The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology Unit 5 (6BIO5) - 22/06/2011- OFFICIAL THREAD !

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dush_2
wel why do u take so long ~~

Why don't you provide something before moaning about others. :smile:
Reply 1541
Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?
Why don't you provide something before moaning about others. :smile:

well i dnt have any !! im sorry
Original post by dush_2
well i dnt have any !! im sorry

then stop moaning :smile:
This paper is quiet hard I must admit, but then again, the grade thresholds are really low so its not thatt bad. I am hoping we can all discuss the article openly and figure out the most important stuff in it.
Reply 1544
ohh come on a private student so i dnt go to school
Reply 1545
we will but lets finish the unit 6b part and then the unit 4 part then we will go to unit 5...
Reply 1546
yea unit 6! Arghh!
it's on Wed and i hate the last Q!
Any1n got nything on dat?
Reply 1547
Original post by Samia99
yea unit 6! Arghh!
it's on Wed and i hate the last Q!
Any1n got nything on dat?

we'll be disussing that after we finish the other 2.
Reply 1548
anyone got the paper?

and predicted questions for the article..
Reply 1549
atricle advise
can the questions directly link and relate to units 1 2 or 4? as opposed to just 5?bcuz the article advice above says otherwise :s and i thought it was synoptic
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1551
obviously....it is a synoptic paper.
Reply 1552
many people tell me that this time we would be expecting MRI to be part of the paper..
what say?
Reply 1553
ys v might! anything can happen....it is part of the specification....can come.
Reply 1554
Original post by tina2010
Does anyone got notes or revision cards for any biology units then please pm me?

Hey, you got those notes or revision cards? Care to pass them on? :P I'm freaking out about Bio Unit 4! Got sooo much to do!!
Reply 1555
Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?
Hi

''Explain how genes can be switched on and off by DNA transcription factors including hormones.''

Info on this spec point is nowhere to be found in the green textbook or the revision guide? :s-smilie:

Hey, I got stuck on this too! It's definitely in CGP! Something about trypsin (I think)..but it's right there, summarised in a few bullet points :smile:
Reply 1556
Hey...does anyone have tips for the Bio Unit 4 exam? or is there another thread for that? I've got that in about 2 weeks and I'm still panicking about that one!

Any help? Sample questions and answers? Any help would be appreciated :smile:
Original post by Spain'93
Hey, I got stuck on this too! It's definitely in CGP! Something about trypsin (I think)..but it's right there, summarised in a few bullet points :smile:

Trypsin is an enzyme that is responsible for digestion of proteins... i am almost a 100% sure that it is not trypsin that CGP has mentioned.... genes can be switched on or off using transcription factors -- these can be hormones (steroid hormones or peptide hormones) that trigger a cascade that lead to the formation of specific transcription factors.... check again... must be some hormone :smile:
Reply 1558
Original post by chemdweeb1234
Trypsin is an enzyme that is responsible for digestion of proteins... i am almost a 100% sure that it is not trypsin that CGP has mentioned.... genes can be switched on or off using transcription factors -- these can be hormones (steroid hormones or peptide hormones) that trigger a cascade that lead to the formation of specific transcription factors.... check again... must be some hormone :smile:

yea the guide's gt abt da trancription factors...

Thanks!
Original post by Spain'93

Ok cool thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending