The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by clairen886
the paper was out of 85 and i reckon i dropped around 15 marks which is satisfying :smile:

Ha just read the rest of your post, and that is great :smile: What are you wanting to do at uni?

ah yeah, pharmacy, you?

i reckon i need an AAB, ideally. an ABB would still do me fine, but not at the better unis for pharmacy. my potential unis are in my signuitare spoiler at

Umm, chemistry i think i salvaged an A, Biology i reckon im on course for an A because this module has more weight than unit 1 in terms of marks and maths i know i got an A for sure ( sounds cheeky lol but i got 94 in my only maths exam C1 in jan, S1 i reckon i got a low A, and C2 i completely messed, low B huh.

wbu ?
Reply 2021
WHERE THE F**K is the UN-OFFICIAL MARK SCHEME???
Original post by James A
same, high A is my expectations, and to be honest, that was a straightforward paper compared to Jan 11 which was so annoying, ( i didnt do it, this jun 11 paper was my first go ), i counted my marks ( as usual lol) during the last 10 minutes are i reckon around 15/14 marks i lost, people are expecting the boundaries to go slightly higher than jan 11, so we'l see, but i reckon its well in the 50's raw marks.

i badly need a high A in this, because i reckon i got a borderline A/B in unit 1 and my isa was only a bang on B :mad:

You know what you got in your isa, my teacher said she wont tell us :O Yeah the EPO question was nice and I normally hate those ones. Did you do biol one last week?
Original post by James A
Ha just read the rest of your post, and that is great :smile: What are you wanting to do at uni?

ah yeah, pharmacy, you?

i reckon i need an AAB, ideally. an ABB would still do me fine, but not at the better unis for pharmacy. my potential unis are in my signuitare spoiler at

Umm, chemistry i think i salvaged an A, Biology i reckon im on course for an A because this module has more weight than unit 1 in terms of marks and maths i know i got an A for sure ( sounds cheeky lol but i got 94 in my only maths exam C1 in jan, S1 i reckon i got a low A, and C2 i completely messed, low B huh.

wbu ?

I am in year 14 and am doing physiotherapy. Haha thats awesome, I got 96 in biol 1 in January and it felt really good :P I am glad I didn't take maths, physics is nearly killing me.
(edited 12 years ago)
Before I sat the exam I came across the exact same question as the RNSA one in my revision (in my Biology books sample questions, I think). The answer to their question was that increased awareness of it could have caused it to be registered on more death certificates. I put that in one of my answers, but not sure if it was what they were asking! I just thought, heck, if its the right answer in the biology book I have a chance...

EDIT: Whoops, meants MRSA!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by clairen886
You know what you got in your isa, my teacher said she wont tell us :O Yeah the EPO question was nice and I normally hate those ones. Did you do biol one last week?

yeah our teacher gave us back our ISA written papers, ( we werent allowed to change anything ) but we went through it as a class , and she said that some of these questions could come up on either BIOL1 or BIOL2 regarding how science works etc

yeah did biol1 last week, i thought it went well, despite stupid mistakes , its still a low A lol
Original post by Mina!SS
I think I just put less immunity,, would that be wrong? it still has the word "immune" I felt so rubbish after this exam,, and to think i revised so much for it as well :'(

you will be fine, i dont think they would be that harsh, but it all depends on the examiner, so just keep ur fingers crossed...
Reply 2027
Original post by ZeeBurb
Can someone do an unofficial mark scheme thing
to condense all this down

Thanks!!! :smile:

thats exactly what i am asking, can someone plz make a m.s?
Original post by arnab

i second that, surely someone by now should have done the paper, be it a teacher or graduate lol
Original post by James A
i second that, surely someone by now should have done the paper, be it a teacher or graduate lol

look who's obsessed with this thread now? loooooooooooooool.
Original post by Liam 09
Well what you've said seems pretty logical, no idea if they would give marks for that.
And who knows maybe i'm talking crap too :tongue:

I don't think you are. I was thinking about the conc gradient thing but I wasn't sure what air movement was like? But since she had to keep it constant, you can logically assume that it would just be no air movement because it would otherwise get confusing. :p:

Here's hoping AQA allow both answers. :awesome:

Did you do Chem? :smile:
Original post by arnab

There's no point, there was so much HSW and so many potential answers that what a teacher thinks won't necessarily be the same as what AQA want . Just wait for results day, honestly.

Enjoy life, look forwards, you can't change anything now. :o:
an unofficial mark scheme would be absolutely lovely. <3
Original post by Unbiased Opinion
I don't think you are. I was thinking about the conc gradient thing but I wasn't sure what air movement was like? But since she had to keep it constant, you can logically assume that it would just be no air movement because it would otherwise get confusing. :p:

Here's hoping AQA allow both answers. :awesome:

Did you do Chem? :smile:

Haha yep we can only hope :P

Yeah I did do chem, Edexcel though so I can't talk about till some god awful hour in the morning :tongue:
Original post by swiftylol
Didnt the question say one cell cycle = 4hrs18min

work out 8 cell cylcles?

I did 4hrs = 240mins

+ 18 mins

Maybe I misred the question, I was in a rush :s

Not 8, because one cell divides into two, two into four, four into 8.

However the question could very easily be misinterpreted and it was really badly worded. It could also be interpreted as NEW cells. So it would ignore the original, therefore some people would go to the next 4 hrs 18 mins.
It actualy took 3 divides so 3 x 4hrs 18 mins = 774 mins.
Original post by Liam 09
Haha yep we can only hope :P

Yeah I did do chem, Edexcel though so I can't talk about till some god awful hour in the morning :tongue:

Haha, I hope AQA don't have to that rule or I'm getting kicked out of my exams. :p:

How did it go, on a scale of 1-10?
Original post by Unbiased Opinion
Haha, I hope AQA don't have to that rule or I'm getting kicked out of my exams. :p:

How did it go, on a scale of 1-10?

Naw it's just Edexcel :tongue:
I can't even say that or I'll get warning points XD
Original post by Liam 09

Whoa, Edexcel take themselves seriously! Hope it went ok though. :p:
Original post by Liam 09

OH EDEXCEL, =(
un2 HUH..
bad times lol
Original post by EffKayy
look who's obsessed with this thread now? loooooooooooooool.

loooool joker

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending