The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Accomodation at Imperial

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
Original post by wrench22
Sent my application now, also used the 'active sex life' line, hopefully the accommodation guy is a lad and will appreciate my need for a single room

The number of guys using this line is amusing. I do wonder what the accommodation people will think.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by arianex
X

Thank you very much, really helped.
Reply 722
Original post by Zottula
The number of guys using this line is amusing. I do wonder what the accommodation people will think.

Probably "woah, that's our nerdist rep slowly down the drain....WINNING :biggrin:"

Original post by Acta Non Verba
Thank you very much, really helped.

No biggie. ^_^ Made any picks yet?
Reply 723
Original post by wrench22
Sent my application now, also used the 'active sex life' line, hopefully the accommodation guy is a lad and will appreciate my need for a single room

Where could you put that ? Imagine being in a triple...you would literally have to timetable when you could bring anyone back!
Reply 724
Original post by Ceecee
Where could you put that ? Imagine being in a triple...you would literally have to timetable when you could bring anyone back!

Or only hook up with people who have single rooms :hubba:
Reply 725
Original post by Zottula
Or only hook up with people who have single rooms :hubba:

^This. xD
Pardon me, it won't let me rep you :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Zottula
Aaah cool. I also applied for a Garden twin :smile:.

I wonder where I will end up. Exciting stuff :biggrin:.

LoL I applied to garden twin as well ^^ . I still got one choice left , triple in garden or single at fisher =OOO???!!
i applied for single in

Eastside
Southside
Beit
willis jackson
garden

xD
Original post by kaosu_souzousha
LoL I applied to garden twin as well ^^ . I still got one choice left , triple in garden or single at fisher =OOO???!!

Fisher is only about 15 min walk away from uni and it's cheap (the inside of the building is not-so-nice compared to others but I personally won't mind...) but I didn't apply to any of the Evelyn Gardens halls because they seem to be too quiet for me/not as social compared to other halls like Pembridge and Wilson (just an impression I got from visiting friends there. Pembridge was awesome) although that's down to luck and obviously different each year. I have no idea about Garden but I just applied for twin there because of proximity + cheaper fees than East/Southside :biggrin:

I had to decide between Pembridge single and Garden triple but went for Pembridge... I tried to imagine living with two other people and began to think stuff like it might become a bit stressful trying to be considerate about your room mates (bed time, music etc), and sharing with more people would mean less chance of having time alone in the room when you want to... also started to feel pessimistic about being unlucky like if the other two got along better I would feel left out or if we they don't like talking much it would be awkward. etc. :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by arianex
*fives back* You play anything else?

Heh, Eastside Twin was my max until I decided I could try gunning for a single at Pembridge. All my choices are now 115ppw or less. Woohoo Asian cheapness! :tongue:

Spoiler

Y'know, it might be an idea to send a follow-up email saying "if possible can you put me in xxx" if your heart is really set on a particular hall. Probably whilst mentioning "I know it's not guaranteed, though if you can...(etc)". They're legally obliged to keep communication from you on file, so you know it won't go into some vortex. :smile:

Or we're just super efficient :wink:

Ooh nice idea :biggrin: although I'd be quite happy if I ended up in any of my 5 options, if I end up somewhere like Pembridge I'd probably just use the Barclays bicycle to go to college (45 pounds annual fee and you basically can use their bicycle for free... although I'm worried if I'm tall enough to be able to ride them...)!
Reply 730
Original post by sarubobo28

Ooh nice idea :biggrin: although I'd be quite happy if I ended up in any of my 5 options, if I end up somewhere like Pembridge I'd probably just use the Barclays bicycle to go to college (45 pounds annual fee and you basically can use their bicycle for free... although I'm worried if I'm tall enough to be able to ride them...)!

You too! :biggrin: Are you on the Facebook group already?

Also, I didn't know about the nitty-gritty about the Barclays bike scheme...THAT is super handy! ^_^ How tall are you, per se? I'm hoping 5'1 (and a half) isn't going to be that bad; otherwise, there's always rollerblading (I already have a promise from one of the other pre-frosh from the CompSci dept to give me a refresher course XD)
Reply 731

Well I applied for a triple at garden because the hall seems nice and a triple room is cheaper. But it's up to you really. Singles are fisher are cheap and the hall is only a 15min walk away from the college.

Personally I like the thought of sharing with 2 other people. I'm very quiet, shy, socially awkward and a bit boring really, so at least the other 2 people can have fun together. Whereas if I'm with 1 person I'm worried they'll get really fed up of how I am and get frustrated about being stuck alone with me.
Reply 732

Oh wow, that is a really good idea. If I end up in Pembridge (didn't apply but you never know) I'll definitely look into that!
Original post by Zottula
Well I applied for a triple at garden because the hall seems nice and a triple room is cheaper. But it's up to you really. Singles are fisher are cheap and the hall is only a 15min walk away from the college.

Personally I like the thought of sharing with 2 other people. I'm very quiet, shy, socially awkward and a bit boring really, so at least the other 2 people can have fun together. Whereas if I'm with 1 person I'm worried they'll get really fed up of how I am and get frustrated about being stuck alone with me.

Although Fisher would be nice it is unlikely I will get a room there. My other 4 choices are all twin rooms so Pimperial's weird sorting system won't get me very far.

I saw some picture of garden's triple room and didn't like the tables very much. I would rather get a smaller room but with better work place to do my stuff. Fortunately for my future roommate, he will not be disturbed by my adventures as the girlfriend of mine got a single room from King's College Halls lol :biggrin:
Fisher is only about 15 min walk away from uni and it's cheap (the inside of the building is not-so-nice compared to others but I personally won't mind...) but I didn't apply to any of the Evelyn Gardens halls because they seem to be too quiet for me/not as social compared to other halls like Pembridge and Wilson (just an impression I got from visiting friends there. Pembridge was awesome) although that's down to luck and obviously different each year. I have no idea about Garden but I just applied for twin there because of proximity + cheaper fees than East/Southside :biggrin:

I had to decide between Pembridge single and Garden triple but went for Pembridge... I tried to imagine living with two other people and began to think stuff like it might become a bit stressful trying to be considerate about your room mates (bed time, music etc), and sharing with more people would mean less chance of having time alone in the room when you want to... also started to feel pessimistic about being unlucky like if the other two got along better I would feel left out or if we they don't like talking much it would be awkward. etc. :tongue:

Triple is a bit overkill imo but it can save £1.5k a year.
Original post by arianex
You too! :biggrin: Are you on the Facebook group already?

Also, I didn't know about the nitty-gritty about the Barclays bike scheme...THAT is super handy! ^_^ How tall are you, per se? I'm hoping 5'1 (and a half) isn't going to be that bad; otherwise, there's always rollerblading (I already have a promise from one of the other pre-frosh from the CompSci dept to give me a refresher course XD)

Yepp if you're talking about this page :biggrin: I've only commented a few times though XD I'm like 4 foot 10... apparently that's the average height of an 11 year old :cool:

Haha rollerblading to uni, I'd probably instantly recognise you if you actually did that! :tongue:

Original post by Zottula
Oh wow, that is a really good idea. If I end up in Pembridge (didn't apply but you never know) I'll definitely look into that!

I think the bike scheme was something like free up to 30 mins ride non-stop if you have the annual access fee but that's more than enough time :smile:

True true but thanks to the generous Imperial bursary... :smile:
Reply 737

I'd happily take the £1.5k a year saving.
Reply 738
Although Fisher would be nice it is unlikely I will get a room there. My other 4 choices are all twin rooms so Pimperial's weird sorting system won't get me very far.

I saw some picture of garden's triple room and didn't like the tables very much. I would rather get a smaller room but with better work place to do my stuff. Fortunately for my future roommate, he will not be disturbed by my adventures as the girlfriend of mine got a single room from King's College Halls lol :biggrin:

Lucky for some, I must say :tongue:

Yepp if you're talking about this page :biggrin: I've only commented a few times though XD I'm like 4 foot 10... apparently that's the average height of an 11 year old :cool:

Haha rollerblading to uni, I'd probably instantly recognise you if you actually did that! :tongue:

Yeah, I'll be the one falling over loads and looking like a right loon :tongue:

And yes, that's the page. Did you comment on Izzy's "where is everyone from" thread? Because if you did, I might have an inkling of who you are (especially based on your username... xD)

True true but thanks to the generous Imperial bursary... :smile:

Which some of us will never ever see... (I'm international :tongue:)

Original post by Zottula
I'd happily take the £1.5k a year saving.

Aaaaaaaaaaamen. :biggrin:
Reply 739
Fortunately for my future roommate, he will not be disturbed by my adventures as the girlfriend of mine got a single room from King's College Halls lol :biggrin:

Excellent stuff! Very convenient.

I hope my roommate doesn't bring all their adventures into my room. It would be a bit awkward.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending