The Student Room Group

Equilibria, Energetics and Elements (F325) - June 2011 Exam.

Scroll to see replies

This will be the first of the F325 New Spec and the legacy paper floods. Just to make it clear 2815 is Trends and Patterns which has stuff from module 3 and 2. 2816 is Unifying Concepts which is mostly module 1.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 201
ok Im gonna chill in here from today, now that the AS resits are done!

Fuel cells...
Reply 202
Original post by ghostkillah
This will be the first of the F325 New Spec and the legacy paper floods. Just to make it clear 2815 is Trends and Patterns which has stuff from module 3 and 2. 2816 is Unifying Concepts which is mostly module 1.

thanxx +1
Reply 203
Original post by jlcf
Hi, posting the papers here for revision if anyone needs. :smile:

Plus a massive question pack of 147 pages with 124 questions (.rtf files). :biggrin:

Ill update if i have found the Jan 2011 paper and MS.
Jan 2011 paper are here on this link.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=30708951&postcount=6
Thanks to Rup! :biggrin:

thanx a bunch for the question pack, i love them lol!
Has anyone done the specimen paper? Is it me or is that paper not too bad?

There is a question on the specimen paper on born-haber cycles (Question 4, page 9)
Calcium undergoes atomisation and turns into a gas, but then oxygen undergoes atomisation and calcium is back into a solid :confused:
Is that a mistake?
Original post by INeedToRevise
Has anyone done the specimen paper? Is it me or is that paper not too bad?

There is a question on the specimen paper on born-haber cycles (Question 4, page 9)
Calcium undergoes atomisation and turns into a gas, but then oxygen undergoes atomisation and calcium is back into a solid :confused:
Is that a mistake?

Yes :smile:
Original post by student777
Yes :smile:

Thought so :smile: Thankya
Reply 207
can someone please help me with my question?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=31761053&highlight=water%20of%20crystallisation

its in the thread :-)

Mr of Verdigris (without water) = 460.5

You know that 83.7% right? (100% - 16.3%)

460.5 ----- 0.837
x ----------- 1

x = 550.2

550.2 - 460.5 = 89.7

Mr of Water = 18

89.7/18 = 4.98 = 5

Hope this answers your qs :smile:
Had a good night, got module 3 memorised and the questions in the book done so I just have about half of module 2 left to look over then I can crack on with the past papers. :smile:
Reply 210
An A in jan 11 was 65! :O I got 62 and was traumatized because thats usually a low C but 65 for an A! June will be 90 or something :frown:
Does anyone know whether we need to know that the complex [CoCl4]2- is tetrahedral?

Is the rule of thumb only complexes with Pt are square planar? (For the purpose of our exam of course)
Reply 212
Original post by J DOT A
Hey guys

Can someone please explain to me what it means when it says " It is impossible to measure lattice enthalpy directly becuase it is impossible to form one mole of an ionic compound from gaseous ions".

Is that why we use Hess's cycle? and why must the metal and non metal be in gaseous ions?

Thats is why we use the BORN HABER process becuase realistically we cannot form one mole of ionic lattice cannot be formed from its ions
Reply 213
I need 129/150 in this module to get A* T____T FML
or 110 for an A

The worst thing of this module is that you gotta remember the colors of complex ions and I can never get my head around them.
(don't want to drop any precious marks).

Revise for the half-term I suppose.
This unit is worth 25% of the A-Level grade and is also 30% Synoptic...
How much content of F324 must be known for F325?
Original post by Rosi M
An A in jan 11 was 65! :O I got 62 and was traumatized because thats usually a low C but 65 for an A! June will be 90 or something :frown:

I dont think it would be that based on the complexity of the module. Would be between 60-80 I reckon!
Original post by haydyb123
Does anyone know whether we need to know that the complex [CoCl4]2- is tetrahedral?

Is the rule of thumb only complexes with Pt are square planar? (For the purpose of our exam of course)

We need to know all the shapes!
Reply 217
Original post by sportycricketer
I dont think it would be that based on the complexity of the module. Would be between 60-80 I reckon!

Haha yeah i know, just trying to say how high it will be! Things never go right when it comes to us :frown:
Original post by Rosi M
Haha yeah i know, just trying to say how high it will be! Things never go right when it comes to us :frown:

Lol yeah it cant be 90, no way! I haven't done Jan 2011 yet but people have been saying its quite difficult. Gonna do it next week some point. If they make it easier than that it would high 70s :/
How was F324 for you?
Reply 219
Original post by sportycricketer
Lol yeah it cant be 90, no way! I haven't done Jan 2011 yet but people have been saying its quite difficult. Gonna do it next week some point. If they make it easier than that it would high 70s :/
How was F324 for you?

Yep the january paper was very difficult. They ask you to plan an experiment! I wont tell you what 'cos there wont be any point in you doing it :tongue:

F324 went badddddd.. massive shock. Im re-sitting that. What about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending