The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Law. Oxford Brookes. Anyone.

? Who has firmed for law at Oxford Brookes.
Hey! Im going Brookes this year as well. Shame I'm not on your course. :frown:
Meet Up?:biggrin::wink::colone:
Btw do you have any grapes?
..or do you play synth?!:eek:
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 2
I'm going to (haven't been brave enough to make the FINAL DECISIVE CLICK yet!) make it my insurance.

Perhaps I'll see you.
Original post by HannNNNAAARRR
Hey! Im going Brookes this year as well. Shame I'm not on your course. :frown:
Meet Up?:biggrin::wink::colone:
Btw do you have any grapes?
..or do you play synth?!:eek:

:K: .
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
I've confirmed my place at Oxford Brookes to study Law... see you there! Are you on YouGo.co.uk ?
Reply 5
hey, i got OB as a firm choice and am doing law.

=]

am on yougo is anyone wants to add me, it would be great to get to know people before we start. find me under Chiedza Nyatsambo
=]
Hello Future Law students! I'm in my first year right now and should certainly be studying for my Tort and Public Exam right now - but everything to avoid revision aye. Quote me if you have any questions
Reply 7
I've chose oxford brookes as my firm for law too! :smile:x
Reply 8
Original post by ibelongtoslytherin
Hello Future Law students! I'm in my first year right now and should certainly be studying for my Tort and Public Exam right now - but everything to avoid revision aye. Quote me if you have any questions

hey, how have you founding the year so far? is it everything you expexted it to be?
=]

Chez
Reply 9
Original post by ellysophia
I've chose oxford brookes as my firm for law too! :smile:x

=] You on Yougo?
feel free to add me on facebook. Need to get to know people before I go =]

Chez (Chiedza Nyatsambo):smile:
Original post by chezz
hey, how have you founding the year so far? is it everything you expexted it to be?
=]

Chez

First year as a Fresher or as a Law student? Well, as a fresher its pretty good! You meet some amazing people and just generally enjoy your last year of proper freedom. It's different for everyone. If you're the type of person who doesn't like going out and just stays in all the time, then you won't get the full freshers experience. Trust me, studying Law isn't that demanding (especially first year) and you will have a lot of time to go out and have plenty of excuses to miss some lectures and seminars (I took this a bit too far!).
As a law student, it was alright. First year is usually quite boring since you don't get to pick your favourite modules. However, it isn't too bad. In the first week you attend all lectures and seminars, do all the reading and take notes, but then you don't care anymore and turn up hungover the majority of the time. But I would recommend it! I certainly don't regret picking Brookes for Law
Reply 11

First year as a Fresher or as a Law student? Well, as a fresher its pretty good! You meet some amazing people and just generally enjoy your last year of proper freedom. It's different for everyone. If you're the type of person who doesn't like going out and just stays in all the time, then you won't get the full freshers experience. Trust me, studying Law isn't that demanding (especially first year) and you will have a lot of time to go out and have plenty of excuses to miss some lectures and seminars (I took this a bit too far!).
As a law student, it was alright. First year is usually quite boring since you don't get to pick your favourite modules. However, it isn't too bad. In the first week you attend all lectures and seminars, do all the reading and take notes, but then you don't care anymore and turn up hungover the majority of the time. But I would recommend it! I certainly don't regret picking Brookes for Law

lol thats good to know..taken all my worries awayy =]
hopefully i enjoy it as much as that but not too much
thankk you
huess i might cya there in September then
chez x
Reply 12

Hello, what books are on the reading list? As I would like to buy them in advance as I've got an unconditional place and therefore defo going. Glad you're enjoying it - very relieved! Also, which accommodation are you at and what is it and the other accommodation like?

Thanks for your help! :smile: xx
Original post by Rlulub
Hello, what books are on the reading list? As I would like to buy them in advance as I've got an unconditional place and therefore defo going. Glad you're enjoying it - very relieved! Also, which accommodation are you at and what is it and the other accommodation like?

Hiya!
Well we were asked to buy the latest editions - that was last year so you will probably have to get the same ones unless there are newer editions. Even if there are, there wont be much difference.
I've bought everything on the reading list except for Introduction to Human Rights - since it was very unneccessary.

So:
Legal Method - 'Legal Skills' by Finch & Fafinski (2nd Edition) + 'Introduction to the english legal system' by Partington (2010 - 2011)

Public Law - 'Constitutional and Administrative Law' by A V Bradley & KD Ewing (15th Edition)

Tort Law - 'Law of Tort' by Cooke (9th Edition) + 'Casebook on Torts' by Richard Kidner (11th Edition)

Contract Law - 'Law of Contract' by Richards (9th Edition) + 'Casebook on Contract Law' by Jill Poole (10th Edition)

Hope that helps!
Original post by Rlulub

Completely forgot to answer the other questions!
I lived in Clive Booth Ensuite. Was okay - exactly what you would expect student accomm to be like. Rooms are average, ensuite is alright ish. Compared to Clive Booth non ensuite, its luxury! The only other accomm ive seen is Cheney which isn't that different from Clive Booth. It just seems a bit cleaner and more modern!
Reply 15
Hi there everyone.. just out of curiosity.. I just finished AS level and I want to do Law and Politics.. I reckon I got BBC this year at AS and and I should complete A level with ABBC.. (fourth one ICT a 2 year course).. but I only got a C in English and I was thinking to apply to both Law and Politics combined honours and Law single honours but will I get a conditional offer for Law or not because of my English C grade GCSE thanks!!
Reply 16
Hey all,

Thinking of applying to do Law at Oxford Brookes in September 2012 and was wondering how good it is for Law? (haven't been to an open day yet,but plan to!)
Also, do you get the qualifying law degree? Thanks!:smile: and how well is it regarded when applying for jobs?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 17

Hi, did you have to 'choose' your modules at the start of the year? I really don't get what that's about because I thought all modules were compulsory in the first year. Cheers.
Original post by crazyebony
Hi, did you have to 'choose' your modules at the start of the year? I really don't get what that's about because I thought all modules were compulsory in the first year. Cheers.

You do not get to pick your modules in your first year! That's for certain. You do however get to pick your modules for second and third year (unless you want a QLD in which case 4 modules will be compulsory - and you can pick the rest). Nothing you have to worry about right now :smile:
Reply 19
You do not get to pick your modules in your first year! That's for certain. You do however get to pick your modules for second and third year (unless you want a QLD in which case 4 modules will be compulsory - and you can pick the rest). Nothing you have to worry about right now :smile:

That cleared a lot, thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending