The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

lost 5 marks so far :/
Reply 1801
Original post by EffKayy
i know
i was like wtf do i write so i just wrote "it allows easy comparison" which is obviously wrong. Aqa are the bane of my life.

me too! Thank god it's over with for now, OCR chem next :/
Original post by ellen-marie1992
1 markers are always the hardest.
Such as why synthetic EPO (or whatever) increased blood pressure?!

WHO KNOWS..
That is why we cannot make an unofficial markscheme with AQA.
Reply 1803

I just guessed that was because it increases RBC production, more stuff in the same amount of space inevitably = higher pressure :tongue:.

Only question on paper I couldn't be bothered to think through was why they used unit per mass and unit per time or something. Had lost the will to think through these crappy questions by then and just wrote some dribble :P.
- I said identified anomolies in results ?

I wrote that!
Original post by maymaymo
yeah it was 3, I didn't mention diffusion but osmosis instead?

yes osmosis is correct, i didnt mention hydrostatic pressure but mentioned ozmosis and lymphatic system, hopefully that will get me 3 marks :s-smilie:
Original post by EffKayy
WHO KNOWS..
That is why we cannot make an unofficial markscheme with AQA.

well, has someone offered a better answer than the competitive inhibitors question?
Reply 1807
Original post by Jim Lee
The question was about how its hard to identify its MRSA-so i said it could be a disease that is also resistant to methicillin but isnt MRSA.

And i found the 1 mark q's quite odd as well. I don't think i got the "why is it better to use 10 leaves when dealing with micrograms" one.

It would of been fine if it just said use 10 leaves, I didn't really get the relevance of the measurement though. I just said increases reliability, being able to use a mean etc :|.
For the frogs eggs one I failed greatly. I put since they are small they are overlooked by the pesticide sprayers and so are attacked by the pesticide....

DOH
*epic double face palm moment*
Original post by M | k e
It would of been fine if it just said use 10 leaves, I didn't really get the relevance of the measurement though. I just said increases reliability, being able to use a mean etc :|.

This paper seemed trickier than the june2010 paper. ..
Original post by Insanity514
For the frogs eggs one I failed greatly. I put since they are small they are overlooked by the pesticide sprayers and so are attacked by the pesticide....

DOH
*epic double face palm moment*

LOL I wrote some crap shizz too.. forgot about sa:v
Reply 1811
Original post by EffKayy

I didn't find the June 2010 paper too bad when we went through it in class.
There was nothing on classification! I wanted it to come up !

For that one, I put that EPO increases the number of red blood cells in the body, so there are more red blood cells in a given amount of space, which results in a pressure increase.

Some of the stuff on there was really random though... ah well, that's what the 65% grade boundaries are for :rolleyes:
Same thing that always happens when I do these aqa biology exams

I open the paper thinking wooop easy Q's Lol.....

...Only to be stuck on the sneaky 1 markers and HSW nonsense thruout the paper D:

Hopefully got an A, but who knows?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by M | k e
I just guessed that was because it increases RBC production, more stuff in the same amount of space inevitably = higher pressure :tongue:.

- Sounds right, i said more RBC so when elastic tissues layer expands during cardiac systole this increases it but only 1 mark so that's a tangent. So nervous :frown:
Reply 1815
[QUOTE="ellen-marie1992;31735714"]
Original post by M | k e

- Sounds right, i said more RBC so when elastic tissues layer expands during cardiac systole this increases it but only 1 mark so that's a tangent. So nervous :frown:

did blood vessels come up?!
Reply 1816
Original post by EffKayy

Seen alot of people saying they found it easier than usual though. I agree with you though probably, the actual biology side of it wasn't really bad, but there just seemed to be alot more 1/2 markers that were hsw all over the place, and alot of them were pretty awkward to find what they were looking for.
Original post by Kidneyjean
For that one, I put that EPO increases the number of red blood cells in the body, so there are more red blood cells in a given amount of space, which results in a pressure increase.

Some of the stuff on there was really random though... ah well, that's what the 65% grade boundaries are for :rolleyes:

- so what is the grade boundary for 'A' and 'B' do you know? I got a C last year and revised a fair amount this year and doesnt seem to have paid off
Original post by maymaymo
I got 55.6 %

do you think 56% is ok? i wrote 56 on the answer line but in my working out i left it as 55.5 :confused:
Reply 1819
Original post by Midnight_sun
do you think 56% is ok? i wrote 56 on the answer line but in my working out i left it as 55.5 :confused:

You'll be fine, AQA are normally more lenient on sig figs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending