The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jimbles
Well as long as our defense stays strong! A couple of good offence players and we might be okay :biggrin:

I'm getting some really good coaching at Bulls... being coached by the Lions coach Wayne Hill.... and also being coached by Mark Cohen... if you know them?

I don't know Mark Cohen but I know of Wayne Hill. Good coach!
Original post by Hedgeman49

Looking at MMU's schedule they could easily rack up 4 wins. I just don't think they'll beat you!

I don't think so either because they're not playing us :smile:

I do think they will beat Staffs though.
Original post by burningnun
I don't think so either because they're not playing us :smile:

I do think they will beat Staffs though.

Oh, slightly misunderstood your post. I just looked at the schedule as well... haha.

Staffs aren't half the team they used to be.
I don't know Mark Cohen but I know of Wayne Hill. Good coach!

Wayne Hill is a brilliant coach... his attention to detail is amazing! Nothings every right with him, it's all got to be perfect down to your first step and last step, it's brilliant :smile:

Mark Cohen... A WR who played for Coventry Jets, Bulls and a couple others... Holds records in Britball... recently retired and now coaches at Lions and Bulls.. http://www.britballnow.co.uk/History/Interviews/MarkCohen.html
Original post by jimbles

Mark Cohen... A WR who played for Coventry Jets, Bulls and a couple others... Holds records in Britball... recently retired and now coaches at Lions and Bulls.. http://www.britballnow.co.uk/History/Interviews/MarkCohen.html

Impressive CV! I watched Jets @ Aztecs a couple of weeks ago, Jets got totally ruined. They lost a lot of their starters at the end of last season.
Impressive CV! I watched Jets @ Aztecs a couple of weeks ago, Jets got totally ruined. They lost a lot of their starters at the end of last season.

Yeah it's amazingly impressive! I was shocked at what he's achieved when I first heard! He's a model athlete too. Gets all us WR's out before the other players and we go through our own routine!
Oh, slightly misunderstood your post. I just looked at the schedule as well... haha.

Staffs aren't half the team they used to be.

And we're about to get worse as well haha. Arguably our 3 best players have all graduated, including the QB who is so good. We have quite a good recieving corp (including me :wink:) but without a decent QB, I doubt we'll go to the pass much unless a rookie comes in.
It will be interesting to see if we go forward or backwards. With Beaumont graduating I think a lot of people are expecting us to get worse but I think they may be surprised.
Don't know which way we're going to go. We aren't graduating that many starters but we are losing our two starting DEs and two of our starting WRs. Depends how recruitment goes!
Broncos fan checking in.
Original post by Denver Broncos fan
Broncos fan checking in.

I think your username somewhat precedes your post...
Broncos fan checking in.

Welcome :smile: First Broncos fan I've seen in this thread I think.

What did you reckon to your draft?
Reply 1392
Broncos fan checking in.

welcome :smile:

not my main fan team but i do like the broncos, and im curious for a fan of theirs oppinion on whether you would rather have tebow or orton starting next year?
Original post by Scott129
Welcome :smile: First Broncos fan I've seen in this thread I think.

What did you reckon to your draft?
I was upset that we didn't get a defensive tackle, but apart from that I loved it. I was particularly a big fan of getting Quinton Carter in round 4 and Jeremy Beal in round 7, I though both would be third rounders. Von Miller is going to be an absolute beast aswell. Of our second round picks, Rahim Moore I like, Orlando Franklin I don't. I loved the Nate Irving pick in the high third, we've needed a nasty MLB for years even dating back to the Shanahan days since Al Wilson retired. We took two TE's, Julius Thomas in the 4th round, a converted basketball player who's very big and fast, I think we're looking for him to be the next Jimmy Graham, and Nevada's Virgil Green in the 7th who is a workout warrior who bested the combine. Both have a good shot at being our starting tight end this year. Our other pick was Mike Mohamed who I had never heard of before the draft, special teams player most likely.

Original post by Greg1989
welcome :smile:

not my main fan team but i do like the broncos, and im curious for a fan of theirs oppinion on whether you would rather have tebow or orton starting next year?

It has to be Tebow for me. Kyle Orton is never going to win a superbowl, with alot of great QBs like Luck and Barkley going in next year's draft I say we give Tebow the season to see if he "has it", if he bombs and we pick near the top of the draft again we can go get our franchise QB.
It has to be Tebow for me. Kyle Orton is never going to win a superbowl, with alot of great QBs like Luck and Barkley going in next year's draft I say we give Tebow the season to see if he "has it", if he bombs and we pick near the top of the draft again we can go get our franchise QB.

If Tebow bombs, do you think they'll convert him into a RB or do you think he'll do a Pat White? Not like Denver or short on RBs or anything...
If Tebow bombs, do you think they'll convert him into a RB or do you think he'll do a Pat White? Not like Denver or short on RBs or anything...

Em... Pass. My gut feeling is we'd keep him as some kind of gimmick.

We actually are short on running backs. I want us to try and sign Deangelo Williams.
I was upset that we didn't get a defensive tackle, but apart from that I loved it. I was particularly a big fan of getting Quinton Carter in round 4 and Jeremy Beal in round 7, I though both would be third rounders. Von Miller is going to be an absolute beast aswell. Of our second round picks, Rahim Moore I like, Orlando Franklin I don't. I loved the Nate Irving pick in the high third, we've needed a nasty MLB for years even dating back to the Shanahan days since Al Wilson retired. We took two TE's, Julius Thomas in the 4th round, a converted basketball player who's very big and fast, I think we're looking for him to be the next Jimmy Graham, and Nevada's Virgil Green in the 7th who is a workout warrior who bested the combine. Both have a good shot at being our starting tight end this year. Our other pick was Mike Mohamed who I had never heard of before the draft, special teams player most likely.

Sounds like you know your stuff haha.
I think the Broncos had one of the better drafts tbh, Miller and Moore, from what I've seen, could be pro-bowl quality players. I agree as well about Green, his measurables are incredible and racked up some serious stats at Nevada. Don't know much about the rest though.
Reply 1397

Personally im inclined to agree, they need to give him a chance to show what he can do or not, like a lot of teams out there they need to commit to someone not just say its a competition. I do think that Orton could win a superbowl though, he does very well usually, but id like to see him traded to Arizona as I reckon he would thrive more there than with the Bronco's
Yeah that would be a great idea to have an American Football Society :smile: I'm A Philadelphia Eagles Fan! But I'm hopefully going to see some NFL action at Wembley this year, if they can sort themselves out over in the States. Be an awesome spectacle to see!
Reply 1399
why is american football called american football, just call it american soccer, and leave football to the sport that uses circular objects :wink:

Latest