioned worms at any point it was a mistake.
Reply 1424
Original post by Rocketeeer
i just put down, greater no. of red blood cell, great volume of blood.
guys it's a one marker :s-smilie:

yeah.. i just said if there is more EPO (or whatever it was called) then there is increased red blood cell production so a higher concentration of red blood cells so a higher pressure. it was a bit of a weird one.
i definitely got the DNA strands question but it was only two marks, i'm more worried about the last question, i can't even remember what it was about now but i wrote the completely wrong answer for sure :<
Original post by Sadii
Lol I got the same .. Except percentage increase :/ I know mines wrong though lol & hmm hope for the best.. Got the last of my 5exams of the week & same psyb2? Right...

Well I put 1.5% then I realised I needed to times it by 100, though it could be wrong altogether. I just hate the questions that require a lot of application - there was one about small eggs and evaporation of pesticides - I said it would diffuse easier as a gas but just made it up. I don't even know what psych paper it is! I know it's got psychodynamic, learning and the biological approach on it.
Original post by Rocketeeer
percentage increase : 55.6% for me

I got 55% :frown: will i get the marks do you think?
Original post by Master.K

Original post by Master.K
Why is everyone talking about the calculation? :lolwut:
Talk about the real stuff!!!

Such as?

...oh, and i failed all the calculations besides the dna strand one somehow :emo:, the fact is. I failed the percentage increase!!!!! I totally misread the graph
Original post by EmmaStokess
i definitely got the DNA strands question but it was only two marks, i'm more worried about the last question, i can't even remember what it was about now but i wrote the completely wrong answer for sure :&lt;

Wrote about Horizontal and vertical gene transmission in bacteria :indiff: basically stuffed in every single word about bacteria I knew about in my answer.

:puke:
What did people put for the table questions the one about DNA, did each row have to add up to 74???

And was it same number for A and T and C and G????

Cheers.
Thinking the grade boundary will be about 60ish?

I hope so :P
Original post by mclovin123
I got 55% :frown: will i get the marks do you think?

yea i think u will, mark scheme are often easy on the number
dun worry about it man it's just 2 mark?
plus the working counts.. right?
Original post by nasira372
Ah man, I flopped hard. The complementry base pair question, the tissue fluid question, 2marks i misread.

Ive got 78/85 at most. + All the mistakes I will make,

DUDE are you ****ing me. I made a **** load of mistakes and i missed like 2 3 markers and 3 2 markers. I think you will be fine. I just want a C :frown:
Original post by failingatm
Wrote about Horizontal and vertical gene transmission in bacteria :indiff: basically stuffed in every single word about bacteria I knew about in my answer.

:puke:

omg really? thats what i wrote about but i thought it would be wrong!
Original post by CityTrader
What did people put for the table questions the one about DNA, did each row have to add up to 74???

And was it same number for A and T and C and G????

Cheers.

A B C D

B A D C where C = 20 and others are all given
Reply 1436
Original post by liviaaa
For the high blood pressure I put, there were more blood cells which had to be transported per second, so the ventricles contracted more strongly, increasing blood pressure??

I didn't put anything like that! All I put was that it was dissolved in salt solution that leads to high blood pressure. Dunno if I'd get a Mark because I wasn't technical about it!
for the frogs egss questions, could you say anything about eutrophication to get marks?? :s-smilie:

what do you guys think grade boundaries will be for A?
the answer was 55.6% and strand a and b had each 74 bases

grade boundaries will probz be about 58 for an A from experience

loved the enzyle Qs guys
Original post by EmmaStokess
omg really? thats what i wrote about but i thought it would be wrong!

i think we also have to talk about the selection pressure the use of antibiotics exerts?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending