The Student Room Group

Upcoming Edexcel AS Biology: Unit 2 exam on 26 May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by snow leopard
I don't care lol...

'Wasteman', haha, go watch some football and waste away your life on beer.

LOL top dickhead.
Are you still here? I thought you were going?
Deleted my recent messages in order to disassociate myself from you people. Good bye.
Reply 223
Snow Leopard - my source clearly shows a cell wall next to the membrane, and then a capsule! So don't know what else you want me to say. You are clearly a Grade A Dick, and insulting others for disagreeing with you is pathetic.

As others have said, it was a good discussion until you showed up, shouting the odds!

Whether it's a bloody cell wall or a capsule... calm down... Oh and Grow Up
Reply 224
Original post by TheChief
I'm pretty sure it was 23,000... and Jamie is right - it's only 1 mark anyway, so no big deal!

Im sticking to the fact that the structure around the outside of the prokaryotic cell was a Cell Wall and not a Capsule! I'm probably wrong - but the structure was bang next to the Cell Membrane - therefore it has to be a wall..... the capsule isn't always present, and even when it is, it is never next to the membrane

It is Capsule- your rite it was next to cell membrance, and that cap isnt always present, but my friend it was present in the diagram that they gave
look at june 2009 paper
Reply 225
Original post by voices1
It is Capsule- your rite it was next to cell membrance, and that cap isnt always present, but my friend it was present in the diagram that they gave
look at june 2009 paper

Just had a look at the paper - and thank you for pointing this out - it confirms that the answer is CELL WALL.

All the cells have a wall around them drawn in exactly the same way as the unidentified feature in yesterdays exam!

Wish Snow Leopard was still around - that's the evidence needed to shut him up once and for all!
On second thought and looking at the June 2009 paper it is surely a cell wall...
Just had a look at the paper - and thank you for pointing this out - it confirms that the answer is CELL WALL.

All the cells have a wall around them drawn in exactly the same way as the unidentified feature in yesterdays exam!

Wish Snow Leopard was still around - that's the evidence needed to shut him up once and for all!

This ^
Original post by snow leopard
I repeat,

+the cell wall isn't a floaty jelly like layer, it is a solid thick line, I can show you a thousand more links to clarify it was a capsule, but I'm pretty sure you and the people who repped your comment would argue otherwise, against all logic and thousands of pieces of evidence both online and in textbooks in order to refuse to believe you lost a mark.

maybe you should stop being such an arrogant ****.
take a look at june 2009's paper for a second..

bacterium T has a slime capsule.
now let's look at the answer :smile:

bacterium T has a slime capsule like the question said.
spot the difference between bacterium T and the others for me :smile: oh THAT'S what the capsule looks like in the diagram!

yeah.. you're wrong, sorry. though i don't think you'll like to admit it. :smile:
Original post by antidotes-
maybe you should stop being such an arrogant ****.
take a look at june 2009's paper for a second..

bacterium T has a slime capsule.
now let's look at the answer :smile:

bacterium T has a slime capsule like the question said.
spot the difference between bacterium T and the others for me :smile: oh THAT'S what the capsule looks like in the diagram!

yeah.. you're wrong, sorry. though i don't think you'll like to admit it. :smile:

Alright buddy, he's wrong but chill it yeh? At the end of the day it's one mark and it's over and done with.

Let's get this thread back on track with some DISCUSSION about the exam...
haha nah i'm chill don't worry :wink: it's just hilarious to see this person get proved wrong completely after they've talked everyone down who disagreed with their "clearly correct" answer :smile:
I cant remember any of the other questions now.
Reply 232
That's made my day! Hoping Snow Leopard comes back again - although even if they do I cant see them admitting they're wrong!

I agree though - the thread got a bit obsessed with this one mark - but only because of a certain someone's arrogance!

Now we can get back to discussing the paper - although I cant remember anything to do with Biology now, other than Cell Wall, lol
That's made my day! Hoping Snow Leopard comes back again - although even if they do I cant see them admitting they're wrong!

I agree though - the thread got a bit obsessed with this one mark - but only because of a certain someone's arrogance!

Now we can get back to discussing the paper - although I cant remember anything to do with Biology now, other than Cell Wall, lol

This, lol.
edexcel have a problem or what

in jan unit 1, they put a graph full of circles to mess with our minds
in june unit 2, they thought they'll be badder and put 4 boxes with different ****ing shapes which were crazzzzy
first Q and i was like ahh shiiit, not another shape question!!!
I put 23,000 and I have a large penis so I think everyone should trust me
Original post by harcoreage
Alright buddy, he's wrong but chill it yeh? At the end of the day it's one mark and it's over and done with.

Let's get this thread back on track with some DISCUSSION about the exam...

WOW, snow leopard got owned lol
Admittedly I put capsule too, it was incredibly unlcear. Could have gone either way but hey ho.

Anyone put Eucaryota as C and Archea as B in the classification Carl Woese question?
Original post by harcoreage
Admittedly I put capsule too, it was incredibly unlcear. Could have gone either way but hey ho.

Anyone put Eucaryota as C and Archea as B in the classification Carl Woese question?

Yep thats what I put :smile:
Reply 239
Original post by 888jamie888
Yep thats what I put :smile:

can't remember the letters but do they both have the methonine amino acid ? I think it was metho... something

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending