The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1820
[QUOTE="maymaymo;31735741"]
Original post by ellen-marie1992

did blood vessels come up?!

Not directly from what I remember, there was just a question why the pressure in blood vessels would increase when that synthetic EPO was administered (for 1 mark). And the question about tissue fluid was vaguely related. Nothing about structure from what I remember though :tongue:.

(Or was there one name 2 differences between artery and vein? Or was that a practice paper I did :P )
Reply 1821
[QUOTE="e;31735834" M="M" |="|" k="k"]
Original post by maymaymo

Not directly from what I remember, there was just a question why the pressure in blood vessels would increase when that synthetic EPO was administered (for 1 mark). And the question about tissue fluid was vaguely related. Nothing about structure from what I remember though :tongue:.

(Or was there one name 2 differences between artery and vein? Or was that a practice paper I did :P )

oh I got the tissue fluid one, but I was totally lost about the blood vessels, said something about how there was now more RBC so the heart had to pump harder due to more cells in the blood.

Woah now you're scaring me, I don't think structure of blood vessels came up or else I missed easy marks ;P
[QUOTE="e;31735834" M="M" |="|" k="k"]
Original post by maymaymo

that would have been the past paper i remember that wasnt todays
Reply 1823
Original post by M | k e
Frogs eggs = small, this means large SA:Vol ratio. So the pesticide chemicals can diffuse into the eggs and have the negative effects.

Evaporation one I went for: More water loss from eggs as water evaporates, so they bring in more water via osmosis, the water is polluted, so speeds up the process.

I dont think it really speeds up the process
I think is the concentration of the pesticides increase

since only less volume of h2o in the pond but the amount of pesticides keep the same
For the high pressure one I put the heart pumps harder and has to contract more as the mass of the blood increases due to the new cells. etc
Original post by swiftylol
Same thing that always happens when I do these aqa biology exams

I open the paper thinking wooop easy Q's Lol.....

...Only to be stuck on the sneaky 1 markers and HSW nonsense thruout the paper D:

Hopefully got an A, but who knows?

LOL
you will
which questions did you get wrong?
Original post by Insanity514
For the high pressure one I put the heart pumps harder and has to contract more as the mass of the blood increases due to the new cells. etc

sameeeeeeeeeee!! :smile:
What did you guys put for why older people are more prone to C Difficile...

Out of interest, who else actually underlined the name (obviously, it's pretty hard writing in italics)?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Reminisce

Out interest, who else actually underlined the name (obviously, it's pretty hard writing in italics)?

I wrote that they're more immunosupressed :s-smilie:
Reply 1829
that older people would have a weaker immune system , hence more likely need to be treated for illnesses/diseases with antibiotics.
Reply 1830
Original post by H2SO4
I dont think it really speeds up the process
I think is the concentration of the pesticides increase

since only less volume of h2o in the pond but the amount of pesticides keep the same

Could of been, guess it depends how much evaporation, I imagine ponds pretty big and evaporation wouldn't have a huge effect on that.

I was going more off say transpiration in a leaf, the more heat/evaporation, increased water loss and more gets taken up. And in animals, sweating etc, evaporation, more needs to be taken up.

No idea what eggs do exactly to lose water, just kinda went along the same sort of lines though :tongue:.

Was only 1 mark anyway wasn't it? Either answer seems to make sense to me.
Original post by EffKayy

Original post by EffKayy
LOL
you will
which questions did you get wrong?

Missed like 2 questions due to running out of time, were like 2markers tho

Rushed the athlete question, and the ones after it because I missed the page (this was when the invid was like "5 mins left, so I looked thru my paper, only to find I had a page missing)

Misread the graph, so failed the percentage increase even tho I was sure I got it correct? :eek:

Misread the cell cyle question, so I got that wrong (x8) :L

My concentration must have been worse then I thought
Original post by poiuy
that older people would have a weaker immune system , hence more likely need to be treated for illnesses/diseases with antibiotics.

Yeah I put that and the fact that in their lifetime they may have come into contact with more antibiotics so either the C Difficile becomes more resistant or more of the harmless bacteria are killed resulting in even less competition.

Out interest, who else actually underlined the name (obviously, it's pretty hard writing in italics)?

I underlined it aswell, wrote something like their cells which compete with the bacteria thingy have died out so there will be no competition etc etc.
Reply 1834

Oh yeah you are supposed to underline in classification for correctness haha.. No way will there be any marks off for that though :tongue:. I didn't :smile:.

I just said they're more likely to be suffering from an illness that requires antibiotics = less competition for the bacteria = more likely to feel effects of them kinda thing.
why does first Q every1 write cell walls which is not 100% sfae

just put chloropalsts and starch storage lol
Original post by swiftylol
Missed like 2 questions due to running out of time, were like 2markers tho

Rushed the athlete question, and the ones after it because I missed the page (this was when the invid was like "5 mins left, so I looked thru my paper, only to find I had a page missing)

Misread the graph, so failed the percentage increase even tho I was sure I got it correct? :eek:

Misread the cell cyle question, so I got that wrong (x8) :L

My concentration must have been worse then I thought

Everyone here read it as '4', but i thought it was a decimal. Which I strongly believe is right :smile:

I got the cell cycle wrong too,and the base pairings, and also... the FISH question (oh god, 0 AND 0 for that).
Rest should be fine hopefully
OH WAIT. AND THE LEAF QUESTION!
:L
Original post by EffKayy
sameeeeeeeeeee!! :smile:

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :smile:
Gutted symplast and apoplastic pathway didn't come up :frown:
Original post by EffKayy
WHO KNOWS..
That is why we cannot make an unofficial markscheme with AQA.

I wrote that it increases the vicosity of the blood and therefore the heart has to pump more powerfully (therefore exerting more pressure) to move it.

I know I spelt vicosity wrong though. Google Chrome is telling me :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending