The Student Room Group

OCR AS - Chemistry Unit F322 - Chains, energy and resource - REVISION!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by EternalDoom
(2.5 x 10^5) x 4 (as there are 4 moles of NO) x -909kJmol^-1

i figured out, in fact it is the opposite of what u said.

(2.5 x 10^5)/4 x 909
Original post by sixthformer

Do you have to draw dots on your radicals or not

also, when do you draw these dots

some mark schemes take away marks for drawing dots on radicals, some penalise you for not drawing them

what!

some say ignore yeah, but which papers say penalise?
Last exam, woo! :biggrin:

But, haven't done much revision.
Reply 383
Sitting here doing past papers for the first time. I quite like these calculation questions. These 11 mark questions... not so much
Reply 384
Original post by YingYang
Sitting here doing past papers for the first time. I quite like these calculation questions. These 11 mark questions... not so much

I'm the opposite :biggrin:
Reply 385
Original post by lolo-x
if anyone wants to see some notes, i've attached mine here :smile: and pleeease let me know if there's anything wrong or missing that i need to know about!

Thanks for the great notes.

I hate this exam i did it last year and got a D, then when I did theexma in Jan and I got exactly the same mark
Reply 386
Do you have to draw dots on your radicals or not

also, when do you draw these dots

some mark schemes take away marks for drawing dots on radicals, some penalise you for not drawing them

what!

Our teacher was surprised when we did not have to draw radicals for some reactions, I didn't know you can be penalised!
Reply 387
Original post by High VOLTAGE
some say ignore yeah, but which papers say penalise?

I know in all the papers i have done, they say ignore all dots for the ocr A papers. So if you put them in, they might change their marking criteria, but if they dont, they wont look at it. I put them in anyway, just in case they change it for tomorrow.

Original post by YingYang

I must be one of the few people that love the long questions at the end of the paper. I like the questions when they ask you to draw the Boltsmann distribution and enthalpy profile diagram for a catalysed reaction-easy 7-8 marks there for me. I think the identifying compounds questions at the end, like when they give you data like mass spectrometry, infrared spectroscopy etc, are pretty good as well. But that is probably just me....
Reply 388
proper hate the long questions. never structure them properly. its where i lose my marks :frown:
Original post by Jim Lee
I know in all the papers i have done, they say ignore all dots for the ocr A papers. So if you put them in, they might change their marking criteria, but if they dont, they wont look at it. I put them in anyway, just in case they change it for tomorrow.

I must be one of the few people that love the long questions at the end of the paper. I like the questions when they ask you to draw the Boltsmann distribution and enthalpy profile diagram for a catalysed reaction-easy 7-8 marks there for me. I think the identifying compounds questions at the end, like when they give you data like mass spectrometry, infrared spectroscopy etc, are pretty good as well. But that is probably just me....

Can you please explain to me how you work out The Molecular formula of a compound using mass spectrometry i under the peak ion gives you the Mr of it but the other bits really confuse me
Reply 390
if anyone wants to see some notes, i've attached mine here and pleeease let me know if there's anything wrong or missing that i need to know about! :smile:
Reply 391
I hope we get a question on the Cahn-Ingold-Prelog nomenclature, its the one thing i really understand!
Reply 392
Original post by Jim Lee

huh which paper asks about Boltsmann distribution ???
Reply 393
Original post by naza911
Thanks for the great notes.

I hate this exam i did it last year and got a D, then when I did theexma in Jan and I got exactly the same mark

oh dear, fingers crossed for tomorrow then! have you done all the past papers?
Reply 394
Original post by breed77
I hope we get a question on the Cahn-Ingold-Prelog nomenclature, its the one thing i really understand!

what is that?! do you just mean naming things?
Reply 395
Original post by shyro1000
proper hate the long questions. never structure them properly. its where i lose my marks :frown:

You don't need any structure, just bullet point and make sure you use equations. As our chemistry teacher says, "if you wanted to write essays you should have taken a namby pamby subject like english or history"
Reply 396
Original post by breed77
You don't need any structure, just bullet point and make sure you use equations. As our chemistry teacher says, "if you wanted to write essays you should have taken a namby pamby subject like english or history"

haha ours is just like that, even says social science isnt science xD she's awesome
il remember that, thanks
Reply 397
Original post by lolo-x
if anyone wants to see some notes, i've attached mine here and pleeease let me know if there's anything wrong or missing that i need to know about! :smile:

It looks great, thanks :smile:
Reply 398
Original post by breed77

Same... and I do English aswell.. :rolleyes: :tongue: lol

But bullet points FTW<3
Reply 399
Original post by breed77

what the hell is that?:confused:

Quick Reply

Latest