The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SmithytheDrummer
Could someone tell me the answers to the one about taking repeated reading for the 10mm and why it was mass per unit week :s-smilie:?

Allows comparison;(1)
as the body masses of the people differs (1)

Control group was I think:
Salt solution without the thing??(1)
Everything else the same (1)
Reply 1501
Original post by EffKayy
I WROTE THAT! I think it was on a pastpaper haha
And what were the two factors you should keep constant'?

do you mean for the question about transpiration?

i put

Temprature
wind speed
Original post by Rocketeeer
i put : faster mitotic cell division therefore damaged / lost cells of the lining are replaced at a higher rate

I kinda ish just wrote
Faster G1 , S1, G2 .
(explaining what they are)
So what did everyone put about the frogs eggs and the pesticide question?
Reply 1504
Hey, hope everyones test went well. One thing i dont get is how some people got the percentage increase when the number went from 4 to 19 (i think thats what someone said) as 55.56%? I read the numbers as 4.4 to 20 and worked out the percentage increase to 354.5%... Help :s-smilie:
Reply 1505
hey guys..firstly..what is this percentage question about MRSA..dont recall it?
also in regards to the second question about the benefits of starch as carbohydrate..i started to write abot insolubility and crossed it out and simply wrote about water portentical beign lower due to starch presence causing water to enter by osmosis?im guessing i am completely off point??FML
Original post by EffKayy
Allows comparison;(1)
as the body masses of the people differs (1)

Control group was I think:
Salt solution without the thing??(1)
Everything else the same (1)

What about why they measure it per week? I got those two, but they asked why it was per certain time too.
Original post by parallal
For the very last question about bacteria and antibiotics. The question just said selection but that just means natural selection right? I hope so, cause that's what I wrote....

i think they want you to refer to selection pressure, where non-resistant bacteria are killed and resistant ones survive and reproduce.. blah blah blah
Why was there nothing on xylem and water transport through platns?! I revised that soo much :frown:
Original post by nish1992
Hey, hope everyones test went well. One thing i dont get is how some people got the percentage increase when the number went from 4 to 19 (i think thats what someone said) as 55.56%? I read the numbers as 4.4 to 20 and worked out the percentage increase to 354.5%... Help :s-smilie:

I got 4 to 9, not 19.
gotta say this didnt go to well...
Original post by FML123
hey guys..firstly..what is this percentage question about MRSA..dont recall it?
also in regards to the second question about the benefits of starch as carbohydrate..i started to write abot insolubility and crossed it out and simply wrote about water portentical beign lower due to starch presence causing water to enter by osmosis?im guessing i am completely off point??FML

Scores 0 unfortunately.
Original post by ChessMister
lugworms are gay

They are actually Hermaphroditic.:teehee:
Original post by Rocketeeer
i put : faster mitotic cell division therefore damaged / lost cells of the lining are replaced at a higher rate

Yep, I wrote something similar. "cells divide by faster so new cells are produced faster to replace old cells, as friction from products of digestion damage/remove cells from the intestine wall"

I have a habit of not wording things as simplistic as possible :rolleyes:
it went from 4 to 9
not 4 to 19
such an easy exam, lol joke all how science works. gonna have low grade boundaries though
Original post by Moonlight19
What about why they measure it per week? I got those two, but they asked why it was per certain time too.

different length of the course of treatment?
Original post by Midnight_sun
Why was there nothing on xylem and water transport through platns?! I revised that soo much :frown:

URGGH! I know right!
All those HOURS I spent trying to learn the cohesion-tension theory and apoplastic/symplastic ways by heart. I think I might resit this unit JUST so I get to write about those.
Reply 1518
Original post by simey
do you mean for the question about transpiration?

i put

Temprature
wind speed

:| i thought it was talking about it in relation to the experiment so i tote size of leaves & amount of grease on leaves in group B :confused:
Off to revise Chemistry Unit 2 now.

Quick Reply