Your signature is disturbing :emo:

What's it from?
Original post by Bella Occhi
Your signature is disturbing :emo:

What's it from?

Disturbing, but you can't help but look at it. :indiff:

Event Horizon. :tongue:

Original post by dni2011
which course are you doing? im going for the MSc Engineering project management in civil engineering...

Negged for quoting someone regarding Leodis? Usually I'm not too bothered, but this is a little odd. Do you have a vendetta against it of some sort? :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by PhilosophyIsMyGame
Sorry I took sooo long to reply it was my 18th on Wednesday so I've been super busy! Oh no really, I think its natural for us all to have doubts! But now I've changed I feel a lot happier and comparing CD and HP makes me realise that CD was the best choice by far! :biggrin:

Oh yeah I finished my student finance too, it took soooo long but I'm all sorted! Ah I hope you make your choice! Let me know what it is and if your stuck let me no and I'll help you :smile:xx

Happy birthday :smile: , theres no need to apologize lol, I hope u had a good time, how did u celebrate ur 18th? I recently turned 18 too, the day before the royal wedding was my bday so I got a loongg bday weekend :biggrin: i had a barbecue round my house and I went paintballing the day before the barbecue, my last childish act before I was officially an adult lol :rolleyes: My friends and I are saving the clubbing for after exams as something to look forward to when this is finally all over

I'm gonna leave my choice as hp for now, do my exams, then after when I have a bit more time I'll reconsider make sure I make the right choice, and I'll keep u posted when I do :smile:
Original post by Mask Of Sanity
I met a girl currently at Leodis and she's really enjoying herself. :top:

Oh okay, was she the person who showed you around? Did you get to talk to her about what the social scene and community feel is like at leodis?
Original post by -Christabel-
Oh okay, was she the person who showed you around? Did you get to talk to her about what the social scene and community feel is like at leodis?

Nah. Was a patient. :tongue: And a friend who came with her was also a first year at Leeds but I've forgotten which halls she was staying in - James Baillie I think? They both echoed that it's more about the people you end up with and how much effort you put in to get involved. Because Leodis is larger though, unlike other halls she mentioned you don't get to know everyone whereas it's still friendly and you make your own little communities. The social scene is apparently active just like everywhere else in Leeds.
Hey I have another quick question, would appreciate a quick reply as I'm sorting my accommodation now :tongue:

If you are applying for a shared bathroom (I'm applying for Oxley if it makes any difference), will it always be single sex? I would prefer to be mixed sex, but I'm assuming single sex girls and guys flats will end up mingling anyway. I defiantly want a shared bathroom as I only get minimum loans and will have an extra £400 if I go shared :tongue:
I'm just not sure what to put on my application when it asks me if I want mixed sex. Yes, no, or don't mind :dontknow:
Reply 1747
Original post by rachelll=)
Hey I have another quick question, would appreciate a quick reply as I'm sorting my accommodation now :tongue:

If you are applying for a shared bathroom (I'm applying for Oxley if it makes any difference), will it always be single sex? I would prefer to be mixed sex, but I'm assuming single sex girls and guys flats will end up mingling anyway. I defiantly want a shared bathroom as I only get minimum loans and will have an extra £400 if I go shared :tongue:
I'm just not sure what to put on my application when it asks me if I want mixed sex. Yes, no, or don't mind :dontknow:

I think i think i think i think, not sure, i think they always make you share with same sex, think mixed sex is just who you're put in flats with, i'll see if i can find it on here for you :tongue:

EDIT: Oh no it won't. i don't know what i was thinking when i applied, if you have a mixed flat with 2 other girls and 3 other guys you will all be sharing the bathroom. Yes will means you're sharing with both guys and girls, don't mind would mean you can end up with all girls or guys and girls
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by dmz
I think i think i think i think, not sure, i think they always make you share with same sex, think mixed sex is just who you're put in flats with, i'll see if i can find it on here for you :tongue:

I thought mixed sex also had shared bathrooms. (Don't know about Oxley, but in general) Quoted accomoffice as they'll probably know.

accomoffice
?
Reply 1749
I thought mixed sex also had shared bathrooms. (Don't know about Oxley, but in general) Quoted accomoffice as they'll probably know.

I was thinking of 2 people sharing a room for some reason :facepalm:
Original post by dmz
I was thinking of 2 people sharing a room for some reason :facepalm:

Get with it dmz :lol:
He's just thinking about the fact that his room is basically going to be a mixed sex shared one :rolleyes:
Reply 1752
Original post by girlwithsharpteeth
He's just thinking about the fact that his room is basically going to be a mixed sex shared one :rolleyes:

Haha it'll be single sex with any luck! I'll be sharing with girls only :tongue: my friend wants to spend my fresher with me and I'm not feeling that idea cos i won't be able to bring anyone back (Assuming i got someone in the first place)
Original post by dmz

EDIT: Oh no it won't. i don't know what i was thinking when i applied, if you have a mixed flat with 2 other girls and 3 other guys you will all be sharing the bathroom. Yes will means you're sharing with both guys and girls, don't mind would mean you can end up with all girls or guys and girls

Right I think I get you. Ish :tongue:. Just when I visited I seem to remember the bigger flat of 10 being all girls :confused: I suppose it's not really going to make that much difference, it's just I generally get on better with guys than girls. Ahh well, all girls is bound to be a bit cleaner :smile:

Right I think I get you. Ish :tongue:. Just when I visited I seem to remember the bigger flat of 10 being all girls :confused: I suppose it's not really going to make that much difference, it's just I generally get on better with guys than girls. Ahh well, all girls is bound to be a bit cleaner :smile:

You sound a little confused (I'm not surprised!) :lol: I think what dmz is trying to say is that you can apply for a shared bathroom (one bathroom between one flat) - then you can choose mixed, single sex, or if you put don't mind there's a chance of ending up with either. So bathrooms can be shared between both sexes if it's a mixed flat. So if you want mixed, then put yes :biggrin:
Reply 1755

no offence to anyone but it always turn into a bitchfest with loads of girls. Like at my work they just whine about each other to me lol
Reply 1756
what she said. Lol. You want yes from what you've said
You sound a little confused (I'm not surprised!) :lol: I think what dmz is trying to say is that you can apply for a shared bathroom (one bathroom between one flat) - then you can choose mixed, single sex, or if you put don't mind there's a chance of ending up with either. So bathrooms can be shared between both sexes if it's a mixed flat. So if you want mixed, then put yes :biggrin:

Yes I am so confused haha. It's just what I seem to remember (I may be wrong) It that all the en-suites were mixed sex (which I don't want becasue I would rather have the extra cash) and the shared bathrooms being single sex.

What I ideally want is a big flat (think there were flats of 10), shared bathroom and mixed sex. I just don't know if that is even an option :dontknow:

Original post by dmz
no offence to anyone but it always turn into a bitchfest with loads of girls. Like at my work they just whine about each other to me lol

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm worried about, hence why I get on better with guys. I only really have about 5 good girls mates.
Reply 1758
Yes I am so confused haha. It's just what I seem to remember (I may be wrong) It that all the en-suites were mixed sex (which I don't want becasue I would rather have the extra cash) and the shared bathrooms being single sex.

What I ideally want is a big flat (think there were flats of 10), shared bathroom and mixed sex. I just don't know if that is even an option :dontknow:

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm worried about, hence why I get on better with guys. I only really have about 5 good girls mates.

I like girl's for friends, not gay or anything but they seem to converse better on a an intellectual level. Guy friends are goood for the blunt stuff and just being a dude, haha
yer, you wanna put yes down:smile:
Original post by dmz
I like girl's for friends, not gay or anything but they seem to converse better on a an intellectual level. Guy friends are goood for the blunt stuff and just being a dude, haha
yer, you wanna put yes down:smile:

Yeah I think I'm going to have to. I'm just worried they will put me in a en-suite because of it. Although I have an unconditional so will get my accommodation before everyone else, so if that happened I suppose I could always ring up and say that I can't afford en-suite because me loan doesn't cover it (which is true).

And I find I can generally talk with guys on an intellectual level. But I am also a very blunt person, which guys don't mind, but girls can mistake it for being rude.

Latest