The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Frogs eggs; discuss.
Reply 1781
Original post by Midnight_sun
how about stop start bases?

Never heard them called that, I'd guess you'd have to put start & stop codons, or introns.

Whoever put minisatellites, aren't they like unit 5 biology lol?
Reply 1782
Original post by Jorgeyy
Frogs eggs; discuss.

what was up with that question?! I didn't have a clue about the whole frogs has small eggs thing... messed it up :P
Reply 1783
Original post by Jorgeyy
Frogs eggs; discuss.

Frogs eggs = small, this means large SA:Vol ratio. So the pesticide chemicals can diffuse into the eggs and have the negative effects.

Evaporation one I went for: More water loss from eggs as water evaporates, so they bring in more water via osmosis, the water is polluted, so speeds up the process.
Hey what did people put as the % increase? I am not sure if it was 62% or 55.55%?
Reply 1785
Original post by M | k e
Frogs eggs = small, this means large SA:Vol ratio. So the pesticide chemicals can diffuse into the eggs and have the negative effects.

Evaporation one I went for: More water loss from eggs as water evaporates, so they bring in more water via osmosis, the water is polluted, so speeds up the process.

yeah... I definitely messed up there :/
Reply 1786
Original post by SnookerLoopy
Hey what did people put as the % increase? I am not sure if it was 62% or 55.55%?

I got 55.6 %
Whats with all these goddam frogs coming up in these papers??? :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1788
Original post by SnookerLoopy

It was like 55.5555555, so I guess 55.6 or 55.56 is best :tongue:.
what about the graph on MRSA and why it isnt clear all incidences of death are due to MRSA? :s
Original post by ellen-marie1992
what about the graph on MRSA and why it isnt clear all incidences of death are due to MRSA? :s

I said because the other infections may kill people so hard to see if it was just MRSA?
And for the similar shape i wrote about competitive inhibitors, etc.. :s-smilie:
Urgh i'm frustratedd =( I think i effed up the whole leaf question.
Original post by ellen-marie1992

correlation doesn't mean cause
Reply 1793
Original post by ??????????????????
I said because the other infections may kill people so hard to see if it was just MRSA?

Think I went for something along those lines, it said in the paragraph it may kill people who are seriously ill. So figured alot of the deaths could of just been down to the other serious illnesses, hard to tell :tongue:.

Found the 1 marker questions the hardest to actually answer in the paper >.<

thanx bro , have you got summarised notes on unit 4, many thanx.
1 markers are always the hardest.
Such as why synthetic EPO (or whatever) increased blood pressure?!
Original post by EffKayy
And for the similar shape i wrote about competitive inhibitors, etc.. :s-smilie:

same broski
was that wrong?
Reply 1797
Original post by M | k e
Think I went for something along those lines, it said in the paragraph it may kill people who are seriously ill. So figured alot of the deaths could of just been down to the other serious illnesses, hard to tell :tongue:.

Found the 1 marker questions the hardest to actually answer in the paper >.<

The question was about how its hard to identify its MRSA-so i said it could be a disease that is also resistant to methicillin but isnt MRSA.

And i found the 1 mark q's quite odd as well. I don't think i got the "why is it better to use 10 leaves when dealing with micrograms" one.
Original post by Jim Lee
The question was about how its hard to identify its MRSA-so i said it could be a disease that is also resistant to methicillin but isnt MRSA.

And i found the 1 mark q's quite odd as well. I don't think i got the &quot;why is it better to use 10 leaves when dealing with micrograms&quot; one.

- I said identified anomolies in results ?
Original post by jim lee
the question was about how its hard to identify its mrsa-so i said it could be a disease that is also resistant to methicillin but isnt mrsa.

And i found the 1 mark q's quite odd as well. I don't think i got the "why is it better to use 10 leaves when dealing with micrograms" one.

i know
i was like wtf do i write so i just wrote "it allows easy comparison" which is obviously wrong. Aqa are the bane of my life.

Quick Reply

Latest