The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JSLCampbell
You had to write the total time in minutes remember.

774 minutes :smile:

lol i got something like 12 000 major fail :rolleyes::angry:
Original post by Rocketeeer
i put : faster mitotic cell division therefore damaged / lost cells of the lining are replaced at a higher rate

Yeah, I guessed and put the cells have a short life span so need to have fast cell deivision to replace the cells lost

I know its really badly worded but along the right lines.. do you think it'll be okay??
Reply 1562
Original post by Midnight_sun

Why was there nothing on xylem and water transport through platns?! I revised that soo much :frown:

Same I spent all of yesterday revising plants and nothign else. Then everything except plants comes up. :frown:
i wish someone would close this thread :-w
Original post by spoinkytheduck
Yeah, I guessed and put the cells have a short life span so need to have fast cell deivision to replace the cells lost

I know its really badly worded but along the right lines.. do you think it'll be okay??

Yes ! thats exactly what i wrote :smile:
Original post by tdb123
^^ Sneaky mistake: The question asked for the time in minutes, not hours and minutes.

You sure; I looked for that but didn't see any units

ahh nvm
Reply 1566
Original post by EffKayy
Allows comparison;(1)
as the body masses of the people differs (1)

Control group was I think:
Salt solution without the thing??(1)
Everything else the same (1)

if you just say give them a placebo, otherwise treat them the same as the other group, how many marks??

Ahh nooooooooo... I thought it was to the nearest minute :frown:
Original post by spoinkytheduck

I think it'd probably get 1/2 marks, because it's right, but AQA love their fancy key words. Maybe if you have a nice marker :wink:
:mad: I KNOWW!!! dont remind me of cohesion tension! i wrote so many notes on gills and adhesion and the stupid endodermis and casparian strip!! and then we get questions about FROGS!! AQA <<<<< :angry:

Frogs would have been better. This was on FLIPPIN' EGGS! FROG EGGS!
Funnily enough, frogs were on some past paper, lol
Don't even mention the gills and casparian strip and what not :frown:
Original post by Alex J
emphasis on the word PREFER. both get you the mark.

What about conjugation tunnel... D:
Original post by Alex J
if you just say give them a placebo, otherwise treat them the same as the other group, how many marks??

thats fine too :smile: 2.
Reply 1572
Original post by cleo101
what did anyone get for the tissue fluid question?

Returned in 3 ways:

1. Osmosis directly back into the capillaries, since there is a lower water potential in the capillaries created by proteins in theblood

2. hydrostatic pressure from the tissue fluid on the capillaries at the venule end and because the capillaries have lost their tissue fluid already, this decreases in the capillary so tissue fluid is forced back in

3. lymphatic system
Original post by Alex J

1 mark.

- Only saline (salt) solution
- Otherwise treated exactly the same

[2 marks]

Reply 1575
I'm confused. I thought unit 2 was last week?
My friends took this unit last week... I'm sure, at the same time I did unit 3..
Reply 1576
Original post by britash
I watched that video :P Haha XD

The one where he was playing football? *well trying to*

Haha it was creepy right??
Reply 1577
Well I must have read the percentage question very wrong. Got 250%
Original post by Alex J

We got drilled into our heads that "placebo" alone wouldn't gain you a mark. You probably had to explain that they have to be injected with the salt solution without the EPO in it, AND "otherwise the same".
Idk, I'm no fancy AQA marker though, lol
Original post by NutterFrutter
1 mark.

- Only saline (salt) solution
- Otherwise treated exactly the same

[2 marks]

Let's stop pretending we're reading from an official mark scheme, and doling out marks like some kind of AQA God

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending