The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kisskoli
i did :colondollar: cos its what our teacher said...that if u want to write a diff between animals and plants, that it has to specifically be CELLULOSE cell walls
she could be wrong tho, which is why i added a question mark to the end when i posted it lol

probably tawkin about bacteria
I think it'd be unfair if they doc marks for saying cell wall as a difference. Right from Key Stage 2 we get it drilled into us that animal cells don't have cell walls

Examining boards always bitch about how they're not trying to trick you.
Original post by Kisskoli
i did :colondollar: cos its what our teacher said...that if u want to write a diff between animals and plants, that it has to specifically be CELLULOSE cell walls
she could be wrong tho, which is why i added a question mark to the end when i posted it lol

You wouldn't of had to write cellulose cell wall in today's paper, as on the paper it had cell wall clearly labelled out, and the question just asked which of these isn't in a animal cell.
Original post by Kaylaleigh
I need a high A in this paper, got a D in the ISA, and a high A in January. It's possible to get an A overall, but if not I can retake the ISA next year.

I got a high C probably in the ISA, I'll be retaking for sure! :biggrin:
Original post by Wick3d
Eh, where on the paper was the word eukaryote mentioned?

it had a nucleus so its eukaryotic
Stages for mitosis?
Reply 1646
Nevermind cell wall you had about 4 other things to write <3
Original post by EffKayy

What was the question asking? :s-smilie:
Original post by ReMos
Nevermind cell wall you had about 4 other things to write <3

if by 4 you mean 2, you are correct!
Original post by Unbiased Opinion
Losing 30 marks will either get you a high B or low A so it's all good. :smile:

Same, I dont know... I know I've lost at least 6 marks and that's just from what I've gone through but meh, at least it's done! :smile:

Yeh but I need a high A to get an A overall :frown: Hopefully I'm being harsh on myself, basically took away every "suggest.." mark lol

True, but I'll probably have to resit knowing my luck >.<
Reply 1650

thats when the protoctistans come in and whenever you think nucleous=eukaryotic they budge in and make you feel bad ~
the more I look on here, the more I realise I got wrong and the worse I feel... :frown:

But I just cant stop reading!!! :eek:

Really need to do some chem now too...:colondollar:
Original post by swiftylol
Stages for mitosis?

m = equator SHIZZ
a = spindles get thicker and smaller, chromatids, ends. etc.

CBA discussing easy mitosis :L
BTW, when people are stating "58" for A etc, are you talking about UMS? or raw grade boundary? What would an A in UMS usually be?
Original post by Wick3d
What was the question asking? :s-smilie:

why there's more amino acids or bases? not sure
It was introns.
Original post by Wick3d
I got a high C probably in the ISA, I'll be retaking for sure! :biggrin:

I hate the ISA's though. I had to do the second one on my own as I was on the french exchange, measuring bloody leaves at lunch time with all the lower school laughing when they passed :angry:
MAde up my results in the end. Probably didn't help me lol.
Original post by ChessMister
Not a personal attack, but from experience it can be very unnerving when people give out marks that they perceive to be from the markscheme. Often they don't reflect what is actually on the markscheme; I was worried for about 2 months after unit 1 biology as when I looked at a thread on here I thought I must have lost "X" marks, which would give me a B, when in fact I got a comfortable A.

This is true. The examiners have a standardisation meeting where they take a sample of scripts and consider alternative answers that are not covered by the mark scheme but which are nonetheless valid, which makes predicting or trying to draw up an 'unofficial' mark scheme all the more difficult.
Original post by JSLCampbell
BTW, when people are stating "58" for A etc, are you talking about UMS? or raw grade boundary? What would an A in UMS usually be?

raw. I think it may be 1-2 marks lower than june2010 as they had more hsw questions. Hope so anyways.
Original post by JSLCampbell

Raw grade boundary. An A in UMS is always the same i.e. 112 out of 140.
Original post by ChemistryProNOT
I was wondering how people did actually conclude it was 9 because the graph went up like, 0,2,4,6,8,10 and it was 0.4 for each graduation so 9 would have been a point that did not actually lie on the line and I'm sure it did lie on a line. However, nobody else seems to have got this so I'm obviously talking absolute nonsense haha!

Yeah, I read it as 9.2 on the line...

I did (17.6-9.2/9.2) x 100 :/
and got 91%.......

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending