The Student Room Group

OCR AS - Chemistry Unit F322 - Chains, energy and resource - REVISION!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
Original post by Rassam
Enthalpy change: when is it products minus reactants and reactants minus products??

draw a Hess cycle :smile: http://www.chemguide.co.uk/physical/energetics/sums.html
Reply 601
i just chedcked in the mark schemes and they give full marks for the answer with no working out!
Reply 602
Original post by arvin_infinity
Hess law defi !?

Hess' law: overall enthalpy change for a reaction is the same, irrespective of the route taken (as long as conditions are the same)
Reply 603
Original post by lolo-x
Percentage Yield: actual moles of product obtained divided by the expected moles of product all multiplied by 100

Atom economy: Mr of desired products divided by the sum of Mr of all products x 100

Percentage yield is really how efficiently the reaction is taking place - is the reaction operating at its maximum potential?

Atom economy shows you how much useful product you are getting out of all of the products you have got, so it shows you how wasteful your reaction is :smile:

thanks a lot, that makes sense! :biggrin:
Reply 604
guys can we say Ea instead of activation energy in the exam?
Benefits of
isomersation
reforming
cracking
??
Reply 606
can anyone explain what Ziegler Natta is? what do we need to know abou it?
Reply 607
Hess's Law is killing me.

Anyone got any links for Green Chem + Boltzmann?
Reply 608
Where it doesn't specify how to draw a compound, shall I just draw the displayed formula?
How do you find the enthalpy change of formation when they give you the data for enthalpy change of combustion and vice versa?
Reply 610
Original post by patra

all it says in the spec is that you should know that the catalyst for polyethene production is ziegler-natta :smile:
Reply 611
Original post by yesioo
Hess's Law is killing me.

Anyone got any links for Green Chem + Boltzmann?

my notes?
Reply 612
Original post by touran22
guys can we say Ea instead of activation energy in the exam?

i'm not sure, best not to, just in case :smile:
Original post by patra

Ticl3
60 degrees
Unbranched polymer ..thats all I remember
Reply 614
good luck guys!
Reply 615
How well do we need to know the Other uses of Polymer wastes (i.e. Feedstock recycling )?
iii) Outline 2 examples where C02 has replaced the need for CFC's.
v) What is the method of obtaining decarbonised fuel and show an equation for methane.

??
Reply 617
GOOD LUCK everyone!!! :biggrin: x x
Reply 618
Good Luck.. x
How do you find the enthalpy change of formation when they give you the data for enthalpy change of combustion and vice versa?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending