The Student Room Group

A2 Edexcel 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by INeedToRevise
So do they do that to all the papers? Or just the ones who have used additional paper? Lol sorry for all the questions. I had no idea.

Just the ones with additional paper apparently =)
Original post by lozzyhickers
Just the ones with additional paper apparently =)

Oooh ok :smile: Thanks a lot. I'm definitely going to do that!
Oooh ok :smile: Thanks a lot. I'm definitely going to do that!

Glad to help :biggrin:
Glad to help :biggrin:

Hey. I was just wondering if you had any notes on the debates topic. I just realised my class notes are not in enough detail at all and the book isn't very handy (using the angles textbook). Thanks :smile:
Hey. I was just wondering if you had any notes on the debates topic. I just realised my class notes are not in enough detail at all and the book isn't very handy (using the angles textbook). Thanks :smile:

I do indeed, but I don't know how useful they are :tongue:
I do indeed, but I don't know how useful they are :tongue:

Would you mind sending them to me? I think they would be very useful haha. Did you do them on a word document?
Really worried about issues and debates now :s-smilie:
Would you mind sending them to me? I think they would be very useful haha. Did you do them on a word document?
Really worried about issues and debates now :s-smilie:

Erm I could do, but they're hand written, and all in all there's about 10 pages. But i'm pretty ill atm,so do you mind if I do it when i'm a bit better?
Erm I could do, but they're hand written, and all in all there's about 10 pages. But i'm pretty ill atm,so do you mind if I do it when i'm a bit better?

No I don't mind! :smile: Thanks a lot. Hope you get better soon :smile:

Edit: Don't worry about emailing the notes :smile: Found some useful stuff from the internet etc.
(edited 12 years ago)

Hey. I'm a bit confused over what to bring in for this question. I have so many notes for this bit. Dunno what to bring in. Do you have any idea? Thanks :smile:

Give one example of how issues of validity and of reliability arise in clinical psychology (4marks)
Hey. I'm a bit confused over what to bring in for this question. I have so many notes for this bit. Dunno what to bring in. Do you have any idea? Thanks :smile:

Give one example of how issues of validity and of reliability arise in clinical psychology (4marks)

Validity and reliability issues of the DSM? Cultural and cross referencing issues
I suppose you could also evaluate the use of twin/animal studies
Validity and reliability issues of the DSM? Cultural and cross referencing issues
I suppose you could also evaluate the use of twin/animal studies

Oh ok. Thanks.

How about this one: With regard to two research methods used to study schizophrenia, describe and evaluate one study using each of the two methods (12 marks)

I don't understand how you can use both twin and animal studies to evaluate one of these studies. The study I did for animals is Wood et al. And the study for twins is Gottesman. E.g. how can I use twin studies to evaluate Wood et al which is based entirely on animals?

Or have I just completely misinterpreted the question?
Oh ok. Thanks.

How about this one: With regard to two research methods used to study schizophrenia, describe and evaluate one study using each of the two methods (12 marks)

I don't understand how you can use both twin and animal studies to evaluate one of these studies. The study I did for animals is Wood et al. And the study for twins is Gottesman. E.g. how can I use twin studies to evaluate Wood et al which is based entirely on animals?

Or have I just completely misinterpreted the question?

Erm...I think i've had this question before, and thought exactly the same as you. If I recall rightly, you just have to D&E one study for Twin studies, and D&E one for animal studies.

It's worded really badly :s-smilie:
Erm...I think i've had this question before, and thought exactly the same as you. If I recall rightly, you just have to D&E one study for Twin studies, and D&E one for animal studies.

It's worded really badly :s-smilie:

:eek: If that came up on our exam, I would have done completely the wrong thing. Edexcel are so stupid :mad:

:eek: If that came up on our exam, I would have done completely the wrong thing. Edexcel are so stupid :mad:

No Problem, I would have done exactly the same thing! :smile:
I think I even asked my teacher to rewrite it for us lol
No Problem, I would have done exactly the same thing! :smile:
I think I even asked my teacher to rewrite it for us lol

Hey,
Just wondering what would you write for this question? I just don't know how much to bring in. I wish I had some model answers :frown: Sorry to keep asking you.

Describe cultural issues with regard to the diagnosis using the DSM (4 marks)
Hey,
Just wondering what would you write for this question? I just don't know how much to bring in. I wish I had some model answers :frown: Sorry to keep asking you.

Describe cultural issues with regard to the diagnosis using the DSM (4 marks)

How some people would find it hard to talk to their doctor, and some symptoms regarded as abornal in some cultures would be norma in some. Give a few examples and maybe a study or two to back it up.
How some people would find it hard to talk to their doctor, and some symptoms regarded as abornal in some cultures would be norma in some. Give a few examples and maybe a study or two to back it up.

No problem :smile:

Thank you =)
I posted Jan's retakes but not June's

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending